Kayla
Savvy May 2019

Need a bra to give a boost?

Kayla, on April 12, 2019 at 11:38 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 43
Saved Save

Did my hair and makeup trial on the same day as my final fitting! I love it the way it is, but I'd love to give the girls a but of a boost? With the world's smallest boobs, I don't want to look like Madonna in her cone bra from the side with these sewn-in cups. On the day-to-day, I wear VS Bombshell to make me not totally flat, but that won't work here thanks to the neck line and back. Any good sticky bra recommendations?? My friend suggested finding one that sticks to the dress, too, but want to make sure it'll give the boost I'm looking for! (nothing too crazy, just to look like I fill out my dress - which I barely do). Thank you!

PS I will also have a veil that goes past the train and my racerback tan line will be gone haha! So excited!

ETA: I'm having some second thoughts on my dress (too late to change it of course), but I always feel beautiful in it and then I see pics of it and am like "meh." I do have some serious body image issues, but wondering what y'all think of it, too? Anyone else feel that way ever?

Back & side where I think I look like madonna haha (in mirror)Need a bra to give a boost? 1FrontNeed a bra to give a boost? 2CloserNeed a bra to give a boost? 3

43 Comments

• Formerbride
    VIP June 2019
    Formerbride

You look beautiful. I don't think you need a boost but you can check for taping tricks. That may be your best bet. Or maybe "chicken cutlets" whatever they're actually called lol, the silicone stick on bra.

• Dita
    Expert August 2019
    Dita
    First of all, you look beautiful. Love the dress and the detailing on the back!
    I do think the front is flattering and that sewn in cups would be your best/most comfortable option. I鈥檓 sure a good seamstress would know how to get them just right to give you a boost and also look natural from all angles. I am also opting for sewn in and I feel you on the small boobs! 馃槀 I worked at Victoria鈥檚 Secret for a few years and I can honestly say I didn鈥檛 like any sticky bra enough, especially to wear all day long. I also don鈥檛 think you鈥檙e going to get the kind of boost you want with a sticky bra. I would definitely talk to your seamstress, but I do believe sewn in would be the best option.
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride
    I think that dress is perfect on you! But if you really want more fullness what about asking the seamstress? She鈥檒l find the perfect size cups for you.

Who鈥檚 the dress designer, by the way? Lovely!
  • Desiree
    Dedicated April 2020
    Desiree
    I鈥檝e heard some people put in more than one sewn in cup to get a better look, id see if she could do that. Any sticky bras or tap isn鈥檛 gonna work for smaller boobs and I only know this cause I鈥檓 going through the same thing!
  • Kayla
    Savvy May 2019
    Kayla
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! It's Allure's Romance line!

• Ansley
    Dedicated February 2020
    Ansley

Your dress is BEAUTIFUL! I feel the same way when I see my dress - but I hope that I'll be wild about it again when the day actually comes.

• Kayla
    Savvy May 2019
    Kayla

Thanks everyone! My wedding is May 4 and I've already had my final fitting, so I don't think sew-in cups are an option at this point I talked to the person there and she said I looked fine, but I still think I'd like a little bit of SOMETHING haha

Glad (but also sorry haha) to see I'm not the only one with this issue!

• Mrs. C
    Super May 2019
    Mrs. C

I wear a C cup but my boobs are just set so low its hard to wear a normal bra at times. I just got s normal pushup bra and it did wonders for me in my dress!

• Tiffany
    Dedicated April 2019
    Tiffany
    So I鈥檓 in the same situation w/ my dress I even thst same part in the middle you have. My small things needed a pick me up too. I bought from Macy鈥檚 but I know you get them at target also... u plunge backless strapless bra. It def. gave them a boost ha I also got double sided boob tape

Need a bra to give a boost? 4
  • Lindsey
    Savvy May 2019
    Lindsey
    View Quoted Comment
    Date twins!!!!! So, I鈥檓 sewing my gown and as a seamstress, they should be able to add another cup on top of the dress lining for extra oomph ontop of what鈥檚 already inside the dress fabric and lining!
  • Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle

Everything....your hair, your make up, your figure, and your DRESS is GORGEOUS!!! Seriously, you look beautiful and so bridal.

• Miryam
    Dedicated September 2019
    Miryam
    I bought the same one as PP from Amazon and I love it! It gives just enough oomph so that I don鈥檛 look completely flat.

Need a bra to give a boost? 5
  • Samantha
    Expert October 2019
    Samantha
    You look beautiful in your dress! I'm having second thoughts about my dress too. I wish I wasn't because I was so in love with it up until a week ago. I think I'm just in a funk right now and will hopefully get out of it soon. But your dress is gorgeous!
  • E
    Dedicated July 2019
    Emerita
    Wow! I love the dress! I think you look beautiful! I think it looks perfect the way it is... praying for a beautiful wedding
  • Iva
    Super September 2019
    Iva
    You look gorgeous in your dress! Body issues where? Seriously, you look lovely.

I totally get the boob issue lol & agree with pp try the sticky plunge bra. Someone here on WW also recently recommended NuBra. I tried their underwire silicon bra & it鈥檚 really great! Super sticky, gives a great boob shape & cleavage & the color of it is very natural skin color & not too pink, like many others I鈥檝e seen. The only issue might be with your sheer panel, depending on how sheer it is you might see the bra clasp. Amazon has free returns on it though, so I would give it a try!
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP December 2019
    Victorian Bride
    You look GORGEOUS!! 鉂も潳
  • Sara
    Expert June 2019
    Sara

Beautiful!!! Following- I'm in a similar situation and I'm not really entirely sure what to do about a sticky-bra or shapewear yet. Think I'll stick to white shorts and one of those sticky bra brands, if anyone knows a brand that actually works? My seamstress says we can also plan to alter the cups a bit to help. Here's a stock photo of mine, which is posing a similar problem-

Need a bra to give a boost? 6

• Katie
    Devoted July 2020
    Katie
    I'm following because i have the same question! I also wear the VS bombshell pretty much daily.

I haven't picked out my dress yet, but my plan is to find something not backless so I have some more options.

I did recently order these guys, one pair of sticky ones and another pair of silicon ones, too try with swim suits this summer. https://www.amazon.com/dp/b00vgjjp2s?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Maybe you could try something like that to fill it out, and use body tape to create a little cleavage (if that's what you want, i don't think you need to, the dress looks lovely)
  • Laura
    Dedicated June 2019
    Laura
    This is a beautiful dress on you! I am also small chested but I am not going to be changing anything to the bra area.
  • Keyona
    Devoted March 2020
    Keyona

I think you look perfect and I love the back!

Comment on this discussion