We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Brie
Savvy July 2021

Do you flip a card???

Brie, on March 18, 2020 at 12:10 AM Posted in Planning 1 10
Saved Save

*Disclaimer: I wrote the following post earlier because I'm trying not to let this virus stress me out, so I'm moving forward and focusing on things that in the end aren't really important in the whole scheme of things. But I'm still curious on your thoughts, and having conversations not involving the virus is fun too. Smiley smile

Hi again!

So, the FH and I are finally getting to the invites. 5 days of endless back and forths! Weeeeeee! Anyways, we finally decided on a design on a flat card. We were thinking about RSVP cards or little website info cards, but now we're looking to do something different. We both like the idea of being more environmentally friendly and printing a little message on the back of the invite instead. Something like "For wedding information and to RSVP, please visit our website....." Half the paper, half the envelopes, half the stamps...and saving money is a bonus! BUT here's the thing! I worry people won't flip over the invite and see the message inviting them to our website! My FH lovingly thinks I'm a weirdo to think someone wouldn't flip the invite. He claims any normal human would flip a flat card and look at both sides. But I'm still skeptical!!

Let's take a poll! Would you flip after reading the front? Or just put it down?

Side note: I know this doesn't sound very formal or fancy by printing it on the back, but it fits us! And not one of our guests would even bat an eye at the idea. Smiley winking I just want their eyes to SEE it!

10 Comments

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    Typically I wouldn’t, but if there was no RSVP card and no link on the front, I would flip it over trying to find a way to RSVP.
  • Anna
    Expert April 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag

My invitation had the website in the back. What i did, when i mailed the invitations, i put the back facing the closing side. I don't know if that makes sense. I was thinking, this way people would first see it once they opened it. It worked cause everyone saw and rsvp'd on the website. I really hope that made sense lol.

• Brie
    Savvy July 2021
    Brie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

BRILLIANT! Thank you! Smiley smile

• Krys
    Dedicated October 2020
    Krys ·
    • Flag

Let me tell you. Even with things like tests in college people wouldn't flip the page over! It seems obvious to look on both sides but MANY people will not. We're sending save the dates and putting the website on them and i hand wrote on every single envelope *no formal invitation to follow. Please visit website for RSVP and additional info*. Unfortunately for many people, they have to be told. Maybe you could get a cute stamp that says "flip me over" to put on each invite or something!

• Mcskipper
    Master July 2018
    Mcskipper ·
    • Flag
    I had 2 sided RSVP cards with a NOTE ON THE FRONT to “see other side” ....only about half our guears flipped it over to see the questions about transportation and welcome party
  • Mcskipper
    Master July 2018
    Mcskipper ·
    • Flag
    Btw for what it’s worth, I think it’s totally appropriate and perfectly fine formality and etiquette-wise to print that very same line on the bottom of the front of your invitation. I’ve seen that a couple of times now and the invites still had a plenty formal look.
  • Brie
    Savvy July 2021
    Brie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you!!! I thought the same thing. Looks like we'll do it the traditional way. Smiley smile

• Brie
    Savvy July 2021
    Brie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oy! That's unfortunate! Ok, I'm sold on the extra card! Smiley smile

• Brie
    Savvy July 2021
    Brie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I wondered about that too! Thank you! It's a good idea.

• Kimberly
    Devoted March 2021
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    Hmmmm I was going to say people would definitely flip it over if there was no other RSVP info. They’d flip to find the info. But seeing others saying they had quests that didn’t even follow instructions on their invites I’m not so sure people would flip it. I would, but others? 😁

Comment on this discussion

Related articles