Hi everyone. This week, I signed a whole bunch of new contracts to change our wedding to Sept 4, 2021. Since it was so far in advance, I was able to get my entire vendor team on board. Whew.
I just gotta say, I'm sooo relieved we're pushing ours back a year. We don't have to stress about travel restrictions this year anymore. To commemorate our original date, we're eloping at the hiking trail where my fiance proposed to me. So yes, we're still getting married, but with only 4 people in attendance. I'm so excited about this!!
I may be the only bride out there that sees this COVID-19 as an opportunity. It's allowing me to have the intimate small ceremony I kinda wish I had while I was planning this massive 300 person party. It just didn't make sense for me to do the elopement then celebrate later. With everything going on, now it does.
I hope all you Sept 5 brides find peace with whatever you decide to do. I'm happy with the decisions my fiance and I have made.
How's everyone feeling right now? I think my fiance & I have come to terms that we'll most likely postpone. Its been a roller coaster of emotions, let me tell you! But in the end we know that it's for the best. We'll be getting married in Maui so 99% of our guests will have to fly in and I'm not sure that I feel comfortable asking our closest friends & family to hop on a plane right now. Even though the world appears to be opening back up again, we just dont want to run that risk. Wishing you all the best!
It's done! My fiance and I officially sent out notice to all vendors and guests our September 5th wedding is postpone. It's the best difficult decision I had to make but it's too much going on right now to even plan a wedding. Most likely we will do September 4th next year...however we did not bring this to the attention of our guests nor vendors at this time. I'm just blessed to see my relationship evolve into something more beautiful as we go through this time in life together. I cant wait to celebrate in love when the time permits. 🥰however in remembrance of.#9/5/2020 date I'm thinking of doing a romantic dinner with just us two. Or have a shower that's super simple and low key for the both of us with some of our closest friends in the area.🤔 ....what are you ladies planning to do??
Ooof, I feel you.... it's been a freakin' roller coaster. Lots of tears and frustration! I thought we would have to cancel. Then the venues said we should be okay by then after we got the 4-Phase plan in place. However, it's hard to say what will happen from now until then. Now we are not sure, as people are cancelling attending our bachelor/ette parties at the end of July, so it makes me wonder what else would change in 4 weeks to want to attend our weddings? It's all so hard....
Having a destination seems SO hard too.. I'm so sorry. Sending you lots of love!
Right now, outdoor gatherings are allowed up to 100 people, but you must wear face masks, social distance, and sanitize everything after use. I heard dancing may not be allowed, or if so - it would have to be 6 feet apart unless you're a couple.
We are still waiting, but at this point I don't see how much will change from then till now. Things are starting to slowly open up, but I don't see how they can't permit face masks and social distancing by then.
We are thinking of having a smaller wedding/glorified party in my parents backyard and waiting until next year to do a big celebration.
3/5 of my fiances groomsmen may not even come because of family with low immunities/babies at home.
View Quoted Comment
I hear ya! That’s where we are at too. Three months isn’t far off and even if things are slowly opening back up doesn’t mean anything! This infection can take a turn for the worse at any time!
We will probably do a small ceremony/reception to and do the big party later. But it’s just so hard excepting that since I’ve dreamt of this day for so long looking so different. I hope we both can figure this out!!
Still holding strong to September 5 in Upsate, NY! Cuomo is allowing high school graduations up to 150 people at the end of June. I’m very hopeful as long as people stay healthy the reigns will continue to loosen. Best of luck!
I agree! Things are looking promising right now .... but unfortunately not enough to move forward. Silly to think that my biggest worry before this was whether it was going to rain, lol. We just made the decision to postpone to February 27, 2021. As heartbreaking as that is, I feel at peace knowing that it was the best decision for us and for our situation. Hawaii is still deciding how to open tourism back up and are imposing hefty fines for those that fly in and dont abide by the 14 day quarantine. It wouldn't be practical to ask our guests to take a 3 week vacation just to attend our wedding. Best of luck to you as well, sending you good vibes!
Hey ladies! Sorry for everyone's stress this is SUCH a horrible roller coaster. We were sticking in out for the date and assuming we'd have to minimize the guest list. We even sent an email to everyone explaining that we were sticking to the date and to please be patient while we figured how to do it safely and letting them know in advance we may have to cut the guest list.
A few days later our governor (NJ) allowed outdoor gatherings up to 100 people and stated that he aimed to allow up to 250 by the end of the month! Out ceremony and reception were both scheduled to be outdoors anyways so this is great news for us. However now our venue is playing chicken with us and stated that they cancelled all events up to 8/14 and they can't tell us anything about our date right ow. They are owned by a university so they have to do whatever the university says...
I am floored. Went from being sad about a smaller wedding to being happy about the possibility of maybe a normal size, to wondering if we will be allowed to do it at all!
Postponing does not work for us. We are 33 and want to start trying for a family. If anything we will probably do family only in someone's backyard and have a party for our one year but I'm so exhausted with all of this a part of me wants to cancel everything
View Quoted Comment
@maya- Try to stick it out/stall for another few weeks. Forget the whole 6-8 weeks invitation in advance. Since we’re in a surreal circumstance I probably won’t be sending mine until 5ish weeks out. Most of my guests already know the date and are on stand-by and don’t have any other plans anyway! Numbers are lowering. I truly feel if you wait a few more weeks you’ll have a more definitive answer. Whether it be from the university or your governor, you’ll know soon.
We have decided to have a microwedding in Savannah, GA with my parents and our bridal parties only. We will end up having our smal wedding 9/6 this year. We are postponing the big wedding to 9/5 next year to celebrate with all our friends and family. This is our second time postponing so we are so use to this now. It does get better guys - please be strong !
Our original wedding date was supposed to be April 25th this year and the day was sad but also super happy. I can't believe I actually get to marry my man in less than three months - yay!
Well everyone we have decided to change from September 5, 2020 to December 19, 2020. It was hard to let it go but I feel much better knowing what we are going to do, as well as, not being in limbo anymore. So, there you have it. Let's keep HOPE alive.💕
We changed our date from July 4th to September 5th! There were a lot of restrictions announced yesterday, but we're holding to our date. We are only allowed to have 10 people at our wedding. It's hard to make the last minute changes but we saw it coming. Now we are basically doing a DIY reception. A nice intimate family lunch at our original venue.