S
Just Said Yes October 2019

Halloween wedding

Stephanie , on September 20, 2018 at 9:34 AM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 9
Saved Save
I was wanting to see if anyone could give me some ideas for a diy halloween wedding

9 Comments

• Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie ·

Hey there Stephanie!!! Welcome to the WeddingWire community!!!

I love Halloween weddings. So much. I would try and stock up on Halloween decorations this year once everything goes on sale in November. You can use skulls as centerpieces, paint them purple or black or leave them creepy white. White pumpkins are also a thing that I've seen and I bet they'll be around and on sale this time of year. Have wedding colors like black, burgundy, royal purple, a nice orange, and dark blues. You could get a bunch of those plastic spiders and use them to decorate napkin rings. Or have a photo booth (or a head/sweetheart table) background with those fake cobwebs. Masks as favors, glow stick send off. The possibilities are endless.

There are also a whole bunch of discussions in the WeddingWire forums for ideas. I've included a couple of them below, but I would definitely search a little more if you have specific ideas and questions.

Halloween weddings!!! What can we do to give our wedding a cool Halloween vibe without making it feel cheesy or overdone?

Halloween

Halloween wedding?

I would also peruse the DIY section of the forums because, especially this time of year, people are doing more subtle nods to Halloween that could inspire something.

I hope this isn't overwhelming, but in case you couldn't tell, I really like Halloween weddings.

• S
    Stephanie ·
    It is not overwhelming at all...i been trying to research it and all of this is very helpful...i am on a fixed budget so any help would be amazing
  • Kristen
    VIP August 2018
    Kristen ·

This is a situation where Pinterest is your best friend!

I just looked some stuff up and they have some really cute ideas

• S
    Stephanie ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Yea i have looked at a lot of their stuff already!!!!
  • Caitlin
    Dedicated November 2019
    Caitlin ·

Hi Stephanie,

My venue had a Halloween themed wedding last year and our wedding coordinator said the couple named their tables after horror films and people were directed to their seats by those names. Not sure what else they did but I thought that was cute. Maybe you could do something similar?

• S
    Stephanie ·
    That sounds awesome...where did they have their wedding at
  • BrandiWeds18
    VIP May 2019
    BrandiWeds18 ·

There's been a couple halloween themed weddings posted here on wedding wire in the past. I'd search the forums and you can see how they executed it. It can be done so nicely without it coming across as a birthday or halloween party. Good luck! I love Halloween

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·

I don't know if you watch Four Weddings or not but I've seen several Halloween weddings on the show!

• S
    Stephanie ·
    Thank you!!!

Comment on this discussion