We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Allison
Dedicated December 2020

Destination/vegas Wedding Opinions

Allison, on May 22, 2020 at 10:32 PM Posted in Planning 0 6
Saved Save

I desperately need help/opinions. We have been engaged since 12/31/2018. We've always toyed with the idea of a destination wedding, specifically Vegas but were really pretty open to anywhere. Well we decided on a traditional wedding and have had a venue booked since April 2019. They called today and completely blindsided me. They were arguing that we owed them money for a year that was unpaid (not true and I have documentation proving it). They cancelled our wedding and immediately put our date back on the calendar as available for any other bride.

We only had a photographer and month of coordinator booked, along with the venue. With the way they talked to me and treated me today, I refuse to get married there even if we could sort it out. SO

We are 6 months from wedding day. We've moved the date once and I don't want to move it again. We'll be getting married Dec 5, 2020 somewhere, we just don't know where. We're thinking now we should just scratch the traditional wedding altogether and go somewhere.

My questions are: If you had/are having a destination wedding, where are you going and why did you choose it? Does anyone have recommendations of locations in Las Vegas or elsewhere to have a wedding ceremony and reception that would allow us to have our own photographer?

Thanks in advance! It's been a stressful day.

6 Comments

• Michelle
    Dedicated November 2020
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

Mine is in Jamaica. It is both of our happy places. It’s is one of the most beautiful place. I wanted everyone to experience the culture and love. The scenery will create stunning wedding photos. Doubles as a vacation and honeymoon. And to be honest I could reduce the guest list this way without hurt feelings lol

• J
    Super June 2023
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    Pretty much anywhere that is not a hotel or chapel will allow you to have your own photographer. Check out Springs Preserve or Red Rock Canyon. The venue/vendor tab at the top of the page has several more ideas.
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    We had a DW in our same state, but it was an 8-hour drive or 1-hour flight for most guests. We chose Napa Valley, CA because it’s a delicious place for guests and felt so romantic. We ended up doing a micro-wedding (15 guests) due to costs for us and guests and hosted a local reception for 50 guests three months later. Loved both!
  • Rebecca
    Rockstar August 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

Oh, wow, that sounds like grounds for talking to a lawyer!

• Elizabeth
    Expert June 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

We're doing a traditional wedding, so I have no advice on the DW, but I hope you aren't losing money on that venue! If you have documentation that you aren't late on payments, I would definitely talk to a lawyer and get every cent back from them.

• Jasmine
    Rockstar February 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

I live in Vegas and there are so many options. If you choose Vegas, I hope one of these interests you. If not, there's definitely more possibilities. Good luck!

The Mob Museum
    High Roller Observation Wheel
    Hot Air Balloon
    Mansion 54
    Mt. Charleston
    Lake Las Vegas
    Eiffel Tower
    Neon Museum
    Venetian - Gondola Ride
    Bellagio Fountains
    Titanic Grand Staircase
    Maverick Helicopter Weddings