Chrissy
Expert June 2014

Honeymoon questions

Chrissy, on September 3, 2013 at 8:46 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 14
Saved Save

I'm the most indecisive person ever. A couple questions for you all:

-- Would you stay six days and five nights at your top pick resort or stay an extra night at an also really nice, just a little more affordable resort?

-- Is six days and five nights enough time to really wind down and relax? Or will the trip feel too short?

14 Comments

• mscountry
    Master July 2014
    mscountry ·

We are only doing 3 night we would more but it would cost way to much (unless we have money left over in the whole budget) i say do what you can afford and it depends on what you are getting at each resort our package includes breakfast

• kahlcara
    Master August 2013
    kahlcara ·

I'd lean towards the longer stay at a more affordable resort personally, but it would depend on how much difference in quality there is. I think 6 days and 5 nights is enough time. That's how long ours was and we both felt relaxed after.

• Maggie N
    Master August 2013
    Maggie N ·

Six days five nights was plenty for us- we were (dare I say it) a little bored by our last day!

• Chrissy
    Expert June 2014
    Chrissy ·

Maggie, that's my fear. I feel like I'm getting swept up in all of the wedding industry pressure to take the best honeymoon ever and go for as long a possible. We could afford another night at the more affordable resort, but I'm thinking 6 days, 5 nights might be perfect.

• Now Mrs.S
    Super August 2013
    Now Mrs.S ·

Where are you going? We arrived to Cabo on Tuesday and left Saturday afternoon, it was plenty of time for us. We stayed at an all-inclusive place and didn't leave the property for more than a couple of hours that week. If we had gone some where with more to do/see we may have stayed longer but it wasn't necessary.

• SXC
    VIP November 2013
    SXC ·

I think it would entirely depend on where you went. 5 nights at the same resort would be plenty but if you're going to a place where you could visit spots outside the resort for several days (markets, cultural activities, etc) I'd stay for a longer time.

• Alysa
    VIP April 2014
    Alysa ·

I think that is plenty of time. I would probably go for the extra day option though.

• Renee2014
    Super April 2014
    Renee2014 ·

Depends on how far you are traveling. I would do the extra day cause the first night is probably travel and you won't do a hole lot when you get to your destination.

• AndreaLily
    Master October 2013
    AndreaLily ·

Stay as long as you can! It's your honeymoon, if you can... splurge! We were originally doing 7 days 6 nights but just last week extended our stay to 10 days 9 nights. After you do a full day of an excursion, a cabana day, tour the island your 3 days out on your pool side sunbathing. I vote you extend your stay!

• vicky
    VIP May 2014
    vicky ·

No matter where you go or how long you stay you are always going to want one more day before getting back to reality. If the other place is jaw dropping or your ideal & the affordable is just ok then I'd forego one night and do the ideal. If they're pretty much the same but one is a little better then I'd go affordable for one more night. I also agree that flight time is a factor.

• K & A
    Super October 2013
    K & A ·

We are going for 6 nights and I think that should be a great length of time. A few years ago at a friend's destination wedding (Cabo), it was 7 nights and that was a bit too much for me. You'll love it, no matter what you choose!

• Kate
    Master December 2013
    Kate ·

For me it would depend on how far I was traveling. If it's a three-hour drive, I need less time to decompress than I would for a 7-hour flight with a connection. Know what I mean?

• Michael Glenn
    October 2019
    Michael Glenn ·

My advise, pick where you want to go, and do what you can within your budget. If you are worried about being bored, go to multiple locations. My wife and I spent three weeks in Italy, staying in different locations and in different types of hotels (from hostels, to full hotels housed in former palaces...). We stayed within our budget (though much was paid for via a honeymoon registry) and milked our dollars for everything we could get out of them. You don't necessary have to go to one location for several nights, pick a region and see as much of it as you want.

• Wendy  Montebello
    October 2019
    Wendy Montebello ·

Your first day and last day normally have travel involved. Count only the days in between and ask is that enough?

Comment on this discussion