VegasBride
Super September 2009

I officially hate David's Bridal

VegasBride, on August 29, 2009 at 7:46 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 45
Saved

Well yesterday at 6:00 PM was my appointment for my final fitting. I got there at 5:45 as I always arrive at appointments 15 minutes early. Well when I got there they informed me that they just called me and that my dress was not ready. Well I got a little upset but whatever. So they informed me that it would be ready this morning. I asked them several times that it would definitely be ready and they said yes. I wasn't happy as I had plans today but I went ahead and canceled them and got up to go to my new appointment. I drove across town and when I arrived they informed me that it STILL was not ready. Well now I am really starting to get upset. My parents informed me that I was acting like a child and that I needed to cool it. So I cooled it and left the store. Went to my parents house and waited around all day for them to call me. Come 3PM I still had not heard from them so my mom called and they informed me that the dress was done. So my mom asked them to double check. (Cont.)

45 Comments

Latest activity by Audrey, on February 16, 2019 at 5:57 PM
  • VegasBride
    Super September 2009
    VegasBride ·
    • Flag

So she went and checked and lo and behold it STILL wasn't done. They told me to come back tomorrow and it should be done. When we asked them why it wasn't done the response was that they didn't get to it and they will finish it when they have time. I am just getting really upset. I know I still have some time but what if I get the dress back and they damaged it. Well then I don't have time.

• Gershelda
    VIP October 2009
    Gershelda ·
    • Flag

WOW! That is so not right! I would tell them, no I do not have time, and you said it would be ready on ____ date and it wasn't. Now get it done. That's just not right...David's Bridal is so messed up.

• reviving_ophelia
    Savvy October 2009
    reviving_ophelia ·
    • Flag

I would be freaking.. You only have 3 weeks. I'm so over people in the service industry acting like that. Did you talk to a manager? However, from what I've heard about DB it wouldn't make a difference I bet.

When did they say the new date would be?

• VegasBride
    Super September 2009
    VegasBride ·
    • Flag

We did speak to a manager. They told me to come back tomorrow but they can't guarantee that it will be ready. So I am going to call them before I go any where since i live across town. As for asking for compensation we are planning on asking for a free tiara since the one I purchased for the wedding is starting to fall apart.

• jessica
    VIP May 2008
    jessica ·
    • Flag

That is just awful i mean they kept telling you it was ready now your tiara is falling apart. man when you go in next and they tell you that it still isn't ready ask to talk to the manager right away no if and or buts and that your sick of being told that your dress is ready when its not and since they keep messing up this is what you want for your fustration.

• naynay79
    Super January 2010
    naynay79 ·
    • Flag

I'm sorry that is horrible! Ask for you money back or a discount. You should be treated like that.

• Mrs. Katie Rinker
    Expert October 2009
    Mrs. Katie Rinker ·
    • Flag

You have to be harsh with the people who work at Davids Bridal.. fyi they dont care b/c they dont make commission on anything!! I dont understand why they are soo rude all the time!! I'm soo sorry about your frustrations & I would being freaking out & pissed off!! Well' I would go further than just a veil, i would also TELL them that I deserve a discount off the alterations, they told you a date & it wasn't ready as promised!! You don't deserve to be treated that way as a person/bride with less than 3 weeks until your day!! I hope you get your dress tomorrow!! Wishing you the best!!

• J
    Savvy February 2010
    Jun ·
    • Flag

It is WRONG that they treat that way, you should ask for discount and file compliants to the headoffice!!

• VegasBride
    Super September 2009
    VegasBride ·
    • Flag

Whats pissing me off the most about this whole thing is that every time I get upset my mom tells me to stop acting like a child because we have a ton of time until the wedding. Well so far I have cleaned out my schedule for the last 2 days and will do it for one more day. However I will not be driving across town again until they have double checked that the dress is ready. Gas is expensive and I am on unemployment.

• weliz
    Super October 2009
    weliz ·
    • Flag

They shouldn't ask you to come back but then throw in the caveat that the dress may not be ready. Ask them when CAN they guarantee it will be ready and then you'll come back.

• Crystal
    Expert March 2010
    Crystal ·
    • Flag

That makes me VERY nervous, the DB alterations chick told me that I didnt need to come in til after new years to get fitted. I told them I was planning on loosing 30 lbs before the wedding day they said no problem we can bring the dress in up to 3 sizes. I am considering going to someone else for the alterations though, DB is expensive.

• VegasBride
    Super September 2009
    VegasBride ·
    • Flag

DB is very expensive. Whats funny is to alleviate any issues I told them my wedding was Sept. 17 and not the 24th. I figured if they knew it was sooner rather than later they wouldn't cause any problems. Boy was I wrong.

• RLHoffman
    Dedicated October 2009
    RLHoffman ·
    • Flag

VegasBride you are in Vegas, right? Which one did you use? I go for my first fitting on the 12th at the Sahara store. The puchasing process was a great experience the woman who sold me my dress was patient and nice and met with me multiple times before I made my purchase. I'm a bit worried now that my seamstress experience will be less than pleasant.

• VegasBride
    Super September 2009
    VegasBride ·
    • Flag

I bought my dress at the Vegas store and then I had it altered at the Henderson store because my mother insisted. I wish I could have had it altered at the Vegas store because they are SOOOO nice there. I told my mom I really didn't want to go to the Henderson store because I have had nothing but bad experiences with them, but my mom didn't care. It had to be done at the Henderson store. I just want to say I told you so, so badly right now.

• Teems
    Super October 2009
    Teems ·
    • Flag

Sounds like you need a refund/credit. Hmph! I only told them my date was a day earlier. I need to go change it. Because I wouldn't even be in town to pick it up a day before if they waited till the last minute. But it seems like even your time frame wasn't enough...So sorry. I hope your dress is flawless.

• Alexis
    Super September 2009
    Alexis ·
    • Flag

I hate DB too! I bought my bra/sucky/thing there but when I tried it on I tried on a 36C, my normal size. I couldn't figure out why when I tried it on a month later...I WAS FAT and couldn't button the darn thing. So last week I finally was thinking omg, how did I get to be so fat when I realized that they gave me the wrong size!!! SO my mom was going to Chico (45 minutes away where the closest one is) and she asked to exchange it for the right size. She came home fuming mad and they said "This isn't our policy to do this" 5 different times. The thing had never been worn and tags were still on. I had also bought my first wedding dress there and bridesmaids deresses there too. HATE DB! No experience with the alterations there though - we used our "familY" seamstress....thank god, it sounds like.

• Mrs. Libragurl
    Master October 2010
    Mrs. Libragurl ·
    • Flag

As I have offered to my fellow brides in the past....do you want me to call them?

• Linda
    Devoted June 2010
    Linda ·
    • Flag

Ooh vegasbride, im really sorry you had to put up with that crap...im sorry for all the DB brides that have to put up with it! Im one of them! My first fitting is on Sept. 10th...they better not pull that sh** with me!

• C
    Master October 2009
    CelticChick831 ·
    • Flag

There is just so much that they all do wrong. every once in a while you get a nice sales person but there is no customer satisfaction code with DB. They dont care if the bride isnt happy, because they will always have another that will come in. It sucks but they can get away with it. I think we should create a letter signed by all the brides here and send it too the corporate offices telling them of all the bad advertising being spread because of the poor service and lack of service code they have. I doubt it will work but at least maybe our voices will be heard.

• Mrs. Bishop
    Super December 2009
    Mrs. Bishop ·
    • Flag

Exactly why i didnt get anything at davids bridal. they are rude, dont give a shit and are bad business. im sorry this happened to you. i hope it come sout good

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics