Brittany
Master April 2019

I’m getting married today!

Brittany, on April 19, 2019 at 7:11 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 18
Saved Save

I’m lying in bed right now, with about 11 and a half hours left of this journey. So while I’m here not able to sleep, I figured I’d share a few thoughts Smiley smile

Last night we had our “rehearsal” dinner. From the beginning, our officiant told us a rehearsal wasn’t really necessary for our needs. But I’m sorttt of type-A, so we worked something out with our coordinator at the venue who is going to rehearse with the bridal party briefly while FH (omg almost just husband!) and I do our first look. Whether or not you do a rehearsal, I STRONGLY suggest getting together with your party, or your nearest and dearest if you’re not having a bridal party, to kick back the night before. I loved last night. It was amazing to have all our closest there at one time, mingling and getting to know each other. I felt so warm inside. By the end my bridesmaid’s boyfriends were joking with the groomsmen, my dad and FH’s uncle were bonding over cigars and whiskey. It just felt magical honestly. I feel like it was a great ice breaker for today, but more importantly, it put me at complete ease. That’s exactly how I’d want to feel the night before the biggest day of my life.

I’ve been planning this wedding for 400+ days. And I felt the most stress between 100-20 days out. After that, it really melted away on it’s own. I had some nerves a few days ago but (for right now) they’re gone. Everyone has been mentioning to me how they’re bummed about the weather (73% chance of rain as I write this; probably during our first look). And I’m just like...guys, relax lol I thought I’d be bummed too but I’m completely unfazed by the weather. To be honest, it feels freeing to just NOT care...like at all. I was that girl on WeddingWire who when people said rain isn’t the end of the world, in my head I’d be thinking “It ruins all my dreams of outside pictures with sunbeams and dry clothes!! It kind of is the end of the world! Umbrellas aren’t cute.”

I’m here today to tell you that they were right, my clear umbrella is in the car (from our engagement pictures, where it poured all over us), and I’m ready to roll rain or shine. Rain is the last thing I care about today. It seemed like such a big deal during planning (with a Jersey April wedding we went in assuming it would rain), and it’s just so not. One last bit of advice - don’t skip packing an emergency kit! I almost didn’t, because I figured there’s a CVS or something close enough to my venue. Be like Nike and just do it! I’ve already used mine!

Real quick - I’d like to thank the WeddingWire community for getting me through this process. I think I would have been a complete and utter mess without the conversation and support. This is an amazing resource and I’m glad I found it and became a part of it.

I’m off to get married y’all! Have an amazing Friday!

18 Comments

• Katie
    VIP November 2019
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    Congrats on your day ! I hope you have an amazing day
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

Omg that's so exciting! I hope your day is everything you've dreamed of!

• Jessica
    VIP October 2019
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

Congratulations girl! Can't wait to see all your pictures Smiley smile

• Christine
    Dedicated October 2019
    Christine ·
    • Flag
    Congrats!!! Enjoy every moment!! Smiley smile
  • Masonbride
    Dedicated June 2019
    Masonbride ·
    • Flag
    Ahhhn I loved everything about this, enjoy your day❤️
  • Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

Congrats on your big day. I cannot wait to see your BAM pics, and hear all about it. That is so awesome that you aren't freaking out over things you can't control...it'll definitely make for a better experience. And remember, rain on a wedding day is supposed to mean good luck!

• Maria
    Super October 2019
    Maria ·
    • Flag

That's the way to go into today - enjoy every second!! Looking forward to your posts as a married lady Smiley smile

• Missy
    Dedicated May 2019
    Missy ·
    • Flag
    Love this! Have a wonderful day and many blessings 💕🥳🥳🥳
  • Talia
    Super October 2020
    Talia ·
    • Flag

Awwww Congratulations!! Have fun and I hope today is all you dreamed of!!

• SummerBrideInAutumn
    VIP October 2019
    SummerBrideInAutumn ·
    • Flag
    Congrats! What an exciting day! It’s finally arrived. Please come back and post a BAM.
  • Joanne
    Dedicated April 2019
    Joanne ·
    • Flag

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND!!!! ITS GOING TO BE AMAZING!!!

• Amanda
    Master December 2020
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    Yay! How exciting, remember to eat, don't stress the little things and be happy ♡ Enjoy the day, it goes quick!
  • OnCloudRawls
    VIP June 2019
    OnCloudRawls ·
    • Flag
    How exciting!!!! Congratulations and what a Happy Friday it is!!!! We can’t wait to see the pictures!!
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

Ahhhhh CONGRATS!!! Have the best day ever, I'm so excited for you!! Smiley heart

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cb9e57f6f75416477

• Jazmine
    Dedicated May 2020
    Jazmine ·
    • Flag

Congratulations!! Smiley heart

• Mrs. C
    Super May 2019
    Mrs. C ·
    • Flag

YAY!!! CONGRATS!! Cant wait to see pictures!! Smiley smile

• Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    Congrats! Honestly your calm-ness about everything is calming. Thank you for sharing. I hope you have an incredible day and I can’t wait to see your pictures!
  • Tracee
    Savvy October 2019
    Tracee ·
    • Flag

Congratulations!!! I hope that you are having a beautiful day and I pray to have this level of calmness on my day.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics