Skip to main content
candi
Beginner May 2012

HELP!! military wedding colors

candi, on August 15, 2011 at 6:22 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 16
Saved

I am havin trouble deciding my wedding colors. my fiance is in the army so he wants him and his groomsmen wearing their dress blues. their dress blues are dark navy blue, goldish yellow button and then they have their medals that hav red and yellow. i was thinkn maybe canary yellowor maybe lavender bridesmaids dresses. i am really clueless.

16 Comments

Latest activity by candi, on August 16, 2011 at 2:23 AM
  • Courtney
    Super May 2012
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

Yellow could look nice but I would go for a deeper yellow like a sunflower yellow and mix in some white flowers with that or you could just match the dresses to their blues.

• RobinRockr
    Super June 2012
    RobinRockr ·
    • Flag

Red would look good too!! Smiley smile

• B
    Super November 2002
    Beth G ·
    • Flag

Royal blue?

• L
    Just Said Yes September 2012
    Laura ·
    • Flag

I am doing red and a light blue as my colors, it matches nicely with the army blues! I kept putting colors next to them. A candle apple and a malibu blue are what I am using specifically.

• candi
    Beginner May 2012
    candi ·
    • Flag

I had thought about red but people keep tellin me it wudnt look good. i started thinkin about maybe a deep red almost like maroon i guess. but then what colors wud go with that. i am so afraid that the colors i pick arent gonna look good together.

• candi
    Beginner May 2012
    candi ·
    • Flag

Everyone says this is the easy part of the wedding but im startn to stress about it! lol

• DallasBride
    Devoted April 2012
    DallasBride ·
    • Flag

What if you got swatches from either salons ($1 a peice at DB, $6.50 for all at AA) or pieces of fabric (mostly free from fabric stores for a swatch) and then you can match them with his uniform and take the swatches with you shopping.

• Sabrina
    Master November 2014
    Sabrina ·
    • Flag

I would match the blue to their pants.... or maybe a shade lighter...

arent the class a's still green?! My dh has a "monkey suit" hanging in the closet for years and its green. a darker OD green, but its been a while, lol...so i could totally be wrong

• Meghan
    Master August 2011
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

You need to go with a deeper red, not a bright red. A good option is David's Bridals color Apple.

I would stay away from yellows. It can actually clash with the yellows on their ASUs. Not just that- it's super hard to match! A red will be easier to find stuff that matches.

Another option is a forest green to compliment the blue and give a nod to the old Class As- but it might be a bit dark for a May wedding.

What about a grey- almost pewter color. It would bring out the grey undertones of the ASU pants.

• Kiesha
    Super September 2012
    Kiesha ·
    • Flag

Head to your local Hardware store and pick up paint chips in the colors you like. Theyre free and that way you can hold them up next to the Dress Blues and see which ones you like best

• candi
    Beginner May 2012
    candi ·
    • Flag

Thx everyone! ya they do have sum class a's that r green but they also have blue ones. i cudnt even imagine tryn to cordinate with the greens!

• Hayley C™
    Master March 2008
    Hayley C™ ·
    • Flag

Why not navy dresses?

I put this together for another bride.. I know it is not the exact colors you are using, but an idea.

• RobinRockr
    Super June 2012
    RobinRockr ·
    • Flag

Here are some navy-blue based palettes:

http://www.theperfectpalette.com/search/label/Navy%20Blue

• Natalie
    Dedicated May 2012
    Natalie ·
    • Flag

Navy-blue is a great idea, I think it can be worked out.

• candi
    Beginner May 2012
    candi ·
    • Flag

I thought everyone being in navy blue except for me wud be too much. i thought it might look better being more colorful. unsure

• candi
    Beginner May 2012
    candi ·
    • Flag

I have been on the site that robin sent me for a couple hours now! it is soooo helpful! thx robin! i think i hav my colors narrowed down. ill let ya know tomorrow! Smiley smile thx for all your help everyone

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics