M
Beginner September 2020

Hawaii as a honeymoon?

Megan, on January 7, 2019 at 1:19 PM Posted in Honeymoon

Has anyone decided on Hawaii as their honeymoon destination? If so do you have any recommendation? We are planning on going after our wedding, so it would be the summer of 2021 due to the fact of finishing up with college. If you have already gone, what do you recommend? What was the best things you did? And if possible what would you change if you could?

Share:

15 Comments

• Monique
    Super December 2019
    Monique ·
    We are going there after our wedding December 7th. We will be going to Maui and doing a New Years luau as well as zip lining.
  • M
    Beginner September 2020
    Megan ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun! Zip lining is a ton of fun! Are you staying on Maui the whole time? I can’t decided if moving islands is worth it!
  • Gloria
    Super March 2019
    Gloria ·
    I have never been to Hawaii but my fiancé gave me tickets to Hawaii for Christmas we’re going to Maui People are saying that is the best place to go so when we get there will do some tour and have fun
  • M
    Beginner September 2020
    Megan ·
    View Quoted Comment

That is such an amazing surprise! I hope that the two of you have an amazing time!

• Gloria
    Super March 2019
    Gloria ·
    Megan thank u so much.
  • FutureMrsD
    Rockstar July 2019
    FutureMrsD ·

We are planning ours in Hawaii for this July! I'm still holding out Southwest will release flights there in the next month or so. They are supposed to be cheaper and we have points with Southwest so it would help (plus you get two free bags per person & don't have to pay for a specific seat). We are 100% sure on Oahu. We are going for 7-9 days, so we are deciding between Maui & Kaui but leaning towards Maui. So probably 4-5 days in Oahu (deciding between Turtle Bay or Marriott Ko Olina) and 3-4 days in Maui. We want to scuba dive (we heard about a night time manta ray scuba dive in Maui), as well as visit a pineapple plantation, Pearl Harbor Memorial, and lots of hiking & swimming!

• Sara
    Super July 2019
    Sara ·

We booked our two week honeymoon there! We are going to Maui, Hawaii in July of this year. Staying at the Royal Lahaina Resort! The one thing I will say is that you should make sure you pay attention to the service and parking fees wherever you stay at. If you're not aware of them, they can bite you in the butt! You also have to pay for food, especially since very few, if any at all, provide complimentary breakfast. Our does not, and they want to charge $44/person per day for the breakfast buffet! It's nuts. You have a lot of time to research. Just know that you can't officially book anything until at least a year in advance. Most resorts and airlines don't let you choose anything until closer to. For two weeks (including: lodging, car, flight), we spent $6,000. Some may say that's a lot, but a lot of other resorts on the island and other Hawaii islands are close to $10,000 for two weeks. Also plan for the expense of excursions, if any. My FH likes to go out and do stuff, while I just like to lounge on the beach. Just do your research before jumping into anything. Hidden costs can be deadly!! I recommend you go talk with a travel agent versus booking it yourself. They can find you the best deal.

• Monique
    Super December 2019
    Monique ·
    View Quoted Comment
    It’s fun I’m sure but moving islands is soo expensive! ☹️
  • Kelly
    Legend October 2022
    Kelly ·

Hey Megan! My parents went to Hawaii for their honeymoon and still rave about it to this day!! I haven't personally been there (although it's on my bucket list), but we have a great honeymoon guide for it that breaks down all the different islands! I'll link it below for you!

Hawaii Honeymoon Guide

• M
    Beginner September 2020
    Megan ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you, this was very helpful because we are also looking at a 2 week stay in Hawaii. Thank you for all the tips! I will definitely do a lot of research.

• M
    Beginner September 2020
    Megan ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you, i will be checking out the guide!
  • PorterPoppin
    Rockstar March 2019
    PorterPoppin ·
    We booked our honeymoon to Hawaii a couple weeks ago! We’re going March 31st to Oahu and staying at the Hyatt’s Regency on Wakiki beach! I’m still doing a lot of research and trying to create an itinerary. It’s $150 per person for a round trip to Maui so we’re thinking of spending a couple days there. Oahu is more city like, touristy and Maui is more calm and romantic from what I’ve gathered. I think it will be a beautiful honeymoon
  • M
    Beginner September 2020
    Megan ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you, and is that for like a flight? or is it a boat trip? i don't know how far it is in-between islands.

• PorterPoppin
    Rockstar March 2019
    PorterPoppin ·
    View Quoted Comment

It's a flight, maybe 45 minutes

• I
    Just Said Yes July 2019
    Iris ·

Hi! I would probably recommend a cruise since it includes a lot and the cruise stops at the main islands as opposed to flying from island to island (which can get pricey). Norwegian Cruise Line has some good deals right now!

Comment on this discussion