TheNewMrsJ
Super August 2013

Emergency Ceremony time change how do I notify my guests?

TheNewMrsJ, on August 6, 2013 at 4:14 PM Posted in Planning 0 25
Saved Save

ADVICE ...Due to an unexpected issue at our Venue (possible big noise conflict with a venue next door) we have to move our ceremony time up from 6:30pm to 5:30pm. How would you go about notifying all of the guests. A. Have my wedding "Helper" call each of them. B. Email and text C. A card in the mail D. ANOTHER SUGGESTION. I'm panicking and irritated. Lol wedding is 8/24!

25 Comments

• Mrs. Ross2013
    Super November 2013
    Mrs. Ross2013 ·
    • Flag

HONESTLY: I would say A and C if you have time. but most important get in contact with them asap. bc the last thing you want is someone coming at 6:30, after the wedding has started. try to keep calm. its something that can be fixed fast. good luck. congrats few days away!

• L
    Super December 2014
    Loren A futr J ·
    • Flag

All of the above! Text call post email anything to get the word out!

• TJ (r&l)
    Dedicated November 2013
    TJ (r&l) ·
    • Flag

Maybe a combination of a call and a card in the mail. And post it to your wedding website!

• TooManyMistys
    Master June 2014
    TooManyMistys ·
    • Flag

I would personally contact each one and if I could afford to mail anything that would be nice too.

• Candice B.
    Master July 2013
    Candice B. ·
    • Flag

A and C

• Aronna
    Master October 2014
    Aronna ·
    • Flag

All of the above!

• Out the Window
    Master May 2014
    Out the Window ·
    • Flag

All of the above! Good luck!

Call first

Email and text saying we tried to call but FYI just in case!

Postcard WITH an envelope with a new time!

• Katie
    VIP May 2014
    Katie ·
    • Flag

All of the above! Get the whole bp involved!

• Mrs. Butler
    VIP August 2013
    Mrs. Butler ·
    • Flag

I agree, all of the above. It is time consuming, but you need to do it asap. So sorry to hear that is going on and causing extra stress.

• Singing Diva
    Expert May 2012
    Singing Diva ·
    • Flag

Call & email immediately.

Send the card as a reminder

• Kasey C.
    Super May 2016
    Kasey C. ·
    • Flag

I'd do all of the above, too. or at least do everything i could to try to let people know right away! and tell them to let people know also, just in case!

• Caitlin R.
    Devoted September 2013
    Caitlin R. ·
    • Flag

If you enlist FH and parents you could split up the list of people to call. Most important is to make sure everyone knows, and the only way to really guarantee that is to call.

• Shannon
    Master August 2013
    Shannon ·
    • Flag

I personally would e-mail and request each person just send an e-mail back just saying hey got it. And then call anyone who doesn't e-mail you back. That would cut down on how many calls you have to make and make sure everyone does get the memo.

• MrsC
    VIP January 2014
    MrsC ·
    • Flag

I would do all of the above. If I were your guest, as a forgetful person, I am going to put the card on my calender and keep the email so I see it daily.

• LadyCrystal
    VIP November 2013
    LadyCrystal ·
    • Flag

Card in the mail and call.

• TheNewMrsJ
    Super August 2013
    TheNewMrsJ ·
    • Flag

I agree with everyone...thanks for the advice. I bought some little cards that I'll send in the mail with stamps AGAIN! (can you say MORE MONEY! LOL) and next week I'll call/email to and make sure everyone received the card in the mail. Super Irritated...but hey, this too shall pass! :-) In a few weeks I'll be a WIFE! WOOOOOHOOOOOO!

• Mrs. A. Fernandez
    Master August 2014
    Mrs. A. Fernandez ·
    • Flag

I would do A & C. If you have everyone's email address, just send one message to multiple recipients. But, B., is good because more people may check their mail more often than their email.

• Married2013
    Master September 2013
    Married2013 ·
    • Flag

All of the above. Send out a written note. Call, text, email. Anything to get the point across!

• Valerie
    VIP September 2013
    Valerie ·
    • Flag

Get your BP to help!

• mrsrobinvalentine
    Master February 2014
    mrsrobinvalentine ·
    • Flag

All of the above and word of mouth. Text, email, calls & post on website. Have you WP help out & ask them follow up with a of list everyone that they were able to confirm the updated information. good luck

Comment on this discussion