Annajoy
Expert August 2020

How much did you pay for hair and makeup?

Annajoy, on January 22, 2020 at 7:42 AM Posted in Hair and Makeup 0 13
Saved

I got a quote from a hair and makeup artist today, but I've never gotten either done before so I don't know if this is too expensive or not (I'm in MD)

$500 wedding day service minimum that doesn't include travel or gratuity

-Hair trial: $85

-Makeup trial: $90

-Bride Hair: $125

-Bride Makeup: $135

-Bridesmaids/MOB/MOG: Hair $85, Makeup $90

-Travel is $0.50 per mile

This sounds expensive to me, but others have said it's a good price so I have no idea. There's no way I'm doing my own hair and makeup because I do not have that skill set.

Thoughts?

13 Comments

Latest activity by Grace, on February 5, 2020 at 4:46 PM
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    This pricing is very average
  • Maggie
    Super April 2020
    Maggie ·
    • Flag
    Unfortunately that is the regular prices for HMU How much did you pay for hair and makeup? 1
    This is the absolute cheapest I was able to find for me (I’m in the Hudson valley NY)
  • V
    Champion July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    That is pretty average pricing for hair and makeup for a wedding. I live in Maryland, but got married in Pennsylvania as it was cheaper and closer to family.
  • Amber
    Master February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag

I agree with PP's, that pricing is pretty standard.

• Megan
    Super October 2020
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    That’s pretty standard pricing, unfortunately. I’d keep looking (check out IG and Thumbtack) just to get other quotes but I was getting around the same numbers. I’m in Philly, getting married in a rural area outside of Philly.
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    That looks about right to me but I would shop around.
  • Nikki
    Devoted April 2021
    Nikki ·
    • Flag
    The actual hair and makeup price is very average. My hair and trial makeup were combined though ($85) and they didn’t charge me a mileage fee
  • W-K
    Super October 2019
    W-K ·
    • Flag

That's pretty standard pricing yeah. If you want to do things a little cheaper offer to go somewhere for your hair and makeup instead. I went to Great Clips for my hair and my daughter's hair. Spent $55 total without a trial run and got exactly what I wanted.

• Tori
    Devoted October 2021
    Tori ·
    • Flag

Ehh, seems a little high for me and I'm comparing that to prices of salons in the city near me. Though, I'm also in the Midwest and our pricing is always a little cheaper than the East coast. I would keep shopping around.

• Kendra
    Devoted August 2020
    Kendra ·
    • Flag

I'm getting married near Geneseo, NY but those prices seem so high. Especially for makeup to be more than hair. But then again, I'll be in a small town. I'd have to reconsider since that's half the price of my dress. O.o

• Alma
    Devoted June 2021
    Alma ·
    • Flag

For makeup I have $125 for trial, $150 for day of and Bridesmaid/family $100 each.

For hair its pending but somewhere in the same range.

This in San Diego, CA.

• E
    Dedicated May 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag
    I'm getting married near Orlando, FL and got 5 quotes from different vendors to compare prices. My total with tax and travel included is $833.
    -airbrush makeup/hair for me: $200
    -airbrush makeup/hair for bridal party/family: $155 x 3-hair only for my mom: $80This includes lashes for everyone. I found that lots of makeup artists charge extra for airbrush and lashes so I'm happy with this.
  • Grace
    Savvy November 2019
    Grace ·
    • Flag

I'm in DC/VA and that sounds about right. I didn't do a trial because it's too expensive. I trusted her skills based on her online portfolio and reviews. I paid $250 for both my hair and make-up. She didn't charge me for her travel and did not ask for a down payment either. My bridesmaids got their hair and make-up done elsewhere.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics