We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Chelsea
Savvy October 2020

Help! Photographer isn't answering

Chelsea, on October 20, 2020 at 2:51 PM

Posted in Planning 70

so here we are 4 days before the big day, my photographer hasn't answered me back and i can no longer find her in social media and I already paid her half. what should I do? I'm so stressed that my chest is starting to hurt and I'm legit loosing it.

So here we are 4 days before the big day, my photographer hasn't answered me back and i can no longer find her in social media and I already paid her half. what should I do? I'm so stressed that my chest is starting to hurt and I'm legit loosing it.

70 Comments

• Samantha
    VIP October 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh, Chelsea, I'm so sorry. I can't believe people do this! Are you holding up okay? Have you managed to find another photographer?

• Chelsea
    Savvy October 2020
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Im ok, my blood pressure rose last night but my hair stylist/friend has family and my brides maids are willing to help me pay

• Samantha
    VIP October 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's so generous of them. It sounds like you have a really great support system. I'm so sorry you're going through this.

• Chelsea
    Savvy October 2020
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Im so happy that they are in my life, and my hair stylist is also helping me out

• Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    No you wouldn't it's soooo close and I'm sure you spent a good amount of money. I definitely would!
  • Chelsea
    Savvy October 2020
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

So i reached out to her friends on Facebook, it was a scam and i may be able to file a criminal report

• Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh nooooo Smiley sad like someone hacked or used her info to promote photography?
  • Chelsea
    Savvy October 2020
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

No, she does it all herself

• Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    So what exactly was the scam?
  • Chelsea
    Savvy October 2020
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

So she'll offer a budget bride a deal that's in their budget, ask for the 50% up front as a retainer and then say she cant make it and that the deposit was just for her to keep the date

• Chelsea
    Expert July 2021
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag

Eek I would be flipping out. But stay calm and hope for one more day? Tell the backup what's going on. Just so unprofessional of her to do this.

• Adrian
    Just Said Yes October 2021
    Adrian ·
    • Flag

That's so frustrating! I hope you've made contact since the original post! If not, I used the Thumbtack app to find a minister at the last minute when we decided to do a microceremony on our original date. I'm pretty sure they have photographers on there as well. Good luck!

• Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ohhh okay so she's done it before. I would definitely file some type of charges or take her to small claims court and sue for the deposit. That is if it's worth your time
  • Katie
    Rockstar August 2021
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    So you have messages from her friend saying she does this? And if so I wonder if there a way to get in contact with other brides she messed over? I'd save the messages and file a claim on her. The problem with people like her is that most people don't want to deal with the hassle of trying to get their money back. So then she goes off and keeps doing it to other brides. You definitely need to get a claim going on her. Petty or not I bought a bracelet from this company online it was only a couple of bucks, well I found out they were a scam and at first like most people I said I'm not going to go through the hassle of getting a few dollars back. However I ended up changing my mind because they are just going to keep doing it and getting away with it because other people don't want to go through the hassle. If everyone went after them even if it was just a couple of bucks they wouldn't do it anymore. I got my money back from them through PayPal. So please for other brides go after them for your money. Like I s
  • Katie
    Rockstar August 2021
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    Like I said if you can find other brides she did this to you can all go after her for your money and she probably won't do it again. Plus the more people you have going after her the better your chances.
  • Chelsea
    Savvy October 2020
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hey Katie! So I'm waiting on acceptance to a group to share my same story, I also filed criminal charges against her and I had to go thru a whole process to report her for cyber crime as well, I know its only a small amount and at first I was like "im going to eat it" but now I'm like , "im going to do everything in my power because she also has a go fund me set up for her daughters hospital bills which is also a lie and ppl are giving her thousands of dollars so she can pay the bills while doing "photography "
  • Chelsea
    Savvy October 2020
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I filed criminal charges, its not much but its a start
  • Katie
    Rockstar August 2021
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm glad you are going after her. She sounds like a terrible human being. I bet the gofundme is probably another one of her scams. It's sad that there are people like her.
  • Chelsea
    Savvy October 2020
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My fiancee and I felt so bad reading the go fund me and thinking it was real. He's also livid
  • Kimberly
    Super March 2021
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    Wow. What a terrible person. I’m sorry you had to deal with all of this but I’m glad to hear you have a great support system around you and are able to get a back up photographer. I’m sure your wedding will be beautiful! Enjoy it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics