L
VIP September 2015

let's talk honey moons!

Lisa, on September 1, 2014 at 8:12 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 40
Saved Save

I know there have been TONS of posts about honey moon destinations .... but oh well here's another one! Where are you going!?

FH and I are going to leave the day after our wedding and fly to Orlando, spend 4 days at Disney World and then fly from Orlando to either Aruba or Punta Cana for 8 nights/9 days!

40 Comments

• Teagan
    Super July 2015
    Teagan ·

I want to go to Aruba SOO bad! Tickets are really cheap in July, but I think that's because if hurricane season :/

• Future Mrs. Walker
    Devoted September 2015
    Future Mrs. Walker ·

Leaving the morning after wedding for a 10 day stay in Disney World at caribe an beach resort

• L
    VIP September 2015
    Lisa ·

@Future Mrs. Walker - looks like we will be there within a week, not even, of each other!

• KarenM
    Master November 2014
    KarenM ·

We're off for 6 nights in the Riviera Maya for an all inclusive resort. I can't wait.

• C
    Master June 2015
    ChampagneDream ·

All your trips sound wonderful!

We're one of the few couples who are not planning a tropical beach vacation. We're planning (haven't booked yet) to go to Ireland and road trip around for about 10 days.

• B
    Master December 2015
    BunnyLove ·

We're going to Turks & Caicos. We were going to leave shortly after the ceremony, but FH is starting his own firm, so we're planning to leave late May early June.

• Heather
    VIP October 2015
    Heather ·

We are going to Sandals Antigua. We are leaving the summer after our wedding.

• Lady O.
    Super March 2015
    Lady O. ·

We're leaving Easter sunday (4 weeks after the wedding) for 6 nights in Puerto Vallarta at an all-inclusive adults-only resort in a honeymoon suite. *sigh* Is it April yet???

• Gina
    Super December 2015
    Gina ·

Disney world for two weeks, which will also fall on Christmas

• Mrs.Matthews
    Master January 2015
    Mrs.Matthews ·

We are also going to Disney. We just came back from Disney today actually.We were planning on staying at the contemporary, but we stayed there this trip and it was nasty so we are changing hotels.

• C
    Master June 2015
    ChampagneDream ·

@Teagan- I've always heard that Aruba has no hurricane season and is great to go anytime of the year.

• Megan
    Expert October 2014
    Megan ·

Wedding is Saturday and leaving Monday for a week in ireland!!

• C
    Master June 2015
    ChampagneDream ·

@Megan- we're going to Ireland and have just started planning. Where in Ireland are you going?

• Teagan
    Super July 2015
    Teagan ·

ChampagneDream that's awesome! Someone on WW mentioned to me that July may be hurricane season and that's why prices drop in half during July. It got me really worried! I looked very little into it, but did not really find a solid yes or no answer. I hear it is an awesome place! Nothing is booked yet, but we just cannot beat the prices or those plane tickets.

• L
    VIP September 2015
    Lisa ·

Gina! Where have you been!? haha I haven't seen you post at all in sooo long!

• Debbie
    Super May 2015
    Debbie ·

Haven't decided yet! Still between Ireland, Italy, and now we've added going to Napa Valley and driving to San Francisco! Can't we just do all 3?

• Future Mrs. Walker
    Devoted September 2015
    Future Mrs. Walker ·

Boston bunny. I'm so excited can not wait for this next year to pass

• C
    Master June 2015
    ChampagneDream ·

@ Debbie- tough decision. Like I mentioned we're planning Ireland, but Italy is our second choice. I've been all over Italy so we don't want to do it again. I adore Italy and I'd say weigh your pros and cons carefully because Italy is A M A Z I N G.

ETA- Teagan- def do your research- I wouldn't rule it out quite yet.

• Caylin C.
    Master August 2015
    Caylin C. ·

FH is surprising me. It'll be Disney World, Las Vegas, or New Orleans.

• KarenS
    Devoted November 2014
    KarenS ·

If you go to Aruba, be sure to take a tour with Madi's Magical tours. Very casual but a ton of fun and you couldn't ask for a more personal experience! The hotels won't recommend her but I can. I love Aruba!

We're planning an Alaskan cruise but in the meantime, we'll spend a few days with our dog in a private cabin with a hot tub up in the NC Mountains.

Comment on this discussion