Lynnie
WeddingWire Administrator October 2016

I've forgotten to wear my engagement ring - true or false?

Lynnie, on August 27, 2019 at 11:39 AM

Posted in Community Conversations 157

When your ring finger has been ring-free for your entire lifetime, it can be easy to forget to wear your new bling!! 馃拲 Have you accidentally left your ring behind yet? "I've forgotten to wear my engagement ring" - true or false? Next Question: My fianc茅(e) is as involved in planning as I am Back to...

When your ring finger has been ring-free for your entire lifetime, it can be easy to forget to wear your new bling!! 馃拲 Have you accidentally left your ring behind yet?

"I've forgotten to wear my engagement ring" - true or false?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Next Question: My fianc茅(e) is as involved in planning as I am

Back to the Beginning: True or False?

157 Comments

• Arielle
    Expert August 2020
    Arielle
    • Flag

True. I take it off to shower, clean and before bed. I wear a silicone band to the gym but sometimes I forget to change it before work.

• Susan
    Devoted October 2021
    Susan
    • Flag

True! I don't sleep with it on, so a couple of mornings I've forgotten. I felt so weird without it... My FH brought it to me when I asked nicely. Smiley smile

• Andrea
    Devoted October 2020
    Andrea
    • Flag

Nope... I have not forgotten

• Riley
    Expert September 2020
    Riley
    • Flag

Yes sometimes I shower before work and put my ring in my ring dish and forget to put it back on, but I remember the whole rest of the night.

• Brianna
    Devoted April 2025
    Brianna
    • Flag
    I've only forgotten my ring ONCE and my fianc猫 was a little upset about it 馃槙 Other than that I wear my ring every single day. I'm not insane like some people who sleep or shower with it on, but it's on my finger 95% of the day
  • Jessica
    Expert February 2020
    Jessica
    • Flag

True, I take it off when cooking certain messy meals and the first few times I forgot to put it back on.

• D
    Savvy October 2022
    Destiny
    • Flag
    True!!!! There has been a few times that I have been in a hurry and have run out of the house without it. Just with friends that know I鈥檓 engaged or to the store real quick
  • Just Us Two
    Dedicated May 2021
    Just Us Two
    • Flag
    Oftentimes I remove my ring before going to bed because it's uncomfortable sleeping in my jewelry but I never leave the house without wearing it.
  • Ashley
    Super November 2020
    Ashley
    • Flag

Never! I only take it off when I shower or clean and wear a silicon one when I swim, hike, or workout.

• Sweet'N'Rhodes
    Devoted March 2022
    Sweet'N'Rhodes
    • Flag

False. I don't have one yet, but when I do it's not coming off unless I need an x ray or something.

• Mikayla
    Dedicated May 2021
    Mikayla
    • Flag

False, I have never taken it off.

• Elizabeth
    Dedicated November 2020
    Elizabeth
    • Flag

I haven't forgotten to leave the house without my engagement ring but I did take it off to do dishes the night we told them and I almost left their house without it.

• Jeanette
    Expert July 2022
    Jeanette
    • Flag

Never never never

• Mary
    Dedicated October 2021
    Mary
    • Flag
    False. I love my ring so so so much. I only don鈥檛 wear it in the shower or when I鈥檓 working out.
  • Mrs. Spring
    Master April 2021
    Mrs. Spring
    • Flag
    True. Ive forgotten it maybe 3 times out of almost three years being engaged.
  • Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta
    • Flag
    True. More times than I鈥檇 like to admit LOL
  • Emilia
    Expert June 2019
    Emilia
    • Flag

False. But I've forgotten to put it on the other hand the day of my wedding to make room for the wedding ring. I had to do it at the ceremony.. Smiley laugh

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics