We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Brittany
Devoted October 2020

Fall Brides - Are you nervous to re-send your invites?

Brittany, on July 15, 2020 at 6:35 PM Posted in Planning 0 19
Saved Save
Hi everyone!
Sooo as most of you have experienced this year, my fiancé and I were forced to postpone our May wedding. Back in March right before all this Covid stuff happened, I had just mailed out the invites/rsvps and was super excited. Then everything shut down, and we decided to postpone to October. Now it’s mid-July and I’ve been holding my new invites/rsvps in a bag, hesitant to drop them off at the post office, with huge fear that the country will get shut down again with all the new Covid cases suddenly.

Is anyone else about to mail out invitations and also nervous? I don’t want to have to call and message all my guests a second time that the wedding will again have to be postponed (saying this in the least selfish way possible!) I don’t know, I guess I am just ranting to people who might be in a similar situation!

19 Comments

• Belle
    Super July 2021
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    We canceled our destination wedding yesterday, and I just can’t pick a new date. Most likely not until the number of covid cases are low and no hassle with quarantine, testing, or mask, etc... I just want covid to be in control 😔
  • Jessica
    Beginner September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My wedding was also supposed to be May, now sept... we didnt send out new invites just a postponement card. Now we have a fb group to update guests and we are sending a newsletter about the new updates with new rsvp cards
  • Anna
    Super October 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    I’m waiting to order my invitations. I’m getting married on Oct 24, that is certain, but I’m between 2 options. Original plan is 150 guests at the park’s amphitheater and community center. Backup plan is 25 at lake pier and cake and punch at home and then the original 150 event will be held as vow renewal next year.
  • Victoria
    Just Said Yes June 2020
    Victoria ·
    • Flag

We mailed our June 13th wedding invites out end of February. Postponed to Sept 26th due to Covid. We ended up still getting married on June 13th with just our parents present. We waited to send out our invitations for Sept 26th and I'm so happy we did, because we ended up making the decision to cancel. We have a facebook private message group where we informed everyone of the cancellation, and are also mailing out cancellation notifications + wedding announcements since we eloped.

I'd recommend waiting as long as possible. If you decide to move forward, people will understand if they only have a few weeks to respond. At this point, they already know if they feel comfortable going. We were getting married in CT and our capacity restrictions for indoor weddings are 25. Wasn't going to work for a 160 person wedding, and the celebration would have had a lot of restrictions. Even though cases are down here, it's not over until there's a vaccine unfortunately. We're devastated we had to cancel after all this planning. Been together for 7 + years, and wedding planning for 2+. But we know, one day we will have our celebration with our loved ones. Best of luck on your decision!

• Victoria
    Just Said Yes June 2020
    Victoria ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I hear you! Too much disappointment and risk to continue postponing. That's how we felt too after 2 dates that didn't work out!

• Victoria
    Just Said Yes June 2020
    Victoria ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I love this idea Anna! We got married on our original date, and it was the best decision for us. Even with just our parents and us, it honestly still was the best day ever. Now I know when we do have our big celebration, it will be the 2nd "best day ever!" Smiley smile

• Sara
    Savvy October 2020
    Sara ·
    • Flag
    Ha! I feel the same way! Did a small ceremony in our original date. I reordered our new invites and they came last week. I left them in the box sitting on my desk. Ultimately my husband and I have decided to move forward regardless, come at your own risk, outdoor, 90 person party. Etc. maybe I’ll send them out at the end of the month? Lol Fall Brides - Are you nervous to re-send your invites? 1

• Michelle
    Rockstar October 2020
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    My designs from Etsy is complete but I’m scared to print them off lol should’ve done electronic invites...if we postpone I’m going that route.
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    I can only imagine how you feel, and it’s totally understandable. We postponed October 2020 to October 2021 and I definitely can’t/won’t do it again. Maybe hold off sending the invitations as late as possible (even mid/late August since your guests already know the date anyway) . Everyone will understand.

• Brittany
    Devoted October 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m sorry you have to postpone! Our wedding is in PA and most guests already live there (we live in NYC) so hopefully October works out for us, even if we can only have a micro wedding!
  • Brittany
    Devoted October 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I was thinking of email or social media invites but I have too many family members not online and I don’t trust people to check their email. At least with an invite they can decide and I know they received it. We will see I guess!
  • Brittany
    Devoted October 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We might do something similar if we get shut down again. My mother offered for us to have a smaller wedding in her backyard, but I really hope our original plan works out! I hope your plans work out for you!
  • Brittany
    Devoted October 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Love these! We are also getting married in PA, and our venue hasn’t mentioned anything about having to postpone a second time, so we are remaining hopeful! I hope your October wedding works out!!
  • Marisa
    VIP May 2021
    Marisa Online ·
    • Flag

October bride here...we mailed our invitations early thinking we would give our guests more time make a decision and make plans, plus our mail service has been really slow. Our friends in Philadelphia area just received their invitations over the weekend and we mailed them the 1st of the month.

We made the tough decision over the week-end to postpone/reschedule our big event, still eloping I October, due to FMIL’s health and the number of cases. Since it has been announced in Pennsylvania that occupancy has been reduced to 25% or at minimum 25 people so I’m glad we made the call last week.

Now we’re just nervous whether this will blow over or at least improve by next Spring.

• Trisha
    Super October 2020
    Trisha ·
    • Flag

Ill Be Mailing Out Mine The Beginning Of August. Im Not Really Worried, This Is Something We Have To Live And Plan Around, So I Will Take Everything As It Comes.

• Ashia
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Ashia ·
    • Flag

I'm in the same situation. My wedding was supposed to be in May and we sent the invitations out in March only to turn around and postpone the wedding to October 9th a few weeks later. I don't plan on sending out anymore paper invites but instead we plan on texting and/or sending some sort of evite to everyone the first week in August letting them know they can either go to our website to rsvp or send back in the rsvp cards we sent them in March.

• Brittany
    Devoted October 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Good way to look at it!
  • Brittany
    Devoted October 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I was thinking of emailing or using a website the second time around but then realized our grandparents and certain people don’t have email or don’t check it lol, so I decided to just go the paper route again. Just sent them out yesterday!
  • Tonilynn
    Dedicated September 2020
    Tonilynn ·
    • Flag
    Yes but I just ordered and mailed them out!! Wedding Sept 4 2020!! God willing

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles