C
Dedicated May 2019

May 2019 Brides!

Candace , on May 2, 2018 at 10:08 PM Posted in Planning 0 111
Saved
Hey May brides! My date is May 18, 2019!! What all do y’all have planned so far? We have booked venue, photographer, hair/makeup so far. What do y’all plan on doing next?

111 Comments

Latest activity by Mrs. C, on February 25, 2019 at 2:59 PM
  • Nicole
    Super November 2019
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    I've planned and booked everything except bride's maids dresses, linens and catering. The caterers won't even talk to me this far out but I'm still pretty sure I know who I want to use. I also still have to ask two ladies to be my bridesmaids and I know the dresses I want to use but I don't want them to order them right now.
  • futuremrspayne
    Expert May 2019
    futuremrspayne ·
    • Flag
    May 10, 2019 here!! We have only booked the venue and the officiant so far! I’m going dress shopping this month and I’ve basically picked out my other vendors (photographer, flowers, etc.) I just need to hire them!
  • dancingwiththekumars
    Expert May 2018
    dancingwiththekumars ·
    • Flag
    My wedding is this Sat 5/5!

we have everything done except few small errands!
  • dancingwiththekumars
    Expert May 2018
    dancingwiththekumars ·
    • Flag
    Woooops you said 2019! Lol
  • Kara
    Expert May 2019
    Kara ·
    • Flag

Date twins! Smiley laugh So far I have found my dress, booked my venue, booked my photographer. We have our officiant and our DJ. So a lot of major things are taken care of. My mom and fiance told me to take a little time and relax now since I got those things done but I can't lol. I've been looking at cake and centerpiece ideas. I will be looking into a florist soon. I'm not getting engagement photos done until end of September because I want them to be in the fall, but I've been looking at different ideas for our pictures to. Because I got a lot of the big stuff done, I'm having fun looking at small things like decor, centerpieces, makeup and hair ideas, wedding invite and save the date ideas and stuff like that. I have a bit of time before I need to really DO anything else.

• Brianna
    Savvy May 2019
    Brianna ·
    • Flag

Date twins OP! So far we have venue, photographer, officiant, and caterer. I started looking for dresses this week!

• Red Queen
    VIP May 2018
    Red Queen ·
    • Flag

LOL let us May 2018 brides make it through first Smiley winking It's scary to see so many people here so far out and then I'm like, oh- that means mine is coming up way too fast!

• L
    Savvy May 2019
    Lauralee ·
    • Flag
    May 25, 2019 bride here! Venue, caterer, hair/make up artist, wedding planner, eve because staff on lockdown!
  • joey
    Expert October 2019
    joey ·
    • Flag

Ladies I changed my wedding date, so that's why I'm a little ahead of the game, okay.

Dress and shoes - none

Venue - none

Centerpieces - none

Caterer - none

DJ - none

Linen - none

bouquet, corsages, bouts - none

Invitations - got all the supplies for diy simple invites, not mailing until 60 days before wedding

wedding website - none

Chargers, napkins, wine bar accessories - none

Misc wedding decor - none

backdrop and props for selfie area - none

DOC - none

Cake - none

Photographer - deposit down - none

Some rentals still need to be secured, video person needs to be secured, hotel rooms need to be paid for out-of-town family members, cases of wine need to be secured, can't do that too early. Candy for favors, can't do till 1 month before. Just random misc stuff that has to be tighten up.

• C
    Dedicated May 2019
    Candace ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Did you mean to say done instead of none? That is so much done already!! When was your original date? I’ve been trying to get all of the big things booked up but everyone keeps telling me that I have time not to stress it but I just want to get all of the big booking out of the way so I can focus on everything else and just enjoy being engaged!
  • joey
    Expert October 2019
    joey ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yeah, I was typing this on my iphone and it kept replacing the word 'done' with 'none'. Smiley xd

Yes, get the big stuff done now. Venue, Catering, DJ, Cake....don't wait because this year will fly by so fast and before you know it, we are into Christmas with 5 more months to go. Go hard and relax with 90% of it is done later, because you got to give yourself time to correct situations if they don't go as planned. You won't have extra time if issues come up and you have to go in another direction and work a Plan B.

My original date was this October, but family issues came up and I was cool with waiting. We're an older couple, so it's no big deal for us, either one of us are going any where :-) I actually wouldn't care if we push it out to September of 2019. I like taking my time and planning everything and not feeling rushed. My venue is super flexible and as long as you give them 30 days notice you can easily change your date with no fees, nothing. Just book another day on the calendar.

• Soon to be Wentz
    Savvy May 2019
    Soon to be Wentz ·
    • Flag

I'm May 19, 2019! We have the big picture stuff done; venue, photographer, videographer, DJ, caterer, baker, & my wedding gown. I keep changing my mind on the little things!!

• C
    Just Said Yes May 2019
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    I have booked reception and ceremony vendors. I also have a DJ. I need to start looking for a photographer. I am super bad at planning and am a pretty big procrastinator. Luckily I have help Smiley smile May 4th, 2019
  • C
    Just Said Yes May 2019
    Curisten ·
    • Flag
    That’s my birthday! Congrats !! My wedding date is May 11 I have a planner venue , carter, make up artist dresses for the girls picked out but not for myself yet
  • C
    Just Said Yes May 2019
    Cassandra ·
    • Flag

May 11th and we have nothing planned! A lot of the stuff we are doing ourselves and since we are in the process of purchasing our first home, we've changed a lot of things. We are no longer using a venue and instead will have a backyard wedding. We are finding it is so much cheaper this way but more stressful as well. So far, we just have our colors picked out and our wedding party. We still need to put together our guest list and send out the save the dates.

• M
    Beginner May 2019
    Mara ·
    • Flag
    May 31, 2019! I dont know anything about weddings and am more tom boy. I like pretty things but I dont got anything set except the date Smiley xd
  • Dorothy
    Beginner May 2019
    Dorothy ·
    • Flag
    May 26,2019! Venue, DJ, Cake,honeymoon booked. We are looking to book the wedding planner this month. Also I’m starting the dress process this month and once I find my dress I will reach out to my bridesmaids. This year is flying!! Our wedding dates will be here before we know it. Happy Planning Brides!!
  • C
    Beginner February 2020
    Caitlyn ·
    • Flag
    Picked out my vendors, putting deposits on everything after we come back from vacation & going dress shopping after as well. May 9 2019
  • Kimberly
    Beginner May 2019
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    May 3 - we have the venue, photographer, and band booked, and I bought my dress two weeks ago :-) haha very ahead of the game. I even already bought the lantern centerpieces for the reception.
  • M
    Beginner July 2019
    Marianne ·
    • Flag

Wow nice! I plan to have wedding destination in maybe Puerto Plata or Punta Cana, Dominican Republic on my wedding date, May 4th 2019, but my fiance and I will call wedding planner today and we are so excited! We are looking forward to booked our wedding venue and other things.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics