Jessica
Just Said Yes November 2020

How Did You Make Your Elopement Day Special?

Jessica, on August 9, 2020 at 6:01 PM Posted in Planning 0 5
Saved Save
Due to family drama (divorced parents, affair, mistresses, etc. ) we would not be able to have a real wedding so we will be eloping our in the woods by ourselves. What did you do to make your day stay special?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Breann, on August 10, 2020 at 11:49 AM
  • Alisa
    Devoted August 2020
    Alisa ·
    • Flag

Wear something you love, have a bouquet, hire a photographer, plan a special meal for afterwards. elopements by nature are smaller but that doesn't mean you cant still have some of the trappings of a big wedding. we eloped but went all out to have it feel like a wedding.

• Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

Hmmmm I would suggest plan for a restaurant you can go to afterwards and maybe a fun activity you both could do as well. I would still hire a photographer to capture the moment. I saw one couple on insta (granted they had a friend as an officiant and two friends with them) did a picnic where they eloped on a cliff.

• Nicole
    Super August 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

Having a bouquet/boutonniere and a photographer helped make our day feel official. We took a ton of cute photos. After our mini ceremony, we ate at one of our favorite restaurants (not fancy), and after that, we got in our pjs and popped a bottle of champagne and just danced in our airbnb. We were just talking about this and we were saying how we wished we got cupcakes or a mini cake as well.

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    We briefly talked about eloping and we still would have had a photographer, wedding attire, then gone to a nice meal in our wedding attire.
  • Breann
    Devoted June 2020
    Breann ·
    • Flag

Professional photography! You can make your celebration whatever you want it to be, esp. if it's just the two of you. You definitely don't need a bunch of guests to make your marriage feel authentic and special. I wanted an elopement with some of the traditional wedding stuff, (see below):

https://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/elopement-so-worth-it/627d7988aff73599.html

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics