We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Day
Devoted July 2021

Jewelry & Hair Accessories - lost - What Would You Wear?

Day, on May 3, 2021 at 11:01 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 8
Saved Save

Let me start by saying that I love jewelry but don't wear it as much as I used to... AND NOW I'M LOST!

I have a few staple pieces of jewelry that I wear on a daily basis (silver bracelet and a gold necklace LOL YIKES). I rarely venture out of my comfortable favorites. I stopped wearing earrings for years, and even though I can still wear them... my ears are highly sensitive. They turn bright red, and I get a mild rash until the earrings are removed or replaced.

I know the wedding look I have in my head will not be complete without some type of jewelry, but I'm so lost on what I should wear with my white dress. I was thinking a silver bracelet, long silver earrings, and no necklace? (My hair will be half back with curls). But my fiancé is wearing a green suit, white dress shirt with a goldish bow tie to go with our white, gold, and neutrals boho themed beachside picnic. The florals are also neutral and pictured below.

I'm just so lost! I feel like I'm in the wrong color wedding dress for the look... but I bought an ivory dress and didn't feel 100% like a bride. The dress below has already been taken to get fitted and I'm sure it's the one!

Please spam me with your favorite jewelry sets for my dress! Give me your feedback if I should go with gold or silver. What should I do about my fiancé's cufflinks (gold or silver with white are my options)? I'm open to bracelets, earrings, and necklaces (though I think the neckline is gorgeous and speaks for itself). Nothing too flashy or expensive because I probably won't wear it again!

If you have ideas for veils or hair pieces that would go amazing with this look... let me know as well. The wedding is in July, and I need to order them ASAP.

Dress:

Jewelry & Hair Accessories - lost - What Would You Wear? 1

Hair (but with more curls):

Jewelry & Hair Accessories - lost - What Would You Wear? 2

Floral Bouquet:

Jewelry & Hair Accessories - lost - What Would You Wear? 3

Suit and Tie Inspiration:

Jewelry & Hair Accessories - lost - What Would You Wear? 4Jewelry & Hair Accessories - lost - What Would You Wear? 5

8 Comments

Latest activity by StillLookingForThatMagicExtra, on May 4, 2021 at 4:44 PM
  • Hannah
    Rockstar July 2019
    Hannah Online ·
    • Flag
    Your jewelry doesn't have to match your fiance's. As far as earrings go, I'm curious if you have the same reaction depending on the metal. A lot of people have different metal allergies, so I would maybe test out some different metals to see what it is. Because what you're describing sounds more like an allergic reaction than just some irritation from not being used to wearing earrings. Silver (or white gold) will look fine with your color scheme. Mixing metals is pretty common, and your jewelry doesn't have to match the decor.
  • Grace
    Expert February 2022
    Grace ·
    • Flag
    I agree with Hannah all around. I have family members who can only wear pure silver or titanium earings due to metal allergies they developed over time. Sounds similar to what you are describing actually. It can be difficult, but not impossible, to find things that they can wear without having a reaction.

I think you could go with either long statement earnings or a small sparkly necklace. Might be too busy with both necklace and earings since your hair will be down as well. Bracelet works fine with either option. Are you looking for something sparkly? detailed (filagree)? elegant and simple? I am happy to send you some options with a little more direction to work with.
  • Day
    Devoted July 2021
    Day ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’ll definitely take the time to figure out what’s going on with the metal allergy! I think I like the idea of statement earrings with a matching bracelet. The dress is pretty sparkly so I think simple, sparkly jewelry would be best... delicate for sure.
  • Day
    Devoted July 2021
    Day ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks so much! I’ll look into the metal allergy before settling on a jewelry set. Silver toned for sure; and I’ll remind myself not to match my attire to everything LOL!
  • Erin
    Expert May 2021
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    Yeh definitely check the allergy to metals FIRST!! I got my ears pierced when i was 7 with 14k yellow gold, after the set time when i could change them i wore lots if earrings and cheap ones from claires and walmart all the time.. i turned 18 and was given a pair of sterling silver earrings with really thick posts it hurt to put them in and out.. we got them filed down but it STILL wasnt enough and i ended up getting an allegoric reaction to ANY of my other earrings at the time (all sterling silver or cheap) so for years i just couldn’t wear earrings for more than a minute before they got all red and pussy and hurt... then at 30 my boyfriend wanted to get me earrings .. i suggested he try 14k yellow or white gold.. he got 14k white gold and i have had 0 problems!!! Then 2 years later got me 14k yellow gold earrings again 0 problems!!! I am in the process of buying 14k white gold hooks for all my cheap dangly earrings so i can wear them again!!!!
  • B
    Super July 2017
    Becky ·
    • Flag

I agree with the others about checking into the metals. I can wear sterling silver, gold, or surgical steel. That's it. If I wear cheap earrings my ears break out, hurt, and become discolored. Definitely try better metals for the posts/hooks

• Michelle
    Rockstar October 2022
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    Wear whatever you love. It doesn’t have to match anything.
  • S
    StillLookingForThatMagicExtra ·
    • Flag

If you're really determined to have silver or silver-style jewellery with a white dress then maybe a strong coloured hair piece will bring it together nicely. Maybe something blue or green?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics