We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Christina
Savvy August 2021

Couples getting married on September 5, 2020

Christina, on August 23, 2019 at 10:07 PM

Posted in Planning 89

Hey September 5th planners! What progress have you all made?
Hey September 5th planners! What progress have you all made?

89 Comments

• J
    Beginner September 2021
    Jenn
    • Flag

Hi everyone. This week, I signed a whole bunch of new contracts to change our wedding to Sept 4, 2021. Since it was so far in advance, I was able to get my entire vendor team on board. Whew.

I just gotta say, I'm sooo relieved we're pushing ours back a year. We don't have to stress about travel restrictions this year anymore. To commemorate our original date, we're eloping at the hiking trail where my fiance proposed to me. So yes, we're still getting married, but with only 4 people in attendance. I'm so excited about this!!

I may be the only bride out there that sees this COVID-19 as an opportunity. It's allowing me to have the intimate small ceremony I kinda wish I had while I was planning this massive 300 person party. It just didn't make sense for me to do the elopement then celebrate later. With everything going on, now it does.

I hope all you Sept 5 brides find peace with whatever you decide to do. I'm happy with the decisions my fiance and I have made. Smiley smile

• Reasie
    Dedicated June 2021
    Reasie
    • Flag
    Before the pandemic, I was prepared to marry on June 27. Now we're hoping this will be the magic date. 馃懓馃徑馃挏
  • Jessica
    Beginner February 2021
    Jessica
    • Flag

How's everyone feeling right now? I think my fiance & I have come to terms that we'll most likely postpone. Its been a roller coaster of emotions, let me tell you! But in the end we know that it's for the best. We'll be getting married in Maui so 99% of our guests will have to fly in and I'm not sure that I feel comfortable asking our closest friends & family to hop on a plane right now. Even though the world appears to be opening back up again, we just dont want to run that risk. Wishing you all the best!

• Daniella
    Dedicated July 2021
    Daniella
    • Flag
    It's done! My fiance and I officially sent out notice to all vendors and guests our September 5th wedding is postpone. It's the best difficult decision I had to make but it's too much going on right now to even plan a wedding. Most likely we will do September 4th next year...however we did not bring this to the attention of our guests nor vendors at this time. I'm just blessed to see my relationship evolve into something more beautiful as we go through this time in life together. I cant wait to celebrate in love when the time permits. 馃グhowever in remembrance of.#9/5/2020 date I'm thinking of doing a romantic dinner with just us two. Or have a shower that's super simple and low key for the both of us with some of our closest friends in the area.馃 ....what are you ladies planning to do??
  • Jasmin
    Beginner September 2020
    Jasmin
    • Flag

How have things changed for everyone for September wedding? HAVE they changed?

• Jasmin
    Beginner September 2020
    Jasmin
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I'm with you on this Christina. The panic is setting in! I have a full outdoor wedding, but right now they limit 100 people and people are "required" (recommended) to wear masks...

I feel the same about post-poning, we don't want to do this. We are thinking of doing a small intimate ceremony, but then - what happens if everything is okay by then!?

• Jasmin
    Beginner September 2020
    Jasmin
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Ooof, I feel you.... it's been a freakin' roller coaster. Lots of tears and frustration! I thought we would have to cancel. Then the venues said we should be okay by then after we got the 4-Phase plan in place. However, it's hard to say what will happen from now until then. Now we are not sure, as people are cancelling attending our bachelor/ette parties at the end of July, so it makes me wonder what else would change in 4 weeks to want to attend our weddings? It's all so hard....

Having a destination seems SO hard too.. I'm so sorry. Sending you lots of love!

• Christina
    Dedicated September 2020
    Christina
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Where do you live? I just don鈥檛 know what to do! I feel like whichever decision I make will be the wrong one!
  • Jasmin
    Beginner September 2020
    Jasmin
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We are in Washington state, north of Seattle.

Right now, outdoor gatherings are allowed up to 100 people, but you must wear face masks, social distance, and sanitize everything after use. I heard dancing may not be allowed, or if so - it would have to be 6 feet apart unless you're a couple.

We are still waiting, but at this point I don't see how much will change from then till now. Things are starting to slowly open up, but I don't see how they can't permit face masks and social distancing by then.

We are thinking of having a smaller wedding/glorified party in my parents backyard and waiting until next year to do a big celebration.

3/5 of my fiances groomsmen may not even come because of family with low immunities/babies at home.

It's all heartbreaking and so frustrating.

• Christina
    Dedicated September 2020
    Christina
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I hear ya! That鈥檚 where we are at too. Three months isn鈥檛 far off and even if things are slowly opening back up doesn鈥檛 mean anything! This infection can take a turn for the worse at any time!

We will probably do a small ceremony/reception to and do the big party later. But it鈥檚 just so hard excepting that since I鈥檝e dreamt of this day for so long looking so different.
    I hope we both can figure this out!!
  • Julie
    Savvy September 2020
    Julie
    • Flag
    Still holding strong to September 5 in Upsate, NY! Cuomo is allowing high school graduations up to 150 people at the end of June. I鈥檓 very hopeful as long as people stay healthy the reigns will continue to loosen. Best of luck!
  • Jessica
    Beginner February 2021
    Jessica
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I agree! Things are looking promising right now .... but unfortunately not enough to move forward. Silly to think that my biggest worry before this was whether it was going to rain, lol. We just made the decision to postpone to February 27, 2021. As heartbreaking as that is, I feel at peace knowing that it was the best decision for us and for our situation. Hawaii is still deciding how to open tourism back up and are imposing hefty fines for those that fly in and dont abide by the 14 day quarantine. It wouldn't be practical to ask our guests to take a 3 week vacation just to attend our wedding. Best of luck to you as well, sending you good vibes!

• Maya
    Savvy September 2020
    Maya
    • Flag

Hey ladies! Sorry for everyone's stress this is SUCH a horrible roller coaster. We were sticking in out for the date and assuming we'd have to minimize the guest list. We even sent an email to everyone explaining that we were sticking to the date and to please be patient while we figured how to do it safely and letting them know in advance we may have to cut the guest list.

A few days later our governor (NJ) allowed outdoor gatherings up to 100 people and stated that he aimed to allow up to 250 by the end of the month! Out ceremony and reception were both scheduled to be outdoors anyways so this is great news for us. However now our venue is playing chicken with us and stated that they cancelled all events up to 8/14 and they can't tell us anything about our date right ow. They are owned by a university so they have to do whatever the university says...

I am floored. Went from being sad about a smaller wedding to being happy about the possibility of maybe a normal size, to wondering if we will be allowed to do it at all!

Postponing does not work for us. We are 33 and want to start trying for a family. If anything we will probably do family only in someone's backyard and have a party for our one year but I'm so exhausted with all of this a part of me wants to cancel everything Smiley sad

• Julie
    Savvy September 2020
    Julie
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    @maya- Try to stick it out/stall for another few weeks. Forget the whole 6-8 weeks invitation in advance. Since we鈥檙e in a surreal circumstance I probably won鈥檛 be sending mine until 5ish weeks out. Most of my guests already know the date and are on stand-by and don鈥檛 have any other plans anyway! Numbers are lowering. I truly feel if you wait a few more weeks you鈥檒l have a more definitive answer. Whether it be from the university or your governor, you鈥檒l know soon.
  • Christina
    Savvy August 2021
    Christina
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I postponed my wedding to May 29th. I have too many family members and friends traveling from NYC. Their safety is far more important.
  • Daniella
    Dedicated July 2021
    Daniella
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I get it...I still haven't chose a new date yet. I'm thinking of using the same weekend in September.
  • Cassandra
    Devoted September 2021
    Cassandra
    • Flag

We have decided to have a microwedding in Savannah, GA with my parents and our bridal parties only. We will end up having our smal wedding 9/6 this year. We are postponing the big wedding to 9/5 next year to celebrate with all our friends and family. This is our second time postponing so we are so use to this now. It does get better guys - please be strong Smiley heart !

Our original wedding date was supposed to be April 25th this year and the day was sad but also super happy. I can't believe I actually get to marry my man in less than three months - yay!

• Erica
    Savvy June 2024
    Erica
    • Flag
    Well everyone we have decided to change from September 5, 2020 to December 19, 2020. It was hard to let it go but I feel much better knowing what we are going to do, as well as, not being in limbo anymore. So, there you have it. Let's keep HOPE alive.馃挄
  • Gabrielle
    Dedicated September 2020
    Gabrielle
    • Flag
    We changed our date from July 4th to September 5th!
    There were a lot of restrictions announced yesterday, but we're holding to our date.
    We are only allowed to have 10 people at our wedding.
    It's hard to make the last minute changes but we saw it coming. Now we are basically doing a DIY reception. A nice intimate family lunch at our original venue.
  • Debra
    Dedicated September 2020
    Debra
    • Flag

Congrats to all couples married on September 5th !

We were married at The Belmond Hotel, Santa Barbara, CA.

September 5, 2020 at 5:00 PM

John Clark Gable & Debra Hartsell Gable Wedding

Couples getting married on September 5, 2020 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics