Lynnie
WeddingWire Administrator October 2016

Champagne - Need to Have or Nice to Have?

Lynnie, on August 20, 2019 at 12:06 PM

Posted in Wedding Reception 136

It's time to pop the bubbly! 馃嵕 If you have it! With tons of other boozy decisions like flat rate or consumption, top shelf or middle tier, liquor or just wine and beer - it can be easy to forget about the champagne! While champagne toasts used to be a top tradition, it's just as easy to cheers...

It's time to pop the bubbly! 馃嵕 If you have it! Smiley surprise With tons of other boozy decisions like flat rate or consumption, top shelf or middle tier, liquor or just wine and beer - it can be easy to forget about the champagne! While champagne toasts used to be a top tradition, it's just as easy to cheers with whatever drink is already in your glass.

How do you feel about champagne? Is it a 'need to have' or a 'nice to have'?馃

cfb_1264651.jpg

Photo from The Carolina Inn in Chapel Hill, NC

Next Question: Wedding Cake?

Back to the Beginning: Need to Have or Nice to Have?

136 Comments

• Lana
    Dedicated October 2019
    Lana
    • Flag
    Well we decided to have a cash bar and champagne for the toast. My FH don鈥檛 drink so he was okay with having the cash bar for the first to purchase their on drinks.
  • Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine
    • Flag

Nice to have

• D
    Just Said Yes October 2019
    Doretta
    • Flag

Nice to have not not needed. We are using Moscata and Sparkling Grape Juice for children

• Nathalie
    Just Said Yes November 2019
    Nathalie
    • Flag
    Nice to have. We are doing open bar for our cocktail hour and reception where champagne is available, if guest prefer.
  • Jessica
    Jessica
    • Flag
    Nice to have
  • Future Mrs. Polar Bear
    Super April 2019
    Future Mrs. Polar Bear
    • Flag

Neither. Not everyone drinks champagne. It's better to have a toast to something they can choose themselves at the bar. (my opinion)

• Mandi
    Master October 2020
    Mandi
    • Flag
    Nice.........
  • K
    Expert February 2020
    Kristina
    • Flag

Nice to have. I am not a huge fan and FH doesn't drink. The only reason we are having a champagne toast is because it comes with the catering/venue package we chose. And I will behaving my fav wine to toast with. Smiley smile

• C
    Savvy December 2019
    Callie
    • Flag
    No not needed and a waist of money.
  • L. Thomson
    Expert October 2020
    L. Thomson
    • Flag
    Nice to have. We actually chose not too since neither one of us are fans of champagne. We are having a harvest apple cider cocktail and apple ale. There is also a bar available for those that want something different.
  • C
    Beginner October 2019
    Chelsea
    • Flag
    Nice to have if it鈥檚 in your budget!
  • Christine
    Savvy July 2020
    Christine
    • Flag
    Nice to have of you drink it and can afford it
  • C
    Dedicated September 2020
    Christina
    • Flag
    Nice to have. We're having beer and liquor. People can toast with whatever drink they have.
  • Bobbie
    Bobbie
    • Flag
    Need to have
  • A
    Expert August 2019
    Aliciabilly2019
    • Flag
    I think its nice to have but not a need to have ...at our venue they serve the head table with champagne as part of the included costs which i think is really nice then if we want to include whine for tables its 20 for one bottle and 40 for 2 per table but were only doing the parents table with whine ... and i cant have champagne so im having whine i cant have the bubbles i had gastric sleeve done so ill enjoy whine while everyone else enjoys the bubbly at our table lol...but nice to have not need had they not included it i was just going to have peopld cheers with whatever drink they weree drinking at the time of the toasts
  • Heather
    Expert April 2020
    Heather
    • Flag

Nice to have. Alcohol is never a need.

• Yoice
    VIP March 2019
    Yoice
    • Flag
    Need to have! No toast without champagne and no early mimosas to cheer with your girls without it either.
  • Natalia
    Expert October 2020
    Natalia
    • Flag

Nice to have. Although we are looking to have a champagne toast or a champagne greeting at our reception.

• P
    Just Said Yes September 2020
    Patricia
    • Flag
    Nice I personally don鈥檛 like wine or champagne and neither does ken
  • Ruby
    Dedicated October 2019
    Ruby
    • Flag

Nice to have, we're just having everyone toast with their drinks in hand

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more