Skip to main content
C
Dedicated May 2019

May 2019 Brides!

Candace , on May 2, 2018 at 10:08 PM

Posted in Planning 111

Hey May brides! My date is May 18, 2019!! What all do y’all have planned so far? We have booked venue, photographer, hair/makeup so far. What do y’all plan on doing next?
Hey May brides! My date is May 18, 2019!! What all do y’all have planned so far? We have booked venue, photographer, hair/makeup so far. What do y’all plan on doing next?

111 Comments

• E
    Devoted May 2019
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag
    May 17th here. Have a venue picked out, caterer, and officiant. Don't plan on getting a dress until September. I'm taking things slow so I don't go too crazy.
  • KMedcalf
    Dedicated May 2019
    KMedcalf ·
    • Flag

May 18th Smiley smile We have our venue (ceremony/reception & catering), started our consultation with florist, booked first bridal dress apt, and I've put together my maid of honor box and started a maid of honor box. I've also done cake research so I know who I want to use. We're asking our officiant this month if he's available and we've addressed marriage counseling. I've bought my garter since it's something I'm personally paying for (vs. parents) and because it's fun! The one dress I think I want (and we have the apt for) is more $ than I'd like so we're knocking it out first, since it will affect the budget. I told my ladies to just hope it doesn't fit and then I can find a cheaper dress Smiley xd

• Ms. Main
    Just Said Yes May 2019
    Ms. Main ·
    • Flag
    I have mostly everything picked out!! I just have to order miscellaneous things. The things I didn t pay for or put a deposit on is picked out!! Venue DJ Caterer florist bakery bridesmaids and their dresses! I do need to find an officiant I know what kind & where I want my invites to come from!! As of now I don't feel any pressure or stress!! 😉
  • Ms. Main
    Just Said Yes May 2019
    Ms. Main ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Book your venue. Put down your deposit! Everything will be pointless with out the venue you want! I waited & had to get another!
  • A
    Just Said Yes May 2019
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    May 25,2019 here! We have our venue for ceremony and reception. I have my dress just paying it off now. We are doing a potato bar so we are doing that part ourselves. We have some of the decorations. We have a first songs figured out. I think that’s about it. I have a planner but I still feel so scattered! We are doing a vintage romantic wedding theme. Any suggestions? Congratulations everyone!!!
  • Erica
    Savvy May 2019
    Erica ·
    • Flag
    May 4, 2019 here!! We have our venue, officiant, videographer, photographer, decorator, day of coordinator, florist, DJ, and caterer booked. I have my wedding dress but still need to get my accessories. The bridesmaids have a color and fabric choice to go off of. I can’t book hair and makeup until 9 months out. Our Save The Dates went out months ago because our wedding will be in Florida and our family and friends are in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. We have our invitations picked out when that deadline comes around. FH has to decide on his attire. All decor is picked out and some made already. Rehearsal dinner will be pizza and wings at our favorite local pizzeria. Our honeymoon is booked. 12 months away!
  • Future Mrs. D
    Savvy May 2019
    Future Mrs. D ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol I'm right there with you. My wedding is May 18, 2019 but I'm MOH in my sister's wedding this November. It's her first and my second so I'm ok with taking a back seat.
  • Kati
    Just Said Yes May 2019
    Kati ·
    • Flag
    So far we have booked our venue! Hired a wonderful DJ, picked our florist, bought everything for our centerpieces, bought my wedding dress, and a few things for the bridal shower.
    Now to just find a good photographer. I'm a little nervous we haven't found one yet!
    All and all I think we're doing ok Smiley diamond
  • Donicia
    Dedicated May 2019
    Donicia ·
    • Flag
    Yay for May!!!
    May 5th 2019 is our day and we have everything big done minus my FH ring, passports, and Officiant.
    Now small stuff like gifts for the parents, booklet of stamps (for the invitations), and batteries for the tea lights (gotta have backups).
    So excited for every one of you ladies and may you have a fun journey to your weddings next year!!!! ❤
  • Tailine
    Savvy May 2019
    Tailine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes i will be doing that within the next week or so. I’ve been in constant contact with all my vendors to make sure my date is available so it should be fine , they told me they would let me know if anyone contacts them and are interested in the same date
  • M
    Dedicated May 2019
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    I just booked our honeymoon this morning! I also have my seamstress booked for my bridesmaid dresses and groomsmen vests. Going to look at our venues for ceremony and reception on Tuesday before officially booking them, as well.
  • L
    Savvy May 2019
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Date Twins. If your looking for cheap but good quality dresses try Azazie.com. Their dresses are good.
  • L
    Savvy May 2019
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Date Twins 😉
  • KMedcalf
    Dedicated May 2019
    KMedcalf ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’ve checked them out- I just can seem to find a dress that works :/ I was referring to hoping my dress wouldnt fit so the overall budget would be opened up a bit more haha. But, I would say that the bridesmaid dresses have been the most difficult part so far lol. The budget for the bridesmaid dresses is important because I only have two and one is flying in from Europe and the other is my MOH whose helping to host my bridal shower, so the extra expenses. I asked what their budget for a dress would be so I could find something that worked for them so it wouldn’t be financial difficult so it’s just going to take some real looking because nothing has really stood out that doesn’t look super typical, like that makes me want to yawn haha
  • K
    Just Said Yes May 2019
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Flag

So far we have our Venue, Photographer, DJ, Bartender, Cake/cupcakes, wedding party chosen, I've purchased my dress and throughout this month and june we will have bridesmaid dresses picked out, some decorations made/purchased, catering , linens, flowers and everything else pretty much done just payments and more decorations put together until the big day! Can't Wait!

• M
    Just Said Yes May 2019
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    I'm getting married May 19 2019!
    We just looked at our venue yesterday and deciding on booking this week! We have our invitations made and have our videographer!
    What's your theme/colors?
  • Jenny
    Dedicated May 2019
    Jenny ·
    • Flag
    I have my venue locked down, 2 photographers, photo Booth, DJ, hotel, and engagement photos scheduled. I haven’t gone dress shopping yet. I plan to start the end of the month or early June. My date is May 10, 2019
  • Jen
    Just Said Yes May 2019
    Jen ·
    • Flag
    I’m May 4, 2019. I have venue, photo and video booked so far. I have set dates to go dress shopping for myself this June and for my bridesmaids in August. Plan to have engagement shoot done in September with save the dates sent out in October though most people know our date anyhow. My guest list is done but may do some cutting. Inviting 187 need to reach 150 for venue. Still need DJ and florists and decor. ahhh!!! and more savings my FH and I are paying for the majority of it.
  • Jen
    Just Said Yes May 2019
    Jen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Anniversary twins!! May the fourth be with you!!
  • Lindsey
    Savvy May 2019
    Lindsey ·
    • Flag
    May 4, 2019 here! We have the venue, photographer, caterer, DJ, ceremony music, hair and make up person, florist all booked- and I’m making me dress and flower girl dresses and my maid of honor is making th bridesmaids dresses- I’ve figured out what They’ll all look like so far, and I have my reception shoes as well. In th process of meeting an officiant our schedules just haven’t synced yet. Engagement pics are next weekend which will be on the save the dates. We have a few cake taste nfs scheduled over the next month as well. I have some DIY decorations planned and yard games and our wedding arch plans as well, which will happen over the next year. Favors are figured out as well. We need wedding night hotel and transportation from venue to whatever hotel we choose and maybe a room block at this point, and we have to set up thra registry soon as well.

Don't wait to plan, especially if you’re feeling this way. Time will fly bye- we’ve been engaged for 8 months and it feels like just a few months ago we started planning. Do it now so you won’t be as stressed later!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics