Gabriela
Beginner March 2018

Help!!! Miami Wedding on a Budget

Gabriela, on June 29, 2016 at 10:21 AM Posted in Planning 0 26
Saved

Hello Everyone,

We are currently planning our wedding for October 7th, 2017. After visiting endless venues and contacting hundreds of vendors we realized everything is way to expensive. We had our heart set on Thalatta Estate and were planning on booking the venue this week but they don't include anything so we need to get every little thing form outside vendors, I've look into all inclusive packages, separate vendors, providing the alcohol, no alcohol etc but it seems like is impossible to stay within $10000 for 86 guests, not including the venue fee, dress and photographer. Long story short I was hoping I can get some suggestions on cheap catering companies or even a nice restaurant in the Miami area where we can have a very smaller but nice wedding. This is so stressful and frustrating. I thought $15000 wasn't a small budget but apparently with all the extras and hidden costs it seems impossible. We really wanted an outside ceremony and party and we don't want a banquet hall.

26 Comments

Latest activity by Christopher, on February 25, 2018 at 7:18 AM
  • BeachBride
    VIP June 2017
    BeachBride ·
    • Flag

You should look for vendors outside of the Miami area that might be able to travel to Miami. Jupiter, palm beach, etc. might be cheaper. Miami is pretty expensive compared to other places.

• Beutivant
    Master May 2016
    Beutivant ·
    • Flag

I'm not from Miami, so I am not much help, but I am curious as to why your profile says your wedding is 11/5/16 if you plan to have your wedding 10/7/17.

ETA: You fixed it. Whew.

• Gabriela
    Beginner March 2018
    Gabriela ·
    • Flag

Katherine- You are completely right. I found a great cater from West Palm beach but he does'nt include the bar and even though it might not be a big deal I feel it can get hectic if we have to provide the alcohol. Thank you for the suggestion I will keep looking into vendors outside miami.

• Gabriela
    Beginner March 2018
    Gabriela ·
    • Flag

Beutivant- 11/5/16 is the date of my best friend's wedding and I opened the account when she first got engaged. Just changed it to mine lol

• Miss.MtoMrs..K
    Master October 2016
    Miss.MtoMrs..K ·
    • Flag

Alyssa perricones is delicious!!! It's one of my favorite restaurants... I'm a Miami bride and our reception is at a banquet hall almost everything is included sure it's not fancy shmancy it's In a shopping center but for 100 guest open bar and a lot of extras it's about 3,000 for the package. Mine is a little more expensive since we keep adding people (not my choice by the way) but it's nice inside and we have used this banquet hall in the past.

• Michelle
    VIP March 2017
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

In addition to looking north, look south. I've seen some beautiful outdoor weddings in the Redlands and homestead for similar budgets.

And I understand your love for thalatta. It is gorgeous. But keep looking so you can afford to host everything and not waste your whole budget on just a benue

• Dena
    Master April 2017
    Dena ·
    • Flag

Unfortunately, that is a smaller budget for the South Florida area. I had a hard time finding a venue as well. Try reducing your guest list a little more. Have you checked out Rusty Pelican or 94th Squadron as restaurants?

• Dena
    Master April 2017
    Dena ·
    • Flag

Oh yeah there's also that place in the Redlands...Schnelby's or something...it's a winery.

• Gabriela
    Beginner March 2018
    Gabriela ·
    • Flag

Thank you everyone for taking the time to comment.

Lauren- I found beautiful venues up north and definitely cheaper, but wherever we go we need to take our dogs, they have special needs so I can't leave them on a boarding facility, and that means finding a pet friendly hotel or rental home. I even thought about destination wedding but is not an option unfortunately because of out pets.

• Miss.MtoMrs..K
    Master October 2016
    Miss.MtoMrs..K ·
    • Flag

Why can't you take them to a vet or boarding? What's their disability exactly?

• Gabriela
    Beginner March 2018
    Gabriela ·
    • Flag

@Alyssa I'm definitely planning on serving alcohol I was just looking around at the different options. 86 is not a small wedding, but my fiance's family is really big. When I say I'm looking for a restaurant to have a smaller wedding I mean 30 people or less. I'll look into Perricone's Events packages. thank you

• Gabriela
    Beginner March 2018
    Gabriela ·
    • Flag

@ Michelle we visited several venues in the Redlands area since i love the idea of the rustic/farm wedding and all of them are more expensive than thalatta as for the rental and they also dont include anything. Thank you.

• A
    Expert December 2012
    Aleluya ·
    • Flag

Well I live here in Miami and for some time we were looking for venues and vendors too... IT IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE! haha our budget was $15,000 too for 80 so I get you. I will go with the same reco of going north or south, because everything here is super expensive and you dont want to get cheap vendors just to meet your budget and they become a disaster.

I went to a wedding a while ago here - budget: $10k Guests: 100 food: horrible, no salt whatsoever and cold venue: beautiful but super hot inside, with bad service just 1 bartender, huge lines and not even water for the tables photographer: when they were going to cut the cake, the photographer was texting talking to other people (hitting on girls) and the couple waiting and he just took one photo and turned around. Thank God they had a good dj because that the part that we enjoyed the most.

As someone suggested Homestead is a good place too... But you need to observe what do you want to do, what kind of event are you going to plan.

The vendors section for venues here in WW is really good! Maybe you can do a small research there. Smiley smile

• Gabriela
    Beginner March 2018
    Gabriela ·
    • Flag

@Miss.MtoMrs..K My girl has a congenital condition call MegaEsophagus, which means her esophagus is enlarged. Normally, when the esophagus is functioning properly, it acts as a muscle and pushes the food down the esophagus into the stomach, in her case if she eats like a normal dog she will regurgitate everything back right away, food and water. She also needs to sleep elevated so she doesn't choke with her own saliva or get's food/water into her lungs. She eats and drink in a special chair and stays there for 40 minutes several times a day. She is also not very friendly with other dogs, so leaving her at a boarding facility is not an option. And the little one has really bad separation anxiety issues when he is away from her. That's my dad in the pic, the only person I trust to take care of my girl and he needs to be part of the wedding so going somewhere else it would be too much of a hassle.

• Miss.MtoMrs..K
    Master October 2016
    Miss.MtoMrs..K ·
    • Flag

Aww girl I'm so sorry I completely understand. I wish I knew of a place sadly I don't. I used to take my baby to a vet that we knew down there. He also does not get along with other dogs so I have no clue what to do or where to take him.

• Future Mrs. R Perez
    Super July 2016
    Future Mrs. R Perez ·
    • Flag

I wanted the same, outdoor or beach wedding, but after checking pricing.... my priority was to have more guests so i ventured into the ballroom options. I have a similar budget and ended up with an all inclusive venue (photography, videography, flowers, food, dj, cake, open bar) for under budget. Location Hialeah. It isn't a ballroom upstairs to a shopping center as most are.... its a building in a shopping center but off to itself and not attached. I have 120 people and paid less than $8000. and I got the most expensive option reserving the whole building and using different areas for ceremony, cocktail hour and reception ensuring no other event is held at same time in building, even though they have different and separate entrances for each hall. Royal Palace Ballrooms.

• Miss.MtoMrs..K
    Master October 2016
    Miss.MtoMrs..K ·
    • Flag

Signature gardens (banquet) is one that's not attached to anything and very nice. I'm not sure of pricing but maybe you can check them out.

• 5starFM
    VIP January 2017
    5starFM ·
    • Flag

Are you willing to get married in Broward Co? I searched a few venues before deciding and some of them may work on that budget. Also are you willing to do a Friday or Sunday? That may help too.

• Dena
    Master April 2017
    Dena ·
    • Flag

Awww, I love that you care so much about your pets. Megaesophagus can be quite a time consuming disease, and people that don't understand how serious it is definitely shouldn't be trusted. I was a vet tech for almost 8 years in Weston, and used to pet sit for special needs animals on the side---is there not a vet tech you can trust from your vet to pet sit? Just a thought!

• Staci
    Master September 2014
    Staci ·
    • Flag

Hi Gabriela - if you plan to stick around the forum for more advice please consider changing your avatar. That way we can get to know you better and you won't be confused for a troll/spammer. Here's how you do it:

Make this a photo of you, something unique to you, your wedding or something you love. This makes it easier for other members to remember who you are as you make new connections. (Settings > Profile and Privacy Settings > Account Image > Change Image > Upload > Update Profile Settings) This is editable on desktop only! If you need assistance send your photo to community@weddingwire.com.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics