Alexa
Beginner November 2020

How many dresses did you try on until you found the one?

Alexa, on November 12, 2019 at 7:33 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 19
Saved Save
I am curious! I want to know how many dresses you all tried on until you found the one. Did you go to one place? Five? Did you leave and come back? I went to two places, finding the dress at the second place (I had a gut feeling I’d find it at the bridal store I went to) I believe I tried on a total of maybe 10 dresses

19 Comments

• A
    Devoted February 2020
    Andrea ·
    • Flag

My mom, sister and MIL came to town for a weekend for wedding dress shopping. I booked 2 different places, BHLDN and DB. I looked at a total of 10 dresses, and the one I went with was the 9th one I tried on. I knew it was the one when everyone started to cry.

• Ashley
    Expert November 2020
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

I personally tired on about 10 dresses before I found my perfect dress! I had a morning appointment and then went to another place (last on my list) and then came back that same evening to buy my dress!

• M
    Devoted September 2019
    McKenzie ·
    • Flag

I ordered my dress online without trying it or any other dresses on. I was a little nervous but it was perfect!

• Marné
    Savvy February 2020
    Marné ·
    • Flag
    My first appointment was at David's Bridal and i got the very first dress I tried on. It fit perfectly and no alterations were needed.
  • Erika
    Devoted April 2021
    Erika ·
    • Flag
    Prior to heading to David's Bridal I started browing only and saved those that I liked.
    Then at my appt I tried on 3...saved my favorite as the last dress I tried on. And it was the one.
  • Alyssa
    Expert June 2020
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    2 stores and probably 20 dresses total.
  • Anna
    Rockstar June 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    I went to one Bridal appointment. I went alone, when I picked out my dress.

I tried on three dresses...
    I fell in love with the second dress I tried on... nothing else could compare after that one, but I tried the third one on since it had already been pulled.

I quickly put the second one back onSmiley smile I was done❤
  • K
    Beginner June 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

I went to two stores. I was undecided between two dresses at the first store. Went to a second store and found a third dress. Wanted to compare it to one of the others at the first store. When I went back to the first store, that third dress was in the window, and that was the one I picked! I tried on about 15 dress total.

• V
    Dedicated August 2020
    Valerie ·
    • Flag
    Close to 50... no joke. Went to 9 different places
  • Nicole
    Dedicated August 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    I tried on 20 dresses total and went to 3 bridal salons. The first 2 salons, I found one dress that I fell in love with at each one. I knew for sure at the time one of those dresses would be my wedding dress, but I was so indecisive. Then I went to a third bridal salon and fell in love with a dress there that I just said yes to the dress on the spot. I thought I felt that feeling you get when you find the one at the first 2 salons, but at the third one it was a different feeling- like I just knew that was my dress. And it worked out in the end and I even ended up saving a lot of money and stayed under my budget.
  • A
    Devoted May 2020
    Alex ·
    • Flag

My dress ended up being my favorite from the first store I went to, but I went to 5 other stores before I actually decided on the dress. I went back an tried on my dress 3 different times as well before I bought it. I probably tried on 50 dresses overall.

• L
    Lady ·
    • Flag

I probably tried on ~25. But I love trying on and need to have tons of options. This was over about a month time frame at 5 different stores.

• Taylor
    Rockstar October 2020
    Taylor ·
    • Flag

I had a secret appointment at a salon in the city I live. I tried on 10ish there. Then I went with the women in my family and his family. We met in a central location and had four appointments. I ended up finding my dress at the second one after trying on 20-30 dresses. I probably tried on 40 total.

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    All in total I probably tried on six gowns
  • M
    Expert September 2020
    Marcia ·
    • Flag
    I tried on 3 dresses for my local ceremony and I ordered my Vegas wedding dress online.
  • Cher Horowitz
    Rockstar December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag

I tried on about 3-4 dresses before managing to find the one at my first appointment. It's totally fine to take your time and think a while before making this important decision!

• Rose
    Dedicated February 2020
    Rose ·
    • Flag

Maybe around 7 then I left with one and came back a week later to exchange it with a totally diff one.

• Katie
    Dedicated December 2020
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    I went to about five places and tried on 5-7 at each place
  • G
    Beginner March 2020
    Giulia ·
    • Flag
    I got mine custom made online for $700 and received It in about 2 months.
    Getting married in March 2020, sono was Little bit anxious ordering online. But trust me the dress Is Simply gorgeous, It was love at First sight! Lol

Comment on this discussion