Gen
Master June 2019

If you've been following my misadventures with our coordinator...

Gen, on May 22, 2019 at 10:48 AM Posted in Planning 0 14
Saved Save

Here's our latest update (and it finally is a good one!)

We met with the coordinator's boss on Monday, and I was so nervous about it... but she was SO nice, apologetic, and helpful! She went on to say that she has only been working here under a year, but that the entire way they do events is beyond disorganized and she's in the process of changing it. While that's an excuse for the tons of misunderstandings and mistakes, it's not an excuse for the fact that the coordinator has just been hostile, unwilling to be helpful, and just flat out rude throughout the process. The boss said she was so sorry that we had been treated like that and that she wanted to make sure the next two weeks would be smooth sailing for us! She had gone into our contract (that had TONS of mistakes that the coordinator had made) and made revisions so that it actually was clear, made sense, and no longer contradicted itself, and she was just so sweet and helpful and enthusiastic. She said that I never have to deal with the coordinator again--that if I have any questions or concerns in the next 2 weeks to please reach out to her directly, and that she would make sure the coordinator was NOT at our wedding or our rehearsal, and that she would send someone else instead. I'm just SO beyond relieved!

Moral of the story: don't take sh** from rude people, and don't be afraid to stand up for yourself and demand better treatment, especially when you're paying them tons of money to make YOUR day special!

AND, now I'm not nearly as stressed and I can just let myself be excited about this! How on earth are we only 11 DAYS away?!?

14 Comments

• OnCloudRawls
    VIP June 2019
    OnCloudRawls ·
    • Flag

Way to Go!!!! I'm glad that the boss is doing everything to reassure you! Your day is coming soon! Everything will work out!!!

• SummerBrideInAutumn
    VIP October 2019
    SummerBrideInAutumn ·
    • Flag

That's great news! I know she was really stressing you out and treating you awfully. It has to be a relief to have that resolved, and in a pleasant, adult-like manner, no less!

• Cristy
    Rockstar May 2020
    Cristy ·
    • Flag

Excellent news!! I'm so happy for you to have finally dealt with someone who knows what they are doing, and is sympathetic to the treatment you have received. What a relief!! Now you can spend the next 11 days being excited about your wedding, instead of stressed out!! Congratulations!

• Soon2Bmrsp
    VIP May 2019
    Soon2Bmrsp ·
    • Flag
    Awesome, we had to complain about our coordinator too,glad that you got it resolved
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

YAAAAAAS. I've low key been actually stressed about your awful coordinator. I'm so happy you talked to her boss. Yay!

• Futuremrs
    Devoted July 2019
    Futuremrs ·
    • Flag
    I'm so happy that this worked out for you! What she's been doing is simply awful. It's great that you can be excited now!
  • Gen
    Master June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hahaha, I appreciate the sympathy-stress! I'm so happy too, fingers crossed that things will go smoothly from now on!!

• S
    Expert October 2019
    Sara ·
    • Flag
    Yesss! I’m so glad things are finally looking up for you! I remember reading one of your posts before about how awful that first coordinated was.
  • Jessica
    VIP October 2019
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

Yay good for you! I've been following your saga and wondered how it all played out. So glad you stood up for yourself and talked to the boss!

• Katherine
    Expert July 2019
    Katherine ·
    • Flag

What a relief!

• Masonbride
    Dedicated June 2019
    Masonbride ·
    • Flag
    That’s good news!! I’ve checked a few times for an update so I’m glad to hear it’s improved!
  • Sarah
    Devoted June 2020
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    I'm so happy for you! That was a hard thing to do from the standpoint of a non-confrontational person. Now that coordinator drama is behind you, I hope the rest is smooth sailing.
  • A
    Master October 2019
    Angelena ·
    • Flag

Yay!! This is such a good outcome. Glad you stood your ground and went to the big boss. Now you don't have to be stressed!

• Jennifer
    Expert October 2019
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    That's awesome! Is my inner control freak showing? I'd want to do a meet and greet with the new person before the rehearsal, just so you can go over the absolute basics with them.

Comment on this discussion