emmy
Dedicated October 2014

Honeymoon Budget

emmy, on May 22, 2014 at 9:06 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 38
Saved Save

Wondering what the average is people spend on their Honeymoons. $2K? $4K? $6K?

Honestly wondering if were over budgeting. We plan on going the Maldives & Dubai.

38 Comments

• Bethany
    Devoted June 2014
    Bethany ·

We are doing a 7 day cruise...our total cost is around 1600 for that but you have to add in additional money for excursions, alcohol, etc. So I would guess maybe 3000 total for us.

• C
    Master June 2015
    ChampagneDream ·

We originally were thinking $5K, but with what we want I don't think we will be able to make that happen. Basically, we want what we want so our budget is flexible. Hopefully no more than $7K or so.

• Jae
    Master June 2014
    Jae ·

We're spending about $8000 for 2 weeks in Italy

• Jazmin
    Devoted September 2016
    Jazmin ·

$5000 for Dominican Republic without flight

• Barbara
    Master September 2014
    Barbara ·

There is someone going to the Maldives-- I think her honeymoon budget is $10,000.

We're going to Honolulu and it will probably cost about $6000 ($2000 for airfare, $2000 for hotel, and $2000 for meals/activities/transportation).

• KarenM
    Master November 2014
    KarenM ·

@MrsJazT2B, did you check out Groupon getaways? They have all inclusives in the DR for about $800 including airfare. I keep waffling on this. I would love full, real honeymoon, but it means credit card debt and I'm just not sure I'm willing to go there. Either a minimoon in the Shenandoah Valley, or a real honeymoon in the Caymen Islands. If we do the minimoon, then we'll go to the Caymen's in the spring.

• Jazmin
    Devoted September 2016
    Jazmin ·

Yea I looked but we are going through Melía resorts to the Paradius it's one of the best resorts in DR with a butler and everything. It's all inclusive as well I'm hooked!

• allidb8579
    Super September 2014
    allidb8579 ·

Little over 8k for 3 nights in Moorea, 3 nights in Bora Bora, 2 nights in Los Angeles

Includes flights, resorts and hotel and car in Los Angeles.

• MrsJohnston
    Super October 2014
    MrsJohnston ·

Ours we hope will be $7k hopefully. We are traveling around Europe for just over 2 weeks.

I'm so excited!!!! ❤❤

• Meghan
    Expert September 2014
    Meghan ·

We spent $2300 for flights, hotel, and rental car to Maui. With extra costs, we'll hopefully keep it under $3,000.

• serenity523
    Super June 2014
    serenity523 ·

FH just booked ours today! 8 nights in Jamaica for $2900, inclusive with flights. I would have loved to go to Hawaii but that would have been much more expensive. The airfare alone would have been at least $2k. Alas it's not in the cards for now

• ItsGoodToBeKing
    Master February 2014
    ItsGoodToBeKing ·

5 nights in rarotonga for $5k

• MrsHicks
    Master June 2014
    MrsHicks ·

MrsJazT2B we are going to the Paradisus in DR (it was a gift from FH boss). The total for 7 days w/ airfare is $4100. When sitting with the travel agent to book it, she didn't hide the cost. FH boss paid $3500 and we paid an additional $570 to upgrade to the Royal Service. I am so excited!!

• A
    VIP March 2015
    Amanda ·

Our honeymoon isn't booked yet, but our budget is 4k. We will probably do somewhere in the Caribbean.

edited for typos

• Heather A
    Master September 2014
    Heather A ·

I didn't set a budget I just knew what I wanted. Between hotel, flights, car were spending 5500 on our trip to maui for ten days not counting food or activities.

• Mrs. S (Amanda C.)
    Super July 2014
    Mrs. S (Amanda C.) ·

We're spending $3k on an all inclusive resort and flights to Jamaica. Well probably spend another $300-400 on excursions and massages and fun stuff, but we also did a honeymoon registry for the stuff once we get there and have already received gifts of two of our excursions.

• Jazmin
    Devoted September 2016
    Jazmin ·

FutureMrsHicks I am in love with Paradisus!!!

• Ape
    Savvy June 2014
    Ape ·

We honestly didn't set a budget. We decided that we were going to Jamaica (okay, I decided we were going to Jamaica =D) and then went to a travrl agent for help. Including insurance we are spending about 5k

• Alejandra
    Master May 2014
    Alejandra ·

We are doing 5 nights in the Riviera Maya with airfare and all-inclusive resort for $1800. We are renting a car, doing some excursions, some shopping so I think we will come in around $2500 when it's all factored in.

• Tiffany
    VIP May 2017
    Tiffany ·

We want to do something in the US. The Smokies (been there together), or the beach (I've been to the beaches in AL, he's lived near the beaches in FL.) He said something about the Keys. We plan on driving. To me that's easier than flying and renting a car. I would rather just go to Gulf Shores; it quicker to get to. Why waste time just driving? So... for hotel, food, and things to do, hopefully no more than $4,000.

Comment on this discussion