We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Christina
Savvy August 2021

Couples getting married on September 5, 2020

Christina, on August 23, 2019 at 10:07 PM

Posted in Planning 89

Hey September 5th planners! What progress have you all made?
Hey September 5th planners! What progress have you all made?

89 Comments

• Lakeya
    Savvy January 2021
    Lakeya
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Take a breath , one decision at at time
  • Sarah
    Just Said Yes September 2020
    Sarah
    • Flag
    Yes! Has anybody found that some rental companies charge more for labor day weekend?!
    Ive booked the venue- DJ, Day of Coordinator and Photo Booth (we went with one company that provides all three). Just booked photographer and she does engagement photos too so will probably send save the dates in Jan/Feb. We are Soo close to booking a caterer we're narrowed down to two and just need to taste! And we are upgrading to chiavari chairs bc our venue only has folding chairs so we booked those.
    Getting there...I was waiting until spring to get mine and my bridesmaids dresses is that too late?! I want to get into better shape first 馃槄
  • J
    Beginner September 2021
    Jenn
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Will you be selecting a dress to order or off the rack? If you're looking order, I suggest you start researching soon because it takes time to have it made. (~6-8 months? and ~3 months to alter it). If you're looking for a dress off the rack, I think you'll be fine. There's no harm in finding a dress, losing weight, and altering it. I've been told it's much easier to take a dress in than let it out. Smiley smile

• Lakeya
    Savvy January 2021
    Lakeya
    • Flag
    Hey September planners,
    Waiting on dress to be shipped next week ! Search is on for guest book and favors and reception decor.
  • Caley
    Dedicated September 2021
    Caley
    • Flag
    Hi all! Here鈥檚 what we鈥檝e booked/reserved so far:
    -Venue and catering
    -Photographer-Officiant-Florist-Dress-DJ-Room block (might need to book another)
    We鈥檙e going to a tasting with a potential cake vendor in January, so hopefully that鈥檚 checked off soon. Also debating on hiring a videographer, so we鈥檒l see about that... otherwise, it鈥檚 all about the smaller things! Going to DIY a lot of decor, get signs printed, order bridesmaid dresses, purchase gifts, get my dress altered, etc. during these next nine months.
  • Sarah
    Sarah
    • Flag
    What are you guys finding the caterers are charging for buffet per person?
    We keep getting that the average is $25/person but when we get all the delivery fees and service fees and tax added on were closer to $45-$50 per person!

Also is anyone doing DIY bar and supplying their own liquor? We are struggling to find a good bartender package.
  • Sarah
    Savvy June 2022
    Sarah
    • Flag
    September 05.2020
    I鈥檝e ordered my dress, still waiting for it to come in!
    And found/book the perfect venue that comes catered! Decided on bridal party Booked an appointment at David鈥檚 bridal for bridesmaids/MOH to try on dresses Sent out paperless Save the Dates. Decided where are honeymoon/family vacation is going to be.
  • Stbrod
    Just Said Yes December 2020
    Stbrod
    • Flag

Booked our venue which includes catering, decorations, open bar and cake.

Booked DJ.

Booked Church.

Booked Photographer.

Will be dress shopping this weekend.

Will be mailing our STD magnets at the end of the month - they just arrived last week.

• Miss2Mrs2020
    Dedicated October 2020
    Miss2Mrs2020
    • Flag
    Engaged now for about a month...just searching for the Venezuelan now!
  • Katelyn
    Savvy May 2021
    Katelyn
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I actually did notice this! Some places charged more and obviously more for a Saturday! We got lucky that the place we chose wasn鈥檛 up charging!
  • Erica
    Savvy June 2024
    Erica
    • Flag
    Hey to all my Sept 5, wedding day twins!!! How are you feeling??? We are 207 days away from THE BEST DAY EVER!!!馃榿馃槏馃挄 What do you still need? Are any of you wearing a veil and who did you decide to use for your caterers? Also, were you able to get any good discounts for anything?
    Just remember enjoy every single second...even the crazy ones where you want to pull your hair out. I'm looking for a veil but I want lots of bling on it馃ぉ. I'll let you know what i find.
  • Laveda
    Savvy September 2021
    Laveda
    • Flag

Hello wedding twin! We have our venue booked which is all inclusive (food, beverages, table linen, etc) and the date reserved at our church. We also have our DJ & Photographer booked. I have schedule the brides maid dress fitting for 2/16/20 and I will be mailing out our Save the Dates the week of 2/17/20. So now I am working on reception venue decorations, guest favors, bouquets & boutonnieres along with gathering some pictures for our slide show presentation at the reception. I have yet to choose a wedding dresses for myself, I'm debating on a brick and mortar store or online store to purchase my dress. Good luck to you on planning your special day and note that everything will work to you and the groom liking.

• Erica
    Savvy June 2024
    Erica
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That is so awesome. I too am looking at online dresses. I went dress shopping for the experience and it was wonderful and now i know what i like and what i want. I also talked with alterations express about if a dress need to be altered and when to make an appointment...they are very efficient and said they only need 6 weeks (at most) out from wedding day to alter it and have 2 fittings. Sounds like you've got everything all together.
  • Sarah
    Sarah
    • Flag
    I got my dress about 2 weeks ago, picked out the bridesmaid dresses, and ordered the flower girl dresses. Alterations aren't for a few months still. Today I bought wedding day jewelry from Olive + Piper. Check them out they have really cute well priced stuff.
    I also ordered from shutterfly a guest book with our engagement photos in it and ordered save the date magnets from vistaprint aswell as wedding invites and reply cards. We booked our florist recently and our officiant. We found a great videographer that charges less than 2k which was not easy to find, so we just booked them too.
    I found some super cute bridal shoes from bella belle..but they are so expensive!!! If anybody finds a knockoff version I'd love to hear about it because I cant spend $300 on shoes I'll wear once
  • Molly
    VIP September 2020
    Molly
    • Flag
    Hi! I鈥檓 getting married September 5th 2020 in Upper Lake California! So far we have a photographer (back Friday sale!), my dress (Black Friday deal too!), our venue, our DJ and our Caterer secured! I can鈥檛 wait! We are doing a Red white and I do bbq!
  • Rachael
    Expert May 2021
    Rachael
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hi wedding twin! I got my veil when I got my dress, but looking online at Etsy and other websites there's tons of affordable blinged out veils. I got great discounts at Christmas on my save the date magnets from simplytoimpress.com. I'm currently trying to figure out centerpieces and just overall decorations. Good luck planning 馃榿
  • Eugenia
    Savvy June 2020
    Eugenia
    • Flag
    Congratulations all . Sep 5th HERE!! I鈥檓 so excited and nervous!!
  • Molly
    VIP September 2020
    Molly
    • Flag

Save the dates sent out, dress bought and fits like a glove, invitations ready to go out, venue, cake, catering, tables and chairs, bridesmaid dresses, centerpieces made, decor DIYed, wedding shoes, photographer.

We still need to find vests for the groom and groomsmen and buy or beer and wine and finish saving money!

• Miss2Mrs2020
    Dedicated October 2020
    Miss2Mrs2020
    • Flag
    I JUST SAID YES TO THE DRESS! (Last night)

I was THIS close to just wearing jeans and a t-shirt!
  • Erica
    Savvy June 2024
    Erica
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That is super exciting!!!!!!!!馃榿馃帀 Congratulations. Now you don't have to wear jeans and a tshirt.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics