Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Casey
Savvy July 2011

I need ideas on how to commemorate my sister at my wedding...

Casey, on October 28, 2010 at 11:09 AM Posted in Planning 0 9

Hello everyone! Im getting married in July of 2010... My sister passed away when we were young, and I really would like to do something at my wedding to commemorate her or to show that she's there sort of? I was thinking about maybe having a picture of her up next to the line of bridesmaids... not sure how that would look or if it would be too much... anyways i need ideas please this is very important to me that she be remembered on my day!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Cindy, on October 28, 2010 at 1:03 PM
  • Katie
    Expert November 2011
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Maybe light a candle in her memory or if you are giving flowers to your parents give an extra special one to your parents in her memory.

• Shannon S.
    Master March 2011
    Shannon S. ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

I'm sorry for your loss. Perhaps you could have an empty seat in the front pew for her. During the ceremony, lay some flowers in her favorite color on her seat.

• Victoria C. Hernandez
    Master July 2011
    Victoria C. Hernandez ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

They do have rememberance frames and candles for weddings... they are usually used to remember parents but I don't see why you couldn't use it for your sister.. this is a link to the frame... I will see if I can find the candle http://www.weddingaccents.com/accessories/wed-905x-weddingmemorial-frame-keepsake.htm

• Victoria C. Hernandez
    Master July 2011
    Victoria C. Hernandez ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Here is a link that shows lots of ways to honor someone at a wedding ... hope it helps

http://www.yourweddingplace.com/wedding-planning/wedding memoriam service ideas.htm

• Tiffany
    Devoted June 2011
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

An idea from a friend's wedding: The bride and her mom got a ceramic flower vase and painted it in her sister's favorite colors, then added some of the sayings her sister used to say and a few that were about loving sisters in general.

• Maria
    Beginner October 2011
    Maria ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry for your loss! They have charms that you can put pictures in that you can put on your bouquet... that's what i'm doing for my grandparents that passed.

• Victoria C. Hernandez
    Master July 2011
    Victoria C. Hernandez ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Http://myweddingreceptionideas.com/engraved_memorial_candle_holder.asp this is one of the candle holders .... I love the idea from Maria... that would be sweet Maria where are you getting yours?

• Jenni
    Dedicated July 2010
    Jenni ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

My husbands best friend passed the day before our wedding, this is what we did. Im so sorry about the loss of your sister, i cannot even imagine.

• Cindy
    Devoted July 2011
    Cindy ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Jenni- I saw the pics from your wedding and thought that the chair was absolutely amazing. I can't imagine how difficult that must've been to go through at the same time as your wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics