Lynnie
WeddingWire Administrator October 2016

I've forgotten to wear my engagement ring - true or false?

Lynnie, on August 27, 2019 at 11:39 AM

Posted in Community Conversations 157

When your ring finger has been ring-free for your entire lifetime, it can be easy to forget to wear your new bling!! 馃拲 Have you accidentally left your ring behind yet? "I've forgotten to wear my engagement ring" - true or false? Next Question: My fianc茅(e) is as involved in planning as I am Back to...

When your ring finger has been ring-free for your entire lifetime, it can be easy to forget to wear your new bling!! 馃拲 Have you accidentally left your ring behind yet?

"I've forgotten to wear my engagement ring" - true or false?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Next Question: My fianc茅(e) is as involved in planning as I am

Back to the Beginning: True or False?

157 Comments

• Paula
    Super September 2019
    Paula
    • Flag

True but only one time in the beginning. I don't wear it to bed and forgot it when going to work one day

• Laura
    Expert September 2019
    Laura
    • Flag

FALSE! Granted there were 2 times where I ALMOST left for work without my ring but I've never actually walked out without my ring lol

• Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta
    • Flag
    True! I鈥檝e never been much of a jewelry person and I鈥檓 def not used to wearing rings. The jeweler cautioned me I shouldn鈥檛 wear the ring to bed, and I forget to put it on in the morning allllll the time!
  • Megan
    Expert October 2019
    Megan
    • Flag
    False. I rarely take mine off.
  • Jasmine
    Dedicated August 2020
    Jasmine
    • Flag
    Several of times already!
  • Heidi
    Beginner November 2020
    Heidi
    • Flag
    True! I take it off to shower, sleep, or do housework and sometimes I forget to put it back on over the weekends. DF took me to his work picnic function and I鈥檇 forgotten to put it on that day and I felt awful without it. I always remember it during the week days though!
  • Parshandatha
    Beginner December 2020
    Parshandatha
    • Flag
    True! I've forgotten so many times, especially when I first got engaged. My FH usually reminded me to put it back on. But I was trying to not get soap on it. Now I leave it on even when washing my hands. Guess it's time for another jewelery soak.
    Sometimes my fingers swell at night, so I take it off before I go to bed and back on when getting dressed in the morning.
  • Monique
    Master December 2019
    Monique
    • Flag
    True! It happens. A crazy quick morning, running out of the house, relocating it. I have never lost it before and for that I give myself credit because I am Terrible with any type of jewelry/
  • Marlena
    Expert June 2020
    Marlena
    • Flag
    True, I took it off while I showered and instead of putting it back on right away I lotioned my hands and forgot to put it back on until later that day when I got done with errands.
  • Julie
    VIP February 2020
    Julie
    • Flag
    True...I didn't leave the house without it, but I definitely forgot to put it back on after dishes or cooking raw chicken or putting on lotion, etc
  • Jessica
    Expert June 2023
    Jessica
    • Flag
    True but I've only forgot it once when we were newly engaged. But also false because that was almost 4 years ago
  • Kelisa
    Dedicated November 2020
    Kelisa
    • Flag

I'm currently engaged with no ring..... It's annoying at times, but I have other rings to sub until I get a ring.

• R
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Rhonda
    • Flag

False. Is that really an option?

• B
    Savvy October 2020
    Brandy
    • Flag
    Always my fiance is so used to finding it when I'm not home. Plus half my friends haven't seen it because when I see them I dont have it. But it's gotten a lot better
  • Diana
    VIP December 2019
    Diana
    • Flag
    FALSE!! I haven鈥檛 taken it off, except to clean it!!!
  • H
    Super September 2019
    H
    • Flag
    True. In the very early stages of our engagement I took it off a lot to keep it from getting dirty when washing dishes, snagging while sleeping or getting caught in my hair while in the shower.

Now I hardly ever take it off
  • Mrs. H
    Master September 2019
    Mrs. H
    • Flag

Very rarely鈥 I've forgotten it once or twice and have felt completely naked without it

• Shilo
    Dedicated October 2020
    Shilo
    • Flag

True. I forget it when I'm in a hurry lol

• Vanessa
    Expert September 2019
    Vanessa
    • Flag
    ONCE! 馃槀 I was so sad lol
  • Katelyn
    Devoted September 2019
    Katelyn
    • Flag

True. My ring is a fairly large diamond and I don't like to wear it to bed because i often wake up with like an imprint on my body somewhere. I was late to work one morning and forgot to put it on. I felt so weird all day!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics