Skip to main content
Christina
Savvy May 2021

Corona bride freaking out of here!

Christina, on April 14, 2020 at 8:46 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 4
Saved
Hi everyone! I really need some advice or thoughts. I had to postpone my wedding on 6/5 to 8/28. Initially I was thinking August would be fine and things would be much better then. My fear now is how in the world is 150 people going to be at a wedding in one church/reception area when more than 10 people can’t be in a room together now. Should I honestly just postpone to next year if August doesn’t work out? The venue gave me another back up date of 11/6 but it’s just getting more and more frustrating and the joy of wedding planning seems to be completely gone. I totally don’t mean to complain just very upsetting. I’ve had this dream of this wedding ever since I was a little girl and it’s completely ripped away now. Thinking of every 2020 bride!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Gina, on April 15, 2020 at 10:12 PM
  • Rachael
    Expert May 2021
    Rachael ·
    • Flag
    I'm scheduled for September 5th and right now I'm just waiting it out which is what a lot of August and later brides on here have been mentioning
  • Katelin
    Savvy July 2020
    Katelin ·
    • Flag
    We are scheduled for July 25th and right now my vendor and photographer told me to wait on postponing. We will most likely be picking a backup date if things aren’t cleared up by the end of May. But I’m with you, girly. My mom and I talked today and we’re wondering if weddings will even be “open & running” even in the fall 😔 stay positive and take it day by day! That’s what I’m trying to do.
  • Carolyn
    Savvy October 2021
    Carolyn ·
    • Flag
    We postponed 9-19-20 to 10-16-21. There is just too much unknown and stress this year to predict how a large scale event will look.
  • Gina
    WeddingWire Administrator April 2021
    Gina ·
    • Flag

Hi Christina,

This is definitely a crazy stressful and uncertain time for everyone! It seems like a lot of July brides are waiting a few more weeks before making postponement decisions, but everyone's situation is different and it never hurts to be proactive about plan b!

You also aren't alone right now! ❤️

There are a ton of July brides also talking about their Covid-19 concerns in this discussion:

June and July Brides do not stress Covid-19!!!

And here's another discussion specifically about July 2020 Weddings! OsQM71bUJ0Qu4ly8UKJOrw-4MNRCjpvLo-YljRdj

I'm so sorry you had to change your plans, but I'm so glad you've locked down a new date!! BOpClAR83wqJF1bFtFERgypV_BICZsbBvwcIMhTa

Stay positive and hang in there!! You've bought yourself a lot more time and hopefully more peace of mind!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics