Kelly
Legend October 2022

How much time are you taking off work for your wedding and honeymoon?

Kelly, on March 3, 2019 at 7:05 PM Posted in Planning 0 64
Saved Save

How much time do you plan to take off work, if any, for your wedding and honeymoon? Just a few days before and after? A couple of weeks? How much time off are you taking?

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c794f217155364945

For more on date details, check out: Honeymoon: Now or Later? and How did you choose your wedding date?

64 Comments

• Porterpoppin
    VIP March 2019
    Porterpoppin ·
    • Flag
    I’m taking off 2 days before the wedding, a week for the honeymoon and then 2 days at home before returning to work so we can relax and spend time with our kiddos
  • Keiwana
    Devoted June 2019
    Keiwana ·
    • Flag
    I’m actually off two days before my wedding & we’ll be honeymooning for 10 days.
  • MissSoonToBe
    Expert May 2020
    MissSoonToBe ·
    • Flag
    Two weeks ...... June 1 - June 14 and I can’t wait!
  • L
    Beginner May 2019
    Lauren ·
    • Flag
    2.5 weeks! Will be sooo relaxing!
  • Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra Online ·
    • Flag
    3.5 days before and a week after! 2 of those days are travel days though. We have a 14 hour drive one way to NJ and then back home!
  • Kristen
    VIP April 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

My wedding and honeymoon are a couple months apart, so...

For my Sunday wedding I will be off of work on Friday & Monday, and maybe Thursday as well. It will be my first year teaching so I am trying not to ask too much off, especially as we will be nearing the standardized testing period. FH is also in accounting so he will probably only take off the Monday, since it is pretty close after tax day and he'll still be pretty busy.

We will be honeymooning sometime after the school year has ended, probably in early June so we can also have the trip be for my birthday. I won't have to take off, and FH will take a Monday-Friday off.

• Gloria
    Super March 2019
    Gloria ·
    • Flag
    We are taking 3days off before our wedding .then we’re taking a week for our honeymoon and two days extra before we go back to work
  • Nora
    Expert July 2019
    Nora ·
    • Flag
    1 week for my wedding and then 1 week for the honeymoon! But those two events are months apart haha
  • Mrs. J Robinson
    Super March 2019
    Mrs. J Robinson ·
    • Flag
    We’re taking 9 days off for the wedding and honeymoon 🙌🏽
  • Gen
    Master June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    Taking 9 work days off but it’ll be almost 2 weeks. Wedding is on Sunday June 2 and we leave for our honeymoon Tuesday June 4. I’m taking off the Friday before the wedding, then the Monday after the wedding to recover, then our honeymoon is Tuesday through the following Tuesday, then 1 day to recover and I’ll be going back to work on Thursday
  • Amanda
    Master December 2020
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    Thinking 2 weeks! Week of honeymoon and a week before
  • Katie
    VIP November 2019
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    I’m taking off the Wednesday and Thursday before. We are getting married on Friday
  • Samantha
    Expert October 2019
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    I'm taking off Friday and Monday, possibly Tuesday as well. Our wedding is on a Sunday, and we will be going away in our honeymoon the next month.
  • Grace
    Super May 2019
    Grace ·
    • Flag

I am a teacher, and we are getting married a week after school is out, so I don't actually have to take any time off Smiley laugh! He is just starting a new job, so he will begin 5 days after we get back from our honeymoon, so neither of us have to spend any vacation days Smiley smile!

• T
    Beginner March 2019
    Tanieka ·
    • Flag
    Two weeks. We are getting married in Jamaica ( where I was born) and will also honeymoon there.
  • Futuremrsk
    VIP August 2019
    Futuremrsk ·
    • Flag
    Since I'm a teacher, I will be off for our wedding. FH works for himself so he is just not working for the week or so before the wedding. We are planning on going back home about 10 days before the wedding, and will take about 3 to 4 days after for a short honeymoon.
  • Becca
    Super August 2019
    Becca ·
    • Flag
    We are only taking Monday through Wednesday off for our wedding because we have a big trip a few months before that ate up all our vacation time. We will take our actual honeymoon a few months later when we have vacation time again.
  • Quinta Nikkole
    Dedicated May 2019
    Quinta Nikkole ·
    • Flag
    From May 13th to June 10th.
  • Rachel
    Super May 2019
    Rachel ·
    • Flag

I'm taking a total of 2 weeks off. Our wedding day is on a Monday (gasp! THE HORROR!). So I have 2 days off before my wedding to do any last minute prepping.

Monday is our wedding day, we have Tuesday to spend with friends/family who flew in for our wedding. We leave first thing in the morning on Wednesday for our honeymoon and return the following Thursday. And then I have Friday-Sunday off before I return back to the real world. Womp womp...

16 days total.

• Colleen
    Master September 2019
    Colleen ·
    • Flag
    I took fri day before wedding then 3 days after wedding for mini moon.

Comment on this discussion