Skip to main content
Beginner May 2020

May 16th 2020 - Wait or postpone?

Ashley, on March 30, 2020 at 10:26 AM Posted in Community Conversations 2 5
As many of you I’m stressed, upset and heartbroken. Our wedding day is May 16th and it doesn’t look like this is getting any better. I went ahead and reached out to my venue and if we were going to postpone the ONLY day they have open this year is July 4th. Our venue is not air conditioned, and I highly doubt all of our vendors would even be available that weekend. I don’t know if we should give it a few more weeks and see how it plays out or go ahead and make plans for NEXT year 🙁


Latest activity by Laura, on March 30, 2020 at 9:25 PM
  • Anna
    Super August 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag

    I'm sorry you are dealing with this. Personally I think July is too soon. Our wedding is August and I figure we have a 50/50 chance of it happening at his point. I just think it would not be worth the heartache to have to postpone a 2nd time if it came to it. Have you looked into available Thursdays or Sundays? I know its more inconvenient but your guests will understand the limited options you had under these circumstances. All the best.

    • Reply
  • Veronica
    Expert June 2021
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    We are May 17 and I just cried all day yesterday once I heard the news of the new shelter in place laws. I don’t even know what to do we can’t even get a marriage license since everything is closed and our venue is supposed to have an update next week I’m losing my marbles on what to do 😭
    • Reply
  • T
    Savvy August 2020
    Tameka ·
    • Flag
    Hi Veronica, sorry to hear that. You might want to just call them to see if they will be available for July 4th you never know. Your right May 16th dont look like things will be better by then. My wedding day is also in May. We are just gonna try to get married the original day and have the reception in August, thankfully all my vendors will be available.
    • Reply
  • Samantha
    Just Said Yes August 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    My wedding is also May 16 so far we reached out to all the vendors and they all got back except the food place I’m not sure they are even open. But they are holding a future date in June for us but we are trying not to make any calls until mid April. Mostly everyone attending is in town or driving distance except my youngest sister. And it’s only 70 people I feel it’s a little too early to make any calls based on the day to day news stuff is different a lot can happen in a few weeks I really hope we don’t have to move it because I’m stressing enough my anxiety is thru the roof and luckily my fiancé and I are both still working and have paid everything off mainly. So no stress there just playing the waiting game tbh
    • Reply
  • Laura
    Champion June 2010
    Laura ·
    • Flag

    Hi Ashley! My heart goes out to you in this crazy time of stress and uncertainty! Smiley heart

    We've started gathering helpful resources in our COVID-19 Wedding Support Central, and you can connect with other brides facing the same tough questions in these discussions:

    May 16 brides---what Next Due to Coronavirus?

    May brides and your plan of action?

    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more


WeddingWire article topics