E
Just Said Yes July 2020

Ceremony only space in Philadelphia

Erica, on July 20, 2019 at 5:51 PM Posted in Pennsylvania Planning 0 6
Saved Save
I found a space I love for my reception, but I don’t love the space for my ceremony. I would love to have the ceremony in an outdoor space or somewhere with a lot of windows and light. I have reached out to a few places, but they will only host a ceremony and reception. Anyone have any ideas or spaces to recommend. The cost of the ceremony space at this venue is about $2,000, so I would like to find a space for that or less. I don’t even know if it’s possible, but thought I’d ask. Thank you in advance for any help!

6 Comments

• Kelly
    Expert October 2019
    Kelly ·
    How about the Valley Green Inn? I’m not sure if they do ceremony only, but they might.
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Cliodhna Online ·

Welcome to the WeddingWire community, Erica

A great suggestion would be to look into local parks! They may have an area where a ceremony could be held.

Is there something, in particular, you don’t like about the ceremony space at the venue? Is there not a lot of light like you would prefer?

• E
    Just Said Yes July 2020
    Erica ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Hi Cliodhna,
    Yes that is exactly the problem. I love the space, but not for the ceremony. I think it’s darker and there is no natural light. I reached out to several places so I’m hoping to hear back today and hopefully one of the spaces will do it. I love the park idea, but I worry about the weather.
  • Ada
    Just Said Yes November 2019
    Ada ·
    Maybe drive around Fairmount Park and see if there is anywhere you like? You can get a permit for the park and they have lots cute little tucked away places.
  • E
    Just Said Yes July 2020
    Erica ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Great idea! I did see that race street pier can be rented for a ceremony with permit fee. I am looking into that as well.
  • Rachel
    Dedicated May 2020
    Rachel ·
    View Quoted Comment

If you're looking at Fairmount Park, look at the Independence mall park stuff too. I know you can get a permit for photos so you may be able to get one for a ceremony as well.

Comment on this discussion