We had to postpone our April 18th wedding and live in Bay area SF California where we just were ordered to shelter in place for the next 8 weeks. We think it would be safe to postpone until next year since no one knows how long this thing will last. I do not want to wait until next spring to marry especially since we were so close when we had to pull the plug on our dream wedding. We also have a pretty big wedding party who is now in limbo with all attire purchased.
We thought to elope this year on our date or close since we cannot leave the house and then get married next year 2021. Are any other brides doing this? If so, how are you acknowledging it. "Vow Renewal" or "2nd Wedding" or "reception/ cebration" just wondering how I can still use my wedding party as well since technically we'll already be married. So many variables. I want guests to feel honored to be there and not left out since we would already be married. These are unpredictable times though. Part of me thinks waiting til next year would be good since I want the wedding day to be very symbolic and have meaning to us. Thoughts?