JenniferandRick
VIP August 2015

Help with "Father and Daughter" song, but it's not my father it's my brother.

JenniferandRick, on August 14, 2015 at 10:47 AM Posted in Planning 0 13
Saved Save

...and I don't know what song to use? Google is not helping. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

FH will be dancing with his mom but he's been no help and i need this list done yesterday. I'm not waiting for FH to give me his opinion/ideas. It's too late in the game for this.

13 Comments

• Tuesday
    Dedicated August 2015
    Tuesday ·
    • Flag

Ooh tough one... the only thing that comes to mind off the top of my head is My Wish by Rascall Flatts?

• JenniferandRick
    VIP August 2015
    JenniferandRick ·
    • Flag

Rascall Flatts!!! I didn't even think of them, They have the best songs. I will check it out

Come on ladies...give me more....haha!

• Nancy Taussig
    April 2020
    Nancy Taussig ·
    • Flag

Www.weddingwire.com/wedding-songs/father-daughter-music

Did you look at this^ list? Maybe some of them would be suitable for a dance with your brother.

• brstrickland
    Devoted March 2016
    brstrickland ·
    • Flag

I'm doing a brother sister dance and using "I hope you dance" by Leeann womack

• Jacklyn
    Expert August 2015
    Jacklyn ·
    • Flag

Date twin- you weren't joking about being late in the game. My dad and I aren't very affectionate- or serious- so a traditional Father- Daughter song just didn't feel right. I'm going with Rainbow Connection by the Muppets... but I almost did "you've got a friend" from Toy Story. Both songs aren't "father" songs.

• Adjo03
    Dedicated November 2015
    Adjo03 ·
    • Flag

I just went to a wedding and the father daughter dance was God Only Knows by the Beach Boys. I think that would work for siblings too.

• Anna =)
    Devoted October 2016
    Anna =) ·
    • Flag

I agree that "My Wish" from Rascal Flatts is a good one.

• JenniferandRick
    VIP August 2015
    JenniferandRick ·
    • Flag

Awesome ladies! Thank you. i will look into all those suggestions

• Uber Dami
    Master October 2015
    Uber Dami ·
    • Flag

My best friend who's like a brother to me will be dancing with me to type o negatives version of cinnamon girl

• Mphgirl23
    VIP September 2020
    Mphgirl23 ·
    • Flag

James Taylor: You've got a Friend

Ben E. King: Stand by Me

ETA: I second @Adjo.. that's also a great song and I think would be appropriate

• JenniferandRick
    VIP August 2015
    JenniferandRick ·
    • Flag

@Uber Dami- Our families would probably talk about that song for years! hah! Rick and I both love most types of music (i listen to anything that's good Smiley winking) but i don't think that one will work for us.

I tried so hard to find an Apocalyptica song i could walk down the aisle to but i couldn't find anything that fit for me. They're one of our favorite bands.

I like the Rascal Flats one...

• Emily & Rob
    Dedicated November 2015
    Emily & Rob ·
    • Flag

My brother and I are going to dance to "Sister" by Dave Matthews Band. In the originally released live version (Radio City) Dave explains that when they were little they used to say that when she was born somehow her heart was put into his chest and his was put into hers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK1AuNXSAwA

• Private User
    Just Said Yes October 2015
    Private User ·
    • Flag

I lost my Dad a few years ago so I am going to dance with my brother to Josh Groban "To Where You Are" and dedicate it to my Dad...but its a risk because it can be sad to some...for me it is gives me peace and makes me smile.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics