Shannon
Expert April 2016

How Much Did You Pay for Your Wedding Cake?

Shannon, on November 13, 2015 at 2:49 PM

Posted in Planning 50

Hi Ladies and happy Friday! I'm curious to know how much everyone has paid/budgeted for their wedding cake? As I've mentioned on here before, I have a slight cake obsession (literally, it was one of my first words) so I do want a beautiful wedding cake. However, I've gotten the quote back & she is...

Hi Ladies and happy Friday!

I'm curious to know how much everyone has paid/budgeted for their wedding cake? As I've mentioned on here before, I have a slight cake obsession (literally, it was one of my first words) so I do want a beautiful wedding cake. However, I've gotten the quote back & she is asking for $700.00 (4 tiers). This includes delivery, but is this normal? Things are adding up & I'd love to hear some feedback before I sign her quote! ? Smiley smile

50 Comments

• Monica SC
    Master October 2015
    Monica SC ·
    • Flag

3 Tiers-all different flavor, set up delivery, etc included. Mine was $256.52

Enough to feed 75 people. We only invited 50 and there were only crumbs left at the end of the night. It was really good cake! Smiley laugh

• JoBu
    Master September 2015
    JoBu ·
    • Flag

Ours was about $500 including delivery, and that was enough to feed ~125 people, plus 6 dozen sugar cookies (they were "groom's cookies" for H)

• Deepsoul
    Devoted April 2016
    Deepsoul ·
    • Flag

450. But I'm using a dessert bar and one tier cake

• CMH to CML
    Super January 2016
    CMH to CML ·
    • Flag

Ours is $250 for bundtini's and a 8in bundt cake on top including delivery Smiley smile Was cheaper than making my own cupcakes....

• MoSunshine
    Expert March 2016
    MoSunshine ·
    • Flag

@jobu that is a beautiful cake!

• OG FMP
    Master August 2015
    OG FMP ·
    • Flag

$525 or $535 delivery included. The cake fed 165 people. We had the dummy cake for display and we kept the flavors pretty basic to avoid extra charges. It was so yummy!!

• Shannon
    Expert April 2016
    Shannon ·
    • Flag

@OriginalKD I love those linens! You happen to have great taste Smiley winking

@MissEtoMrsB I just saw the original FOTB from 1950 last fall. Loved it!! And it's so true.

• Shannon
    Expert April 2016
    Shannon ·
    • Flag

@FMP WOW!! Please elaborate..... what is this you mean.. "dummy cake"? You mean that gorgeous tall yummy looking cake isn't real??

• LizzyC
    Master April 2016
    LizzyC ·
    • Flag

Mine was $516 (random) for three tiers and 100 people, different flavors each tier and a fairly basic design and decoration. Includes delivery and a free anniversary cake.

• HereComeTheYorks
    Master April 2016
    HereComeTheYorks ·
    • Flag

Our cake is included in our venue but we added some upgrades like fresh fruit filling and a fancy design for about $150 for 100 people and 3 tiers with delivery.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics