BrideUltimatum
Dedicated May 2010

Morning Wedding Schedule

BrideUltimatum, on March 1, 2010 at 9:05 PM Posted in Planning 1 16
Saved

I am trying to make a schedule for my wedding day. The ceremony will start at 11AM. so what I need is to figure out what time to do hair&make up, get dressed, etc.

16 Comments

Latest activity by 05.01.2010, on March 5, 2010 at 8:44 AM
  • At Last!!!!!
    Super July 2011
    At Last!!!!! ·
    • Flag

I've found a ceremony/reception timeline to be a lifesaver. I used one when I did my bf wedding and it saved my sanity. I got mine through JC Penney's wedding offers but you can google it and I'm sure you'll find one if you're interested...I'm definitely using one!!

• Jaemi C. fka Jaemi S. :-)
    Master October 2010
    Jaemi C. fka Jaemi S. :-) ·
    • Flag

Hmmm well I would suggest plan on arriving 15mins before your ceremony starts and work backwards from there allowing some buffer time. So how far are you from where you will be getting dressed to the ceremony? How far are you from where you are staying to where you will be getting your hair and make up done. Once you figure out your drive time I would then plan on at least an hour to an hour and a half for hair (depending on your trial) and about a half an hour or 45 mins (again use the buffer, better be early than late!!)

• Linda
    Devoted June 2010
    Linda ·
    • Flag

My wedding is at 11AM also! we have to be ready at 9:30 in the morning for pictures! Im getting my hair done at 7:30..that takes an hour..so, ill have an extra hour to get my dress on and put makeup on..hopefully everything will go as planned. Good luck!

• BrideUltimatum
    Dedicated May 2010
    BrideUltimatum ·
    • Flag

Thank you! and congrats! It will only take about 10min to get to my hair&make up appointment which might last 2hrs..The wedding location is 30min away from there. I will be getting dressed at the location.

• Mrs Danie
    Master October 2010
    Mrs Danie ·
    • Flag

Our ceremony will start at 11:00am also. The venue said we cant get there until 9. Im hoping I can talk them into a little earlier since we are the only wedding for the day using the lodge. I unfortunately havent been able to get many people to help out so I will probably be stuck decorating until 10 giving me only an hour to get ready.

• Stephanie Hickerty
    Stephanie Hickerty ·
    • Flag

Your photographer could be an excellent source to help you with your timeline. I consult with all my brides as to when or if we will do any pre-wedding photos of family(to cut down on photography time between the wedding and reception, and also it is based on how much photography coverage they have for their wedding day).

• ladylee
    Master June 2010
    ladylee ·
    • Flag

My wedding is at 11 also. I'm planning to make my hair appt for about 6:00. I'm going to the salon b/c I don't want all kinds of junk dragged into my hotel suite. I would hope it doesn't take more than an hour. I'll go back to my hotel and get my makeup done. I'm thinking 8:00 for makeup. By 9:00 I want to be getting into my dress. The limo is picking me up at 9:30

• BrideUltimatum
    Dedicated May 2010
    BrideUltimatum ·
    • Flag

I am glad to see more people having 11:00 weddings! I will probably have my hair done at 6:00 too. The lady doing my hair & make up said she would be with me most of the day to make sure nothing goes wrong. So I will get my make up done about 8:30 at the wedding location. I have people to help me but I am a do it yourself person so at 9:00 I will be doing a look over. That way I can get everything just right.I know I wont have anything to worry about. Then get in my dress at 9:30 take a few photos. Line up will start at 10:40. Is that a good schedule?

• A
    Devoted September 2010
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

Wedding at 3pm

Salon at 7:30am (bridesmaids hair done first, mine done last)

11:00am - grab a bit to eat, back to hotel

Makeup at 12:30 (again mine done last)

Ceremony Site at 2:00 (im getting dressed there)

2:45 - pacing nervously. hahaha

• ladylee
    Master June 2010
    ladylee ·
    • Flag

Julia are you getting dressed at the ceremony location? My dress isn't in yet but I plan to see how long it takes for my friend to get me all laced up into the dress to see if I need to adjust my timeline at all. But I really think it shouldn't take all that long. The crinoline is already sewn into the dress so I don't have a whole bunch of layers to put on.

• BrideUltimatum
    Dedicated May 2010
    BrideUltimatum ·
    • Flag

Yes I am getting dressed at the location. I have my dress already and it does not take long at all to get it on. I do not have any lace ups or anything. I will just need a little time to adjust my undergarments, get on my shoes, and jewelry.

• Mary Carlson
    Mary Carlson ·
    • Flag

Getting married at 11am and getting your hair done at 6am? Why? I got married at 11 and I had an 8:30 hair appointment. Of course, I didn't DIY and try to do everything myself, like decorating the tables and church. Plus, I look like crap at 6am and I'm sure my stylist wouldn't have been awake enough at 6 to do my hair well. I really liked getting married early in the day. It kept me from getting too worked up and I was able to enjoy the rest of the day. I got dressed at the church, which didn't take an hour and a half. I guess I'm not sure what you're going to do with all that time besides get nervous? We took our pictures after the wedding. I'm not a morning person, and needed time to wake up!

• BrideUltimatum
    Dedicated May 2010
    BrideUltimatum ·
    • Flag

I know what you are saying. I was thinking 8:00 for my hair, but my stylist was the one that suggested 6:00. I am a morning person. It is my best time of the day! I wouldn't mind having all the time to double check everything it would make actually make me less nervous and more relaxed and confident. So I think it might work for the best. I think even if I got my hair apt. at 7:00 it would be ok. I am just excited and want to get everything done! haha!

• S
    Savvy September 2010
    Serena ·
    • Flag

Mine is at 11am also, I have no idea what my timewline is going to be yet but I can't imagine getting my hair done at 6am, I would be a zombie and that's too much time for it to get messed up

• T
    Super August 2010
    T ·
    • Flag

@ Ashley M make sure the stylist has enough zing at the end to do your hair...well I have 10 BMs so they all getting their first step done the night before and I will get my hair styled that morning. Unfortunately for my cousin (MOH) is the hairstylist (she owns her own shop) and majority of the women in my bridal party already go to her to get hair done. It will be hectic for me and her that day!!! Oh did I mention my brother owns barber shop and he will be having similar issues going on next door!!!

Super May 2010
    05.01.2010 ·
    • Flag

Haha my wedding isn't until 6:30pm and we are starting at 9am for hair. I would have liked to start earlier but the salon isn't open. It takes an hour per girl and there will be 10 people. Then it takes 30-45 min per girl for makeup which will start at 1230 for those who got their hair done early. Pictures start at 330pm. We will get to the church around 6pm. We will be cutting everything very close with time so we will really need to stick to the schedule.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics