We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Jessica
Just Said Yes November 2020

How Did You Make Your Elopement Day Special?

Jessica, on August 9, 2020 at 6:01 PM Posted in Planning 0 5
Saved Save
Due to family drama (divorced parents, affair, mistresses, etc. ) we would not be able to have a real wedding so we will be eloping our in the woods by ourselves. What did you do to make your day stay special?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Breann, on August 10, 2020 at 11:49 AM
  • Alisa
    Devoted August 2020
    Alisa ·
    • Flag

Wear something you love, have a bouquet, hire a photographer, plan a special meal for afterwards. elopements by nature are smaller but that doesn't mean you cant still have some of the trappings of a big wedding. we eloped but went all out to have it feel like a wedding.

• Kristen
    Rockstar November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

Hmmmm I would suggest plan for a restaurant you can go to afterwards and maybe a fun activity you both could do as well. I would still hire a photographer to capture the moment. I saw one couple on insta (granted they had a friend as an officiant and two friends with them) did a picnic where they eloped on a cliff.

• Nicole
    Super August 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

Having a bouquet/boutonniere and a photographer helped make our day feel official. We took a ton of cute photos. After our mini ceremony, we ate at one of our favorite restaurants (not fancy), and after that, we got in our pjs and popped a bottle of champagne and just danced in our airbnb. We were just talking about this and we were saying how we wished we got cupcakes or a mini cake as well.

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    We briefly talked about eloping and we still would have had a photographer, wedding attire, then gone to a nice meal in our wedding attire.
  • Breann
    Devoted June 2020
    Breann ·
    • Flag

Professional photography! You can make your celebration whatever you want it to be, esp. if it's just the two of you. You definitely don't need a bunch of guests to make your marriage feel authentic and special. I wanted an elopement with some of the traditional wedding stuff, (see below):

https://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/elopement-so-worth-it/627d7988aff73599.html

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles