Lauren
Just Said Yes September 2019

Honeymoon Suggestions Wanted

Lauren, on February 5, 2019 at 8:06 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 12
Saved Save

Hello! My fiancé and I are struggling to choose a location for our honeymoon. We want it to be special and expect it to be a once in a lifetime kind of trip. We are looking to go between January and April of 2020 (the most expensive time, we know) for around 7 nights. Our absolute max budget is $10,000, not including flights which will be purchased with miles. The musts are warm weather, all-inclusive resort, the beach (the more turquoise the water, the better), and fun excursions, like hiking to waterfalls, distillery tours, catamaran cruises with dolphin sightings, etc. We would love to have the opportunity to spend at least one night in an overwater bungalow, although we'd sacrifice that for the right location. Some of the places we've looked at thus far are the Maldives, the Caribbean, French Polynesia, and Fiji. We are also open to a cruise if anyone has an excellent itinerary. I would love to hear your suggestions and experiences!

Thank you!

12 Comments

• Felicia
    Dedicated April 2019
    Felicia ·
    Try looking on luxury retreats they are amazing. I booked a week stay at a villa they grocery shop for u and work up an itinerary for you for a good price.
  • Brittany
    Master April 2019
    Brittany ·
    Sandals in St. Lucia has overwater bungalows I’m pretty sure.

• Katelyn
    Devoted May 2017
    Katelyn ·
    Bali, Indonesia and Boracay, or Palawan in the Philippines have some of the best beaches in the world and would offer most of what you said you want. Flight is LONG though...
  • Tanya
    Dedicated November 2019
    Tanya ·
    We got engaged on the island of Koi Samui, Thailand. It was beautiful and a once in a lifetime trip. Would make for an amazing honeymoon. We stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel.

Honeymoon Suggestions Wanted 1

Honeymoon Suggestions Wanted 2

Honeymoon Suggestions Wanted 3
  • Danielle
    Devoted April 2020
    Danielle ·
    I wanted a turquoise beach too but my FH loves the Amazon so we decided to go to Costa Rica as long as I picked out where we stay... I found a treetop canopy with a private pool little electricity so candles everywhere stone outdoor shower and tons of waterfalls and activities with a private late night dinner next to a raging river and campfire so romantic

Honeymoon Suggestions Wanted 4

Honeymoon Suggestions Wanted 5
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    I’d say some exotic location and a private over-water bungalow! 🏝
  • Leah
    Devoted August 2019
    Leah ·
    Love your locations and view of your honeymoon - we’re also looking at French Polynesia, the Maldives and Fiji as our top picks and have sort of framed it as a once in a lifetime/wouldn’t come back with kids sort of trip so following this closely - we’re planning two weeks in August 2019, so we’ve gotta get going on this! The Maldives has more of the overwater bungalows from what we’ve read and French Polynesia; Fiji has few. I’ve been watching GILT travel as they always seem to luxury vacations and reliable and top rated hotel and vacation packages for sale so maybe that would help but not sure how far out they book!

Not very helpful but you could also add the Seychelles off the coast of E Africa to your list, and tack on a safari in Tanzania or Kenya if you’re looking for a balance of nature and fun and relaxation - it’s a great time and I’ve gone there a few times really enjoyed it! Very luxurious, private swimming pools in rooms, luxurious bungalows (though I don’t think they’re over the water), but still a very good mix of culture!
  • Luaxanna
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Luaxanna ·
    My husband is a huge conspiracy theorist and wants to go somewhere cool we can explore like the pyramids... does anyone else have any other suggestions??
  • Rebecca
    Master October 2025
    Rebecca ·
    View Quoted Comment

This is one of my dream vacations!!

• Tanya
    Dedicated November 2019
    Tanya ·
    It’s amazing! Should definitely go!
  • Adrienne Spragg
    December 2020
    Adrienne Spragg ·
    Check out Central America! For that budget, you could do a combination Nicaragua/Costa Rica trip, just CR, or maybe Belize with some amazing resorts (many have private plunge pools) and fun activities (caving, snorkeling, diving, ruins, wildlife, hiking, hot springs, catamaran sails). Google the Osa Peninsula, Arenal, and Manuel Antonio in Costa Rica; Morgan’s Rock and Little Corn Island in Nicaragua.

Those are some of our client favorites as far as destinations go!
  • Adrienne Spragg
    December 2020
    Adrienne Spragg ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Pacuare!! You’ll love it there. It’s stunning. Are you visiting a beach as well?

Comment on this discussion