Just Reenski
Master December 2012

My Hawaiian Honeymoon

Just Reenski, on August 6, 2013 at 12:50 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 30
Saved Save

I haven't posted in forever, but thought I'd share my blog posts about our Hawaiian honeymoon. We went to Honolulu, where my husband was born, so it wasn't a relax on the beach type of honeymoon (which really wouldn't have suited us.) If you're interested in reading about it and/or seeing some pictures, here's a link to part one. You can click over to the next 5 parts at the top of the post (on a computer; on a phone it's at the bottom, I think.)

http://rkisdead.wordpress.com/2013/07/12/our-hawaiian-honeymoon-part-1/

30 Comments

• Maya T.
    Devoted August 2013
    Maya T. ·
    • Flag

This is awesome Reenski....We're going to Maui and Oahu for our honeymoon

• Out the Window
    Master May 2014
    Out the Window ·
    • Flag

Please go to St Lucia for me so I know exactly what to do once I'm there!

• D
    Master May 2014
    D ·
    • Flag

So glad you went. Thank you for sharing.

Years ago I went and also visit the memorial. very sad.

• Megan K
    Expert July 2013
    Megan K ·
    • Flag

Beautiful! And side note: I LOVE your hair!!!

• ECM
    Master November 2013
    ECM ·
    • Flag

Woohoo! Love it! I heard the joke that people mahalo means trash can b/c it's written on all of them.

• Just Reenski
    Master December 2012
    Just Reenski ·
    • Flag

@OTW, okay, I'll tell H we need to go so we can research for you, he'll totally be for it. Smiley smile

@Diane, it was surreal. It was like you could reach out and touch it... I'm looking forward to returning later in life with my children, hopefully it will still be there with all the oil and corrosion of the ship.

@Megan, mahalo! It's a pain in the butt most days, I won't lie, but I generally love it, LOL!

@ECM, I can't write the creepiness of our server constantly saying "Mahalo...." in a way that truly conveys it. But H and I can't stop saying it still, LOL.

• Jackie
    Master October 2014
    Jackie ·
    • Flag

Woooohoooo! Love it!

• Mrs. Potter
    Expert July 2013
    Mrs. Potter ·
    • Flag

My husband and I just got back from honeymooning in Oahu also! Pearl Harbor was amazing!! It was so humbling. We stayed on the west side of the island in Ko Olina, so we had some of that relaxing beach vacay with some adventure!! I already want to go back!!

• Just Reenski
    Master December 2012
    Just Reenski ·
    • Flag

@Mrs. Potter, agreed, I'm ready to return, too! Smiley smile We didn't get the chance to explore more than the Waikiki area (poor planning on my part) but I have big plans for when we win the lottery and go back!

• Barbara
    Master September 2014
    Barbara ·
    • Flag

I loved reading this! I stayed at the Ilikai when I went to Honolulu and probably went into that same ABC store you mentioned to buy flip flops and souvenirs.

• Just Reenski
    Master December 2012
    Just Reenski ·
    • Flag

@Barbara, did you stay through the hotel itself or a timeshare or vacation rental? We loved our room, it was a fantastic deal and I would go through the vacation rental company again in a heartbeat.

• Mrs. Pezz
    VIP September 2013
    Mrs. Pezz ·
    • Flag

Thank you for an enjoyable read for a slow day at work! Looks like a lot of fun!

• Mrs. Pezz
    VIP September 2013
    Mrs. Pezz ·
    • Flag

Oh and I am inspired to buy neck pillows before my trip in September, lol!

• Just Reenski
    Master December 2012
    Just Reenski ·
    • Flag

@Samantha, OMG SERIOUSLY!!!! I was told to, we forgot but figured we'd be okay... no. The pillows would have been worth gold. Smiley smile Glad I could help your day go by faster, LOL!

• Kelly
    VIP February 2014
    Kelly ·
    • Flag

Loved it! Thanks for sharing! We still have no clue where to go on our honeymoon. Smiley sad

• MJ
    Master June 2013
    MJ ·
    • Flag

Awesome!

• Candice B.
    Master July 2013
    Candice B. ·
    • Flag

I sooooooo want to go to Hawaii!! Maybe I'll plan that for our family vacay next year? As long as we can get you guy's room! Hmmmmm...

• Just Reenski
    Master December 2012
    Just Reenski ·
    • Flag

@Candice, if you really plan to do that, be sure to look at the pictures in the website I linked on my breakdown (latest post.) They have one that's a diagram of the building, so you can see which numbers face the water and which face the street.

They also have rooms that have 2 queen beds instead that fit a few more people. Should I be lucky enough to take children in the future, we'd likely go with one of those rooms.

• Barbara
    Master September 2014
    Barbara ·
    • Flag

@Reenski-- I'm embarrassed to say I don't know. I went for work, and my colleague booked the room. My guess is she went through the rental company b/c she'd been to Hawaii many times for work, she was staying for a couple weeks, and she made a big deal about staying there b/c it saved her money. I'm really glad we stayed there-- I don't like going into the ocean, so the lagoon behind the Hilton was perfect for me Smiley smile I only wish I had someone to go pedal boating with. . . next time! Smiley smile

• TooManyMistys
    Master June 2014
    TooManyMistys ·
    • Flag

I so can't wait until we get to go to Hawaii we promised the kids some day we will go (and we will) Just not sure when lol I fear the airfare alone with all 6 of us.

Comment on this discussion