Cassi
Devoted August 2022

July 2022 wedding 馃拻

Cassi, on January 9, 2021 at 2:03 AM Posted in Florida Planning 0 11
Saved
Hello 馃憢馃徑 I am having a July wedding in Destin FL?I鈥檓 just up late night wedding thinking and wondering if we will all melt to death lol. I know FL has scorching summers in general, but has anyone been to Destin in late July? One of my bridesmaids goes every May-but that鈥檚 may. Lol. We chose this part of the year because with post pointing and not wanting a cold wedding and our daughter graduating in May of that year, we want our date to be just ours and not take away from any other events and Vice versa.

Heat and all, I can鈥檛 wait to be on the Destin waters! they鈥檙e so pretty!馃槏鈾ワ笍

11 Comments

Latest activity by Cassi, on February 7, 2021 at 12:51 AM
  • Rebecca
    Master August 2019
    Rebecca
    • Flag

Congrats! I have not been to FL in July, but I've been down to SC.... it's pretty sticky.

That said, if you have a mostly indoor wedding, that shouldn't be much of an issue.

• Brooke
    Just Said Yes October 2022
    Brooke
    • Flag
    I absolutely love Destin FL I got engaged there and my in laws go there every year in July! Yes July can be hot but the thing is it rains a lot so there's that to think about! But it's beautiful and a great place to get married at!
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa
    • Flag
    Hello from another July 2022 bride!! I agree with Rebecca - if you are having a mostly indoor wedding at a place that has air conditioning, I think it'll be fine!
  • Mrs. Spring
    Master April 2021
    Mrs. Spring
    • Flag
    Yes, the high is usually very close to 90 degrees Fahrenheit. I would definitely melt! I was so uncomfortable at a wedding even in KY in August that was outdoors. I dripped sweat everywhere.
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I was planning on outdoor馃槵 but I want to have an evening sunset wedding so maybe it鈥檒l be a little more cooled off馃檹馃徑And thank you!!鈾ワ笍
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!! I鈥檒l keep up on the weather. I鈥檝e tried looking into what typical weather is like in July in Destin just to get an idea but I know it can鈥檛 be fully predicted. 馃し馃徑鈥嶁檧锔忦煓
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks Lisa! I appreciate it馃檪I was telling Rebecca it鈥檒l be outdoor and hopefully evening/sunset so maybe the cool breeze will slide through lol I really want a pretty barefoot in the sand wedding 馃槏
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hey, I like in nky 馃檪and I know you probably did, my gets the hottest in august. I forgot to mention that I will probably have an evening/sunset wedding and maybe the humidity will have gone down by then 馃檹馃徑馃槏my freidnds are so sweet they鈥檙e like 鈥渨e Weill melt for you鈥 馃槀馃槀馃挭馃徑
  • Mrs. Spring
    Master April 2021
    Mrs. Spring
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Awww very nice friends 馃挀馃挀馃挀馃挀馃挀馃挀
  • Angie
    Just Said Yes February 2022
    Angie
    • Flag
    Honestly... yes. I lived in Destin for 8 years and it is most likely going to be hot and sticky, even after the sun has gone down. Not a dealbreaker for everyone but just wanted to give my two cents!
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you for that!! I鈥檒l keep that in mind for attire 馃檪鈾ワ笍

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics