Lynnie
WeddingWire Administrator October 2016

Keep or Cancel: Clinking for Kisses?

Lynnie, on July 16, 2019 at 11:05 AM

Posted in Wedding Reception 213

Clink Clink!! 馃 It's time to smooch again, as demanded by your guests! Are you saying keep to this tradition because you'll take any opportunity to lay another kiss on your new spouse's lips? 馃槝 Or do you want to cancel the incessant kissing-on-command clinking demands? Would you keep or cancel...

Clink Clink!! 馃 It's time to smooch again, as demanded by your guests! Are you saying keep to this tradition because you'll take any opportunity to lay another kiss on your new spouse's lips? 馃槝 Or do you want to cancel the incessant kissing-on-command clinking demands?

Would you keep or cancel clinking for kisses?

cfb_1239683.jpg

Photo by Samantha McFarlen in Gig Harbor, WA

Next Question: Bouquet Toss

Back to the Beginning: Keep or Cancel?

213 Comments

• Ivy ORP
    VIP October 2019
    Ivy ORP
    • Flag

Cancel. My family did this at my sister's wedding and it just became constant. We are normally very affectionate anyway so I don't think we'll need to be prodded.

• Wendy
    Dedicated April 2020
    Wendy
    • Flag

Cancel! Let them kiss when they want! LOL

• Tara
    Savvy September 2019
    Tara
    • Flag
    Keep, but if too many clinks happen, I think we will respond to very little at that point.
  • C
    Savvy March 2020
    Chelsye
    • Flag

I have never heard of this tradition, but it sounds annoying. Plus, I don't need any additional excuses to kiss my honey.

• Destinee
    Savvy September 2019
    Destinee
    • Flag

Keep, though if it was the cowbell thing? NO THANK YOU.

• Future Mrs. Polar Bear
    Super April 2019
    Future Mrs. Polar Bear
    • Flag

CANCEL FOR THE LOVE OF GOSH CANCEL! Does anyone take into consideration people with health issues that get 100% worse when those glasses are clinking? Yea....it's hell.

• Samantha
    Savvy October 2020
    Samantha
    • Flag

Cancel. I'll kiss my new husband when I want to, not when you tell me to. It's annoying to have to kiss on command and the sound of the clanking gives me a headache.

• Destinee
    Savvy September 2019
    Destinee
    • Flag

By the end of the night we were rolling our eyes at it, but it was still cute for the most part.

• Andrea
    Devoted October 2020
    Andrea
    • Flag

The first time I saw this done was about 3 weeks ago at my bro in laws wedding. I was told at the time it was a Chinese tradition, but seeing it mentioned here lets me know I was misinformed. I would love to keep this tradition going!

• Jillian
    Savvy April 2020
    Jillian
    • Flag

Keep! It is just a fun one for everyone.

• Jessica
    Devoted February 2020
    Jessica
    • Flag

Keep. It keeps things entertaining.

• Cheyenne
    Beginner June 2020
    Cheyenne
    • Flag
    Cancel. I have never really liked that part in weddings I've been to. I feel like they never get a chance to finish conversations or eating or anything because people always go way overboard with it and do it constantly.
  • Ashley
    Expert November 2020
    Ashley
    • Flag

Keep. Though I'm sure we'll be smooching enough without our guest's help. Haha

Comment on this discussion