Tara
Devoted November 2015

DIY centerpieces

Tara, on June 7, 2015 at 1:30 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 12
Saved Save

I would love opinions/suggestions for these. (5B will be one of our table numbers since we are playing up that we have been long distance for 6 years and each table will represent an apartment number where one of us has lived) We will also have 4-6 frosted votives with gold glitter accents on the table. Also please ignore the hole on the top left I accidentally broke this one.

12 Comments

• Tara
    Devoted November 2015
    Tara ·
    • Flag

Close up of the bottom piece

• Shamaybecakes
    Super October 2015
    Shamaybecakes ·
    • Flag

I love it! Super cute! We are also using wine bottles in our centerpieces. Smiley smile

• TeamAndre
    Devoted July 2016
    TeamAndre ·
    • Flag

I like the idea of the wine bottle and I like the idea of the frosted glass table numbers. I do feel though, that the two of them together is a bit disjointed and does not flow very well. Perhaps you could have some tables with the wine bottle (creating it for table numbers) and others with the candles

• allysia
    Master April 2016
    allysia ·
    • Flag

I think I would prefer the bottle on its own. You can even place the table numbers directly on the bottle by using paint that resembles etched glass

http://www.createandcraft.com/pp/krylon-glass-frosting-aerosol-spray-12oz-clear-125671

• Annie & Javi
    Master October 2015
    Annie & Javi ·
    • Flag

I don't understand why the bottle is sitting inside of the frosted vase thing.

I actually don't care for the entire look. The flowers/fillers look like large versions of those clover things that grow wildly in fields, the blue bottle is a pretty color, but is completely thrown off by the frosted, plastic looking box with the Celtic twist design and the gold number/lettering. I feel the lettering would look better as silver.

However, I love the idea behind the table numbers, very sweet!

• Terri
    Expert July 2015
    Terri ·
    • Flag

Love the idea!! But if I can be honest don't really care for the thing the wine bottle is in but could you possible show us what the table would look like with the votive holders ?

Like you and Shaymay I'm doing wine bottles also. Smiley smile just remember we can give you opinions and ideas but it's your wedding you do what you think would be your taste and what you like !

• Shamaybecakes
    Super October 2015
    Shamaybecakes ·
    • Flag

Terri- love that! Super pretty!

• Terri
    Expert July 2015
    Terri ·
    • Flag

Thanks I also did what you did Smiley smile but I LOVE glitter lol yours are simple and sooo pretty!!!

• Imtheone4Him
    Master September 2015
    Imtheone4Him ·
    • Flag

@Tara I agree, i like the bottle and flower on its own. just food for thought, to incorporate your apartment number still you could make a label with your number on it, or hang a sign on the bottle almost like this do not disturb sign....but have your room number on it.?

• Robin
    VIP September 2015
    Robin ·
    • Flag

Pretty!

• Tara
    Devoted November 2015
    Tara ·
    • Flag

Thank you for all the input. I'm hoping the votives will help it look more connected when they come in. I will keep making changes and update/post again when I come up with the next draft. More suggestions are alway welcome!

• Rachel DellaPorte
    March 2020
    Rachel DellaPorte ·
    • Flag

You can tie all of the pieces together with a few adjustments. The blue bottle is pretty (I love cobalt blue glass). Take it out of the little box with the 5B on it. The shape of the bottle is an important aesthetic feature, so don't cut off the bottom by hiding it in the box. As for the two flowers, cut the taller one down a little (for this type of minimal arrangement, the top of one flower should be pretty close to the bottom of the other flower) and remove the green leaves from both stems (they add nothing to the piece and are fighting against the simple, clean lines of the bottle and the stems). Add Curly Willow branches -- you can get them from the grocery store (spray paint them gold and they will visually connect to the gold number on the box and the gold glitter accents on the table). You only need one branch per vase -- and you only need the top portion where the branch divides into two smaller branches. Their natural height (3 - 4 feet) is way taller than you need for a wine bottle container, and once you see them, you'll understand where you should cut them. Then, put a votive candle (preferably in the pink color of the flowers of the dark blue of the bottle) inside the 5B glass box. Put it next to your blue bottle as your table number. As long as all of the pieces reference each other, it will work.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics