Lindsey
Savvy December 2020

Did you ask all your bridesmaids to be in your party on the same day?

Lindsey, on October 29, 2019 at 9:13 PM Posted in Planning 0 39
Saved
How did everyone ask their bridesmaids to be in their party? (Setting). Were you able to make it to each of them in the same day?

39 Comments

Latest activity by Valerie, on November 4, 2019 at 7:38 AM
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    No, I asked them all individually whenever we could get together for coffee/dinner/whatever. They were all within a couple weeks of each other.
  • Ann
    Devoted September 2021
    Ann ·
    • Flag
    I didn’t ask them all on the same day, some of them were weeks apart. Whenever you were randomly hanging out I gave them their box. I didn’t want them to suspect a thing
  • Future Mrs. Danger
    Expert November 2019
    Future Mrs. Danger ·
    • Flag
    No, i asked them all individually. To me thats a private moment and I wanted them to think for a moment before accepting. Its a big commitment, so I didn't want to put people on the spot infront of others.
  • Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

I asked a couple of them on the same day at different times. My FH did the same thing. Of course for him, it took forever to complete his side because he lags sssooooo much! lol

• Abby
    Dedicated October 2020
    Abby ·
    • Flag
    I got my bridesmaids little gifts of a champagne glass with their name on it and a mini bottle of champagne with a personalized card. 4 out of 5 of them came on a weekend trip with my fiancé and I in a big group of friends about a month after our engagement and I gave them all the gifts at the same time. The 5th girl lived further away and I had to mail hers to her but I FaceTimed her while she opened it. It was fun to have most of them all together and then we opened up a big bottle of champagne to celebrate!
  • Hannah
    Master July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    I did them all on different days. I took each girl out for lunch/coffee. I had gotten cheap but cute totes from TJ Maxx that said bridesmaid/maid of honor on them, printed some photographs I had with them from over the years, had a dollar store flower, and a hand written card explaining how important they were in my life and how I would be honored to have them there on my special day (along with a [plastic] champagne glass and mini bottle of prosecco). I then took each girl out (well 3 out of the 4) and asked, presenting them with the gift. The other lives far out of state and I knew she wasn't visiting anytime soon and I couldn't visit her anytime soon, so I shipped her the package without telling her anything because she likes surprises (I've done similar things for her birthday). I wanted each to be individual to that person.
  • Sheryl
    Savvy June 2020
    Sheryl ·
    • Flag
    So, I haven’t asked all of them just yet, just my FSILs since theyre out of state so I mailed theirs to them. But I made cute little boxes with their names on it and added a candle and lotion in it. Plus like a little “booklet” with our colors and fabric suggestions, and a card that asks them. But, I’m planning to hopefully find a time that we can all go out to brunch/lunch/dinner where I can give it to them. I think I’d go crazy doing each person individually especially since my schedule is super busy.
  • Alyssa
    Super December 2021
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    No way. All my BMs live a plane away from me so it basically consisted of me texting them “you’re going to be my bridesmaid, right?” 😂
  • Shelby
    Expert November 2020
    Shelby ·
    • Flag
    2 of them already know that they are in the wedding, one is FSIL and the other is my current SIL from my brother, my third girl has no idea. However, I have a box made for each of them and will be asking them all at the same time 😊. Also, FSIL will be finding out that she is the MOH.
  • Jade
    Devoted August 2021
    Jade ·
    • Flag
    I haven’t asked yet, but I’m planning to ask them altogether! FH & I are planning on having a brunch at our place, and announcing bridesmaids + groomsmen together. All of our bridesmaids + groomsmen happen to be friends already though! So that makes this setup easier for us. I still think it could work for anyone though! I would have done it either way 😊
  • Jennifer
    Devoted September 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

I asked mine all at different times, but tried to coordinate so that it was all within the same week. 2 live out of state, 1 lives on the other side of the world, only 1 lives in my city. Haha. It made timing a little complicated but they each got their proposal boxes around the same time (except for the out of country one - still don't know how to get it to her Smiley xd ).

I'd say if they're in the same circle of friends, try to do it around the same time (or together, if that's comfortable for you and them) so they know they can chat about wedding stuff with the others.

• Caitlin
    Devoted September 2021
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    I asked MOH first actually several months before I got engaged, then confirmed after the fact. Asked two bridesmaids at the same time because we are close and were hanging out together. I have not asked the other two yet, plan to ask one during the holiday season and the other will be shortly after.
  • Maria
    Dedicated June 2020
    Maria ·
    • Flag
    No, I asked all of mine on different days. With everyone being so busy with work and kids, I tried to work around their schedule. Plus I liked the fact that I got to spend quality time with them individually.
  • Rachel
    Devoted November 2019
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    Yes. My FH asked him groomsmen the same day too. We hosted a dinner party where we gave everyone their gifts officially asking. It was fun for all of us to get together and drink and play games
  • Sophie
    Devoted June 2021
    Sophie ·
    • Flag
    All of my BM’s are out of town but I managed to ask them all in person over the course of a few months. 3 of them I asked together and the rest I asked individually with a framed photo of the 2 of us and a personal note.
  • Nicole
    Master September 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    All separate days here, too. Asked my sister to be my MOH last Christmas with a personalized box (she lives out of state and I wanted to ask in person), asked another bridesmaid with a box in August when we saw each other in person (only happens once every couple of months due to schedules), and then my roommate at a cake decorating class in September (had a custom cake topper made to ask her).
  • Renee
    Super October 2020
    Renee ·
    • Flag

I text my bridesmaids to ask them. They weren't all the same day because we changed the bridal party around and we decided to add to it.

They all immediately said yes and told me they were excited and honored to be apart of my big day, even though I only sent them a simple text.

• Chloe
    Devoted October 2020
    Chloe ·
    • Flag
    My six bridesmaids/bridesman are all over the country so I wrote them individual Heartfelt letters and bought bracelets that I sealed in envelopes and mailed to them. I thought everyone loves getting mail (at least I do lol) and I was really able to express my love for each of them. They all called me after they received their letter and said yes!
  • Amanda
    VIP December 2020
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

Not at all. My BM's are also not all local so they did not all get their boxes at the same time.

• Amber
    Master February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag

I didn't ask any of them on the same day, but it was all within the same week.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics