Tiffani
Just Said Yes August 2019

Floral Budget

Tiffani, on April 17, 2019 at 12:37 PM Posted in Planning 0 74
Saved Save
What did 10k floral budget get you?

I was quoted $14k by a popular florist in San Diego. My floral budget is 10k.

Do any of you have a similar floral budget? If so, what did it get you? (ex. number of centerpieces, bouts, flower wall etc.)

Just want to see if the pricing is comparable.

Thanks!

74 Comments

• Amanda
    Dedicated June 2020
    Amanda ·
    10k on a flower budget? Holy sh#%
  • Soon2Bmrsp
    VIP May 2019
    Soon2Bmrsp ·

$10K on a floral budget is a lot, I would hope that you get a lot with that.

We spent $2300 and Im not a really big flower person and that was a lot for me...so you must LOVE flowers to want to spend that much...I cant wait to see your PRO BAM pictures

• F
    Dedicated October 2019
    Future Mrs Wilson ·
    I couldn't tell you bc I'm ordering mine from Sam's club. But for $10k I would be expecting a lot of flowers and gorgeous arrangements.
  • C
    Super July 2019
    Crystal ·
    We are not having a florist. We think that it's to much money
  • Tiffani
    Just Said Yes August 2019
    Tiffani ·
    View Quoted Comment
    If you don’t mind me asking, what are you doing for decor? Flowers are big part of my decor. So, I’m just wondering what your alternative is.
  • C
    Super July 2019
    Crystal ·
    View Quoted Comment
    We have little lanterns for the tables and it's at a ski resort so the views are beautiful our entire wedding is 8k and we paid for it on our own. Qe made our own silk bouquets for 12 dollars a piece for the wedding party.
  • Christine
    Devoted September 2020
    Christine ·

I think you'll get absolutely stunning flowers for $10k, no need to go up to $14k with this popular florist! Most of us on here are spending a lot less on florals but hopefully you'll find some other people who have flowers as one of their top priorities as well so you can get a better idea of what your budget can get you.

• Jessica
    Beginner June 2019
    Jessica ·

I can't even imagine what you would get for $10k on flowers. Please share pics! I have spent $80 so far (all silk) and will be ordering the centerpiece flowers from Sams so the total budget will be less than $200. In fact our entire budget is under $5k lol

• Jessica
    Savvy August 2019
    Jessica ·
    My flower total is a little under the 10k mark. As of now it's coming in around 8500. We're getting 16 tall centerpieces, floral arch (will be used for reception as well) 5 bridesmaid bouquets, my bouquet, 8 boutineers, petals for the flower girl and a small bouquet to match mine for remembrance chair in honor of my mom. The florist is also going to provide candles and holders for no additional fee. I wanted a lot more flowers, but got a reality check when I found out the insane price of flowers. I'm in NJ so understandably the cost is higher.
  • Jessica
    Savvy August 2019
    Jessica ·
    These are the pics he's using as inspiration. My arrangements will be very similar.

Floral Budget 1

Floral Budget 2

Floral Budget 3
  • Elise
    September 2019
    Elise ·

For $5k in the NYC area, I am getting 12 medium-sized centerpieces, 2 bouquets (bridal and MOH), a ceremony backdrop, and greenery hanging from the rafters/ceiling.

I think you'd be able to get a lot of flowers with twice that much! Definitely shop around and be willing to make compromises. Every single florist I spoke to was willing to make adjustments to the design plan in order to bring the costs down.

• Kat
    Devoted June 2019
    Kat ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I am in the same boat as you. I did our centerpieces, about $200 total. And the flowers for the wedding party, were $10 each from wayfair. We are also paying for our own wedding. I saw an arrangement that was extremely simple and only used like 3 roses, wish I had seen that before I did our centerpieces, it was gorgeous! We were quoted 4K and I thought it was too much, so decided to DIY everything.
  • Kat
    Devoted June 2019
    Kat ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I wanted my entire wedding to be 5K, my dream was soon crush as the venue only, was 6K.
  • Khin
    Devoted November 2019
    Khin ·
    For 10k, I'd expect to be walking on a flower bed everywhere I go. 😂🤣 But all jokes aside, I'm only spending around $2k. That includes:
    4 tall centerpieces 4 short ones
    My bridal bouquet
    Arch flowers
    3 bridesmaids bouquets
    5 bouts
    Flowers for the staircase
    Flower girl flowers/crown
  • Kelly
    Master October 2018
    Kelly ·
    I paid $7k and we got 1 bridal bouquet, 10 bridesmaid bouquets, 12 boutonnières, 5 wrist corsages, 21 centerpieces, and greenery/flowers on our chuppah. The price included installation/delivery, equipment rental deposit, admin fee, and tax. In Carmel, CA.
  • Kristen
    VIP April 2020
    Kristen ·
    My floral budget is $1k so I feel like you should be able to get all your personal flowers at the least
  • CDickman
    VIP September 2019
    CDickman ·
    My whole wedding budget is 10k. I know different areas cost different but I think you can find something else.
  • Faith
    Dedicated April 2019
    Faith ·
    10k😱😱😱😱 I thought 600$ was alot for flowers!!
  • Anna
    Expert June 2019
    Anna ·
    My estimate is around $8k for bud vases/flower boxes and floral (not greenery) garlands, alternating on long harvest style tables. Also included is an arch with floral, 4 bridesmaid bouquets, my bouquet, 7 bouts, restroom arrangements, arrangement for bar and card box table, 2 flower crowns for my flower girls. I'm in the midwest, but a big city. Our flowers are sort of pricey varieties, but spring wedding so most are in season.
  • ASMini914
    Super September 2019
    ASMini914 ·
    I think the kind of flowers being used will drive the cost, and if those are in season. We got a few different quotes and what was being provided varied a lot. Some of them included the cost of renting very fancy compote vases for center pieces, the very tall vases for some tables, a moon gate arch completely covered with floral... I think what you get might depend on what vision you provided and how many guests

Comment on this discussion