Tracy
Savvy June 2019

How many are doing their own flowers?

Tracy, on April 30, 2019 at 5:09 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 42
Saved
I’m planning going to Hobby Lobby tomorrow. I have in mind what I want but I’m wondering if when I get their I’ll change my mind.

I guess YouTube is going to be my friend.

42 Comments

Latest activity by Shireen, on September 5, 2019 at 6:52 PM
  • Trista
    VIP September 2019
    Trista ·
    • Flag
    Good luck! I did all of my own flowers and it's worked out great so far!
  • Tracy
    Savvy June 2019
    Tracy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I only have mine, MOH, & bridesmaid (1). No boutonnières for the guys.
  • Trista
    VIP September 2019
    Trista ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Then you can totally do it! I did 6 bouquets, 9 boutonnieres, and will be doing 10 centerpieces!
  • S
    Devoted May 2019
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    Definitely check for sales! They had all floral and greenery stems on sale last week for 50%. This week they have garlands on sale for 50% off. It switches back and forth. What's on sale this week won't be next week, etc. BUT their wedding supplies are 50% right now. My Michaels had all their spring florals for 50% off today. I only know all this because I did my own centerpieces and needed extra flowers Smiley smile
  • Abby
    VIP March 2019
    Abby ·
    • Flag
    You can totally do it! I did all of our bouquets and boutonnieres using Hobby Lobby flowers and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and I thought they turned out great!
  • Futuremrsk
    VIP August 2019
    Futuremrsk ·
    • Flag
    Totally do it!! Just go and play around until you find something you like. Look at pinterest! I did sola wood flowers for the bouquets and they came out great!

How many are doing their own flowers? 1
  • Emily Plush
    Dedicated May 2019
    Emily Plush ·
    • Flag
    All my flowers are from Hobby Lobby and Michaels! My bouquet isn’t quite done yet but couldn’t find it alone!

How many are doing their own flowers? 2

How many are doing their own flowers? 3

How many are doing their own flowers? 4
  • Jameelah
    Dedicated July 2021
    Jameelah ·
    • Flag
    Hi there! I was going to do all of my own flowers until I realized what a hassle it would be to make centerpieces for the reception a day before the wedding since I decided to use real flowers. Plus my wedding is out of town and getting the supplies there would also be a hassle. I did decide to make my own boutonnières and will probably do the corsages myself as well. I definitely used YouTube and Pinterest for inspiration and to see where to even start.

How many are doing their own flowers? 5
  • K
    Expert September 2019
    K.glass ·
    • Flag
    We got our flowers from hobby lobby. I have made 3 bouquets, 5 boutonnieres, and still have enough to do centerpieces and have to make a cpl corsages.
  • Tracy
    Savvy June 2019
    Tracy ·
    • Flag
    Thanks for the encouragement. My colors are purple (not lilac) and bright yellow. I want to do purple tulips, yellow jonquils, 1 red rose, with filler & put bling on mine.

what do you think?
  • Summer987
    Super May 2018
    Summer987 ·
    • Flag
    Michael's have small bouquets that are already assembled. They are normally on sale during the spring. I purchased mine for roughly $6 each. I did add a few florals but I just used floral tape to add to the bouquets and covered with ribbons and lace. I've included a before and after picture.

How many are doing their own flowers? 6

How many are doing their own flowers? 7
  • S
    Expert October 2019
    Sara ·
    • Flag
    This is exactly what we did! The flowers go on sale there basically every other week so it might pay off to go tomorrow to get ideas and go back when they’re on sale again! My FH and I had so much fun picking everything out! We have a rather large wedding party and got everything we needed for the girls for what I think was a very reasonable price! Still working on boutonnières though, I wasn’t sure if I liked how the fake floral ones looked so I’ll probably shop around a little more. Have fun!
  • Meagan
    Expert May 2019
    Meagan ·
    • Flag
    Just did my bouquet last weekend. I did the floral hoops for my girls a while ago and tried to do one for myself....I loved there's and hated mine. So I re did mine with new flowers and just did a traditional bouquet. My advice is take your time picking out flowers and putting it together. You will do a great job!

How many are doing their own flowers? 8

How many are doing their own flowers? 9
  • Tracy
    Savvy June 2019
    Tracy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s beautiful 👰😊
  • Amanda
    Master December 2020
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    I plan to do my own! Goodluck!
  • Amy
    Savvy July 2021
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    I did my own flowers, bridesmaid's bouquets, corsages (for the moms), and my bouquet as well (2nd picture). I used Hobby Lobby (only on floral sale weeks), Michael's, and AC Moore for my center piece flowers and I bought foam roses on amazon for the bouquets. I hot glued my flowers to a foam ball because i am not using vases. I'll be adding them to candle holders later. Good luck and have fun! Hobby Lobby has so many options.

How many are doing their own flowers? 10

How many are doing their own flowers? 11

How many are doing their own flowers? 12
  • Tracy
    Savvy June 2019
    Tracy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Those are gorgeous.i would pay for you to do mine..lol
  • Chelsea
    Savvy May 2020
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag
    I did all my own bouquets! I got enough to do my bouquet, 5 bridesmaids bouquets, and bouts and courage’s. All for $90! It was during a 50% off sale 🙂
  • Nafisah
    Super May 2019
    Nafisah ·
    • Flag
    Completely doable! I did 13 centerpieces, 20 alter chair flowers, 6 bouquets, head table, memorial table, guestbook table. The only things I bought were the boutonnieres, arch flowers and corsages. Felt like it was never going to end, but totally worth it!
  • Amy
    Savvy July 2021
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks! I plan to start doing them for others after my wedding in 3 weeks yikes (that's basically tomorrow lol).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics