Skip to main content
C
Dedicated May 2019

May 2019 Brides!

Candace , on May 2, 2018 at 10:08 PM

Posted in Planning 111

Hey May brides! My date is May 18, 2019!! What all do y’all have planned so far? We have booked venue, photographer, hair/makeup so far. What do y’all plan on doing next?
Hey May brides! My date is May 18, 2019!! What all do y’all have planned so far? We have booked venue, photographer, hair/makeup so far. What do y’all plan on doing next?

111 Comments

• Niqua
    Savvy May 2019
    Niqua ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s cool. My fiancé doesn’t know about a grooms cake either and I’m not mentioning it to him lol. I’m planning a cake tasting over the Christmas break. Hope it goes as planned.
  • Mandy
    VIP May 2019
    Mandy ·
    • Flag

May 18, 2019 here...

I got engaged in June and I haven't been planning much.
    Things I have done:
    Picked a date
    Booked our venue
    Picked colors
    Asked wedding party to be in it
    Started collecting addresses/invite list
    Decided on catering ourselves
    Tried on dresses

Hired Photographer

Taken engagement pics
    Contacted lots of people for quotes on hair, makeup, cake, etc
    Started ideas for a registry

I'm in an area where I don't know people so I'm having to ask for suggestions and I'm basically on my own to plan/book.

We haven't done:
    Honeymoon planned
    Any decoration bought
    Dress not bought
    Guys vests not tried in/bought
    Cake not ordered
    Hair/makeup not booked
    Picked a time for the ceremony
    Ordered invitations
    And I'm sure a ton more

• Lequetta
    Just Said Yes September 2019
    Lequetta ·
    • Flag
    May 03, 2019!!!! Just got engaged Thanksgiving and I’ve booked absolutely Nothing😐. But I’m so excited, I’m looking at venues trying to narrow it down now. Wish me luck
  • KYLIE
    Super May 2019
    KYLIE ·
    • Flag
    My date is May 4th. We just got engaged December 19, so moving fast!
  • Alyce
    Beginner May 2019
    Alyce ·
    • Flag
    Working on my DJ, I keep hearing its more important than most, but it still ended up toward the end. I have my first call with Pulse Entertainment today. Fingers crossed I can check it off my list!
  • Niqua
    Savvy May 2019
    Niqua ·
    • Flag
    Happy New Year May brides. It’s almost our time. I’m sooo excited 😆
  • Amanda
    Dedicated May 2019
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

Just joined you all last month so a bit behind the game but catching up! Our date is May 25, 2019! I have the venue, cake, photographer, dress and my future step-daughter's dress bought. I also have made and sent my stds and have my invitations designed and ready to be printed. I meet with our minister tonight to finalize that he will perform our ceremony and am going to look at renting decorations next week. I have asked about flowers but we are doing our own as we are just doing simple babies breath for most of it and I'm ordering it from our local Dillons. I have talked with them and will order it about a month before we need it. I'm trying to get as much done as early as I can because I know emotions will hit hard the closer it gets as my mom passed away just a couple months ago and it's hard doing this without her.

• Veronica
    Savvy May 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag

Hello Everyone! May 12, 2019!!!!! OMG time is flying!!!! We had an engagement party in Aug 2018. In Sept sent the Save The Dates. But then in Oct we had to change our venue and change our date! Smiley amazing Horrible but luckily it has been only a bump. Bought the invitations & favors and some DIY stuff to decorate. So far have the venue, food, photographer, DJ, Photo Booth, officiant, hotel blocks, flowers, dress, bridesmaid dresses, shoes, jewelry, hair & makeup. Have to check on transportation and FH is getting tux & groomsmen ready next week. Oh and we booked the HM. We have to do our food tasting, cake tasting and rehearsals. Ugh not to mention I gotta find a place. I know I'm missing stuff but honestly I'm tiered Smiley amazing

• Veronica
    Savvy May 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hi Megan,

I'm May 12th! So I have one of the MOH out of state. I picked the colors and simply had them pick styles from DB. It wasn't hard. I mailed her the Will you be my MOH box and then it was easy! I suggest either picking colors for them or simply just tell them which dress they have to wear. You're the Bride...in the end they should agree with whatever you say Smiley winking

• Rebecca
    Dedicated May 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag
    Hey! May 26th! We taste the food next week! I think we show them the cake design that day too since they’re also doing the cake. We are going to check out rentals at a rental place for arches to stand in front of, candles, signs etc. and see what they have! No invites out yet!
  • Mrs. C
    Super May 2019
    Mrs. C ·
    • Flag

May 4, 2019 here! We are just over 2 months out and all of the big items are done. We just have minor things to complete from here on out. I do need to send out invites by next week but I am having a person who does calligraphy address my envelopes so I am waiting on that! My showers are in 2 weeks and bachelorette party is the week of the wedding. I am so excited but so nervous I won't get everything done in time!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics