Skip to main content
O
Dedicated October 2018

How much should wedding bands cost?

Oct62018bride, on August 3, 2017 at 8:14 PM Posted in Planning 0 39
Saved

I'm wondering what a good budget is for wedding rings. We are a tight budget couple but we're thinking about saving about $500 for each ring? We're not sure if that's too much or too little.

39 Comments

Latest activity by Hannah, on August 4, 2017 at 9:38 AM
  • Hans and Lindsay
    Dedicated October 2017
    Hans and Lindsay ·
    • Flag

Just depends on your taste and if you want to upgrade later, Ive seen rings online for 30 bucks (basic bands); next level I was finding 3-600, so 500 for each ring could def get you both something nice

• RealLindseyO
    Master October 2017
    RealLindseyO ·
    • Flag

Whatever you can spend. This answer will be wildly different depending on who you ask.

FH's ring was $20. My bands were originally like $1200 but we got them on sale/had vouchers.

• slimshady
    Super October 2017
    slimshady ·
    • Flag

FH wedding band cost me over 400 w/ "warranty" or whatever they call it at Jared (if anything happens within 3 years they will replace for free) I am sure if we had shopped around more we could've found something for less but he really liked the one he picked out.

• Rachel DellaPorte
    Rachel DellaPorte ·
    • Flag

Wedding rings cost whatever the couple can afford. Thin, sterling silver bands are fine. Titanium bands are fine. You get the picture. If you have $500 for each ring, you have enough for gold rings (stick with 10K, and you'll get more ring than 14K) -- how elaborate depends on your retailer or the sale you hit.

• EM
    Master April 2017
    EM ·
    • Flag

Depends on how much money you have to spend on them ?

• Dextor3000
    Devoted October 2017
    Dextor3000 ·
    • Flag

It really just depends what you want. I need a platinum ring, because I have a nickel allergy and didn't want to risk it with gold/white gold. I've seen simple platinum bands with no diamonds or anything online for about $200-$300. And platinum is typically more expensive than other metals.

• E
    Devoted October 2017
    Esperanza ·
    • Flag

His was 360 mine 3400. Its an infinity band with diamonds custom made

• Bee
    Master April 2017
    Bee ·
    • Flag

Mine was $50 (etsy) and his was $20. The bands are simple and weren't a priority for us since we don't really wear them. We spent that money on things that mattered to us like the catering and our savings for a house.

• Bee
    Master April 2017
    Bee ·
    • Flag

@dextor I have the same allergy and ended up with a palladium band. No reactions and it matches my platinum ering perfectly.

• Z_Runner
    VIP June 2017
    Z_Runner ·
    • Flag

Mine was 280 (silver and gold- to upgrade later) and my husband was 45... plus he also got the qalo band for 20 (extra)

• stephanie
    Super October 2017
    stephanie ·
    • Flag

My wedding band was just over 1000, but I didn't want an engagement ring - so I only have one band. Haven't bought FH's ring but he wants something simple so from what I've seen online I doubt we will spend more than $200 (and maybe not more than $20).

• Kim
    Super August 2017
    Kim ·
    • Flag

Mine is a 14k white gold with 5 princess cut diamonds for $699 (reg $899) and FH was $81 (reg 99) stainless steel comfort fit band. So $500 for each should give you a lot of flexibility in what you get.

• Amanda
    Expert September 2017
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

His is a custom titanium band with a koa wood inlay for $320.

Mine is white gold with diamonds that was $325 marked down from $700. My e-ring was about $500, no diamonds, just yellow sapphire. We got what we want because we will be wearing them all the time, and luckily our tastes and our budgets matched.

• ambrok
    Master October 2017
    ambrok ·
    • Flag

I've seen budgeting spreadsheets that say about 2% of the entire budget. We have a smaller budget & probably spent close to 5%. Spend what you can afford on a ring that you'd each like...it's one of those things that you keep forever.

• Monica
    Expert July 2017
    Monica ·
    • Flag

Ours cost 25$ for both of them on Amazon. Lol. We really are not jewelry people, so some simple bands it was.

• Shelby
    Devoted September 2017
    Shelby ·
    • Flag

I wanted a plain tungsten band I could wear to work, I got mine off Amazon for $18!

• dawnkevin4us
    Devoted April 2018
    dawnkevin4us ·
    • Flag

Umm my wedding set was 16,000.00 lol ( my man is a little crazy!!) The one I plan on getting him is around 1300.00 I think however it is what you can afford and what the style that you gravitate towards.

• Kristin
    Savvy October 2017
    Kristin ·
    • Flag

Mine was $600 and FH's was $150

• Erin Wood
    Master July 2017
    Erin Wood ·
    • Flag

My white gold diamond band was from Etsy and cost $350. Matches my engagement ring perfectly!! If I had purchased the matching band it would have cost $2,000. So glad I found this shop on Etsy. H got a cobalt band for $100.

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    • Flag

Overstock.com is a good place to look. I found the exact same $250 wedding band from the jewelry store listed on overstock.com for only $30.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics