M
Super May 2016

Cape Cod Honeymoon!!

Mal-Pal, on May 3, 2016 at 3:10 PM Posted in Honeymoon

So FH has taken the reins on the honeymoon and I haven't really thought much about it until today when I was researching stuff to do! I am so excited!

There's whale watching and excellent seafood and nature walking/biking trails and I could not be more stoked! We're also going in to Boston for a few days!

Any New Enganders out there with advice on what to do/see?

Share:

15 Comments

• FreshToDeathAng
    Master September 2016
    FreshToDeathAng ·

What part of the Cape are you going to be? It sounds like you have lots of good options already thought out in your head! Have you ever been to Boston before? The Freedom Trail, Boston Commons, Sam Adams/Harpoon Brewery are my favorites, but it's a very walkable city so you could just walk around for hours and be happy.

• Deb
    VIP January 2017
    Deb ·

If you are able to I recommend Marthas Vineyard or Nantucket for the bulk of the week. You will have to take a ferry to both places but they are amazing. You can bike around for the most part and the restaurants are great!

If you are staying off the islands Ptown is wonderful. There are a few small, quaint towns as well.

I am from MA and I miss the Cape more than my hometown.

If you are baseball fans take a tour of Fenway. It has a lot of history. Great places to eat there too, and lots to do.

I am jealous!! I gave up my weekly trip home this year in the name of saving money for the wedding. Please post pics when you get back.

• JustPlainCat
    VIP September 2016
    JustPlainCat ·

Love The Cape. Seal watches are always one of my favorite things to do. Where are you staying?

• OG Kathryn
    Champion May 2016
    OG Kathryn ·

I have a cottage in Eastham. Provincetown is a great day trip, hit up Truro Vineyards on the way for a wine tasting and tour.

What town are you staying in?

• Kathryn
    Super July 2016
    Kathryn ·

Provincetown is fun. I also really like Brewster, MA.

• Fitz
    Master August 2018
    Fitz ·

Ohhh that is going to be so much fun!! Whale watching was my favorite part of cape cod

• M
    Super November 2016
    MBP2000 ·

I'm from Dennis, MA! Are you honeymooning in May/June? I'd suggest looking at the Lighthouse Inn as a place to stay. The Cape Cod Rail Trail is in Dennis and goes through several towns for biking. I'd also suggest heading out to the National Seashore and also spending time on Nantucket or the Vineyard. Enjoy!

• M
    Super May 2016
    Mrs. W ·

The Cape is great we go every summer. P-town is a great day trip, we like going to Pilgrims Monument and climbing to the top. The view is awesome. If you are in the Dennis area you have to check out Sundae School. It's worth the lines. What town are you guys staying in?

• M
    Super November 2016
    MBP2000 ·

@meet the wolffs... I worked at Sundae School! The Ice Cream Smuggler in Dennis is also amazing....

• JustPlainCat
    VIP September 2016
    JustPlainCat ·

@Kathryn Eastham is a great area. FH and I had our first official date at the Beachbreak (since closed) in Eastham.

• M
    Super May 2016
    Mal-Pal ·

Aah these are all great options! We are going may 22-28 and I'm so excited! We planned to do the freedom trail one day in Boston too!!

• Diane
    VIP October 2016
    Diane ·

I'm in TN now but for your Boston trip, enjoy some Italian food on the north end and stop by Mikes pastry for the best cannoli ever!

• M
    Super May 2016
    Mal-Pal ·

Also, we're staying in Provincetown at a B&B!

• Karen
    Expert June 2016
    Karen ·

You're going to love it here!!!!! I am a Boston native. I also would suggest a day trip to Martha's Vineyard.

For Boston- put your walking shoes on! Boston is a very walkable city- go see a Sox game, take a walk through the Public Garden (very pretty) and Boston Common, walk through Back Bay on Newbury Street (lots of shops and restaurants) and Boylston St- (this is also where the Marathon bombing happened), go and visit the North End (the Italian section). Oh I could go on and on and on!

And take a Duck Tour- it's a touristy thing to do, but you can really take in the whole city!

• M
    Super May 2016
    Mal-Pal ·

Ahh I can't wait!!!! FH and I are STOKED! Honestly, I could skip the wedding and go straight to the HM!

Comment on this discussion