Katie
Just Said Yes May 2021

diy Wedding

Katie, on August 26, 2020 at 1:31 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 16
Saved Save

Hey everyone. I don't have a huge wedding budget, and I'm not trying to have anything super fancy, but I love DIY and I am hoping to do most of my wedding stuff as DIY. Do you guys have any good wedding DIY? Any pictures? I want to see your best craft skills.

16 Comments

Latest activity by Tori, on August 30, 2020 at 1:08 AM
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Mostly just my centerpieces I did myself
    diy Wedding 1
    diy Wedding 2

• Bo Miller
    Expert December 2020
    Bo Miller ·
    • Flag

I don't have a picture, but we built our lanterns for centerpieces out of wooden sticks bought at home depot and some stain. Saved us over $100 in the end on those. I am also making my own place cards, signs, and isle decor.

• Jessica
    Master September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    Here are a few of mine. Not all of my diys actually saved me money, but I got to customize them to us so it was worth it. diy Wedding 3
    Ring box from a curio box I found at hobby lobby
    diy Wedding 4
    Handfasting cord
    diy Wedding 5
    Flower girl ribbon wanddiy Wedding 6
    Trial crepe cake (for my birthday), this is what we’ll have for cake cutting.I planned to DIY invitations (we only needed 24), but I ran out of time waiting to see if the wedding could continue or not with Covid- I didn’t want to waste supplies just to scrap those invites and start over. I’ve been working on painting signs lately, but I don’t have any pictures of those projects yet. I’m a big crafter, so I dug into my stores for a lot of stuff.Definitely space out any projects you’re planning, and have fun with it! Good luck!
  • Bo Miller
    Expert December 2020
    Bo Miller ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That crepe cake looks delicious!

• Jessica
    Master September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks! I went a little thick with the ganache considering we’ll be doing cake at 10am, but that’s what trials are for!
  • Molly
    VIP September 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag
    My wedding is nearly completely diy. I save a ton of money, no circuit need either! diy Wedding 7

diy Wedding 8

diy Wedding 9

• Molly
    VIP September 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag
    diy Wedding 10

diy Wedding 11

Here are more
  • Bo Miller
    Expert December 2020
    Bo Miller ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Those jars with the pictures are so cute! Are they going to be used as centerpieces?

• Breann
    Devoted June 2020
    Breann ·
    • Flag

My stepdaughter and I made the cake, but we bought a LOT of stuff on Etsy since I don't trust my DIY skills....I'd look there for inspiration, save your favorites, and then you can compare the costs of purchasing vs DIY.

I wanted to make sure the handmade things we purchased looked nice. Sometimes DIY can look a bit tacky and that's another reason I didn't make anything except the cake and my veil. If I did it again, I would have purchased the veil off Etsy too because that ended up being really stressful.

• Molly
    VIP September 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! Yes we are going to put a few stems of baby’s breath in them 😊
  • Kieu
    Savvy October 2021
    Kieu ·
    • Flag

diy Wedding 12

I made these pressed flower resin place cards/coasters. I still need to calligraphy all of the guests names on them with a white paint pen. But I'm planning to put this on top of each guests plate/menu. I wanted something that was "reusable" as I think typically place cards get thrown out afterwards.
  • Rebelle Fleur
    Rockstar July 2021
    Rebelle Fleur ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Molly these are really good !!!
  • Molly
    VIP September 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!
  • Bo Miller
    Expert December 2020
    Bo Miller ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Super cute!

• Bo Miller
    Expert December 2020
    Bo Miller ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

These are so cool and look beautiful!

• Tori
    Dedicated November 2020
    Tori ·
    • Flag
    diy Wedding 13
    diy Wedding 14

diy Wedding 15

diy Wedding 16
    I’m a DIYer too. Here’s only a few projects of mine. At first I was on a very strict budget, but our parents were able to contribute much more than expected, so my DIYs got bigger and crazier. I would say I bit off more than I could chew. I’m noticing they are taking twice as long as I’d planned.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics