We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Lizbeth
Devoted May 2020

How do you stop planning?!

Lizbeth, on May 17, 2019 at 11:44 AM Posted in Planning 0 27
Saved Save

Help... i cant stop thinking about the wedding and i need to chill a little bit!

It's always in my mind and i cant stop planning!

27 Comments

• FutureMrsKC
    Master January 2019
    FutureMrsKC ·
    • Flag

I pretty much couldn't stop planning until the wedding was actually over, lol. I definitely took breaks a few days here and there, but overall I was constantly thinking about the wedding, especially as it got closer and closer!

• Lizbeth
    Devoted May 2020
    Lizbeth ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

OMG i need a break i swear i even dream of the wedding day! I want a breather! But im too excited, nervous and anxious !

• Mandi
    Master October 2020
    Mandi ·
    • Flag
    Drinking til I blackout.
    Ok, not really. But there are days I'd like to.
  • Lizbeth
    Devoted May 2020
    Lizbeth ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh goodness i have thought of this too... we need a serious AA meeting lol

• Amanda
    Master December 2020
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    If you can busy yourself with other life things and try to not think about it or have a relaxing at home spa day or movie marathon then that will give you a good break! I don't think it'll actually go away till it's done with! I am constantly feeling like its way sooner and like i'm behind but thats the planner in me so I always have to take breaks!
  • Lizbeth
    Devoted May 2020
    Lizbeth ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thanks i try to do that but any little trigger in a movie or series and im back on planning mode ugh...

• Futuremrs
    Devoted July 2019
    Futuremrs ·
    • Flag
    If I'm completely honest, day drinking wine helps on occasion. Lol! I know I'm supposed to be enjoying this experience, but I'm not. I can't wait till planning is over. It's ALWAYS in my head and my FH and mom are tired of hearing about it. Every time I seem stressed, my FH says we'll cancel it (the wedding, not marriage) and my mom just stops listening and reads the news. So it stays in my head.
  • Cassy
    Devoted September 2020
    Cassy ·
    • Flag
    I’m right there with you haha whenever I’m not at work or school all I’m doing is looking at wedding related things and different vendors and whatnot. I cannot ever stop thinking about it, I can’t sleep even anymore because my mind doesn’t stop! Lol
  • Amanda
    Master December 2020
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It's hard to not think about it but just busy yourself with thinking of other things going on in your life. Make a chore list, errand list, grocery shop, etc.
  • Lizbeth
    Devoted May 2020
    Lizbeth ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Ugh! I know right?~ I hate having to talk about it all the time but i literally cant help myself and i feel like i need to vent it and its infuriating !!!!!!

• Lizbeth
    Devoted May 2020
    Lizbeth ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I know right! And even at work on my breaks im straight up wedding planning!

• Lizbeth
    Devoted May 2020
    Lizbeth ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I have! And im mostly done, everything i can do i can do it later this year but for the love of me i cant stop! T.T

• Keyona
    Devoted March 2020
    Keyona ·
    • Flag

I fully understand where you are coming from. Just try to take a few days here and there or do something special about you only. But I think its hard to stop planning but we have to take time or it will drive you nuts lol.

Good Luck!

• Haley
    Expert October 2020
    Haley ·
    • Flag

I'm having this same problem. I also feel like I was so sure of some of my decisions (like linen rentals) and then all of sudden I'm thinking WHY did I do THOSE colors? I need to take some of yalls advice and go home and drink a glass of wine tonight.....haha

• Lizbeth
    Devoted May 2020
    Lizbeth ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Lol im just happy im not alone on this!

• Lizbeth
    Devoted May 2020
    Lizbeth ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Ditto!

I actually changed my color scheme once because i was so frustrated over centerpieces and then i didnt want any flowers but now i want flowers ugh!!!!!!

• Haley
    Expert October 2020
    Haley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

YEP. I just called my linen rental place and switched from navy napkins to ivory napkins. Never thought i'd be having a mental issue about some napkins hahahaha

• Lizbeth
    Devoted May 2020
    Lizbeth ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

This is why i love ww so much! Because we cant vent and talk about all the crap no one cares about lol

• Tonia
    Expert October 2019
    Tonia ·
    • Flag

I understand as well. But don't burn yourself out. Make sure you are doing things outside of planning because when it's over, you might go into withdrawal! In the beginning I was planning everyday, thinking about something everyday. After about 3 months, I started stepping back and set designated days to plan. It has made my life simpler as I don't feel consumed with wedding stuff.

• Haley
    Expert October 2020
    Haley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yes I totally agree haha

Comment on this discussion

Related articles