Melanie
Devoted March 2018

Bora Bora Activity Recommendations

Melanie, on April 13, 2018 at 9:42 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 7
Saved Save
We booked our honeymoon and we are going to Bora Bora and staying at the Conrad and the Four Seasons.

I’m dying to hear your recommendations for activities- what are your favorite things you did? Anything you’d reccomend to avoid?

7 Comments

• Kiley
    Super February 2019
    Kiley ·
    Following. This is one of the places we are looking at.
  • L
    Expert May 2018
    LIZ ·
    Also following, my dream vaca
  • Lory
    Dedicated November 2019
    Lory ·
    Can I ask how much it cost you for the honeymoon? I’ve always dreamt of going!
  • Melanie
    Devoted March 2018
    Melanie ·
    View Quoted Comment
    We used points and miles to pay for the flights- so not sure what they cost (maybe $2300/pp round trip from Boston to PPT?). I think the Conrad was $1350/night and we found a deal on booking.com. At the Four Seasons we are paying about $1675/night (FS has a deal to stay 3 nights and the 4th night is free). There were cheaper room options in both, but we wanted overwater bungalows with privacy so we picked rooms that were slightly more expensive.
  • A
    Just Said Yes September 2018
    Alyssa ·

Following as well! We're pretty lazy though so we'll likely mostly just lounge and eat good food.

We're staying at the IHG Thalasso, and it cost us about $11k total for flights & hotel (in late Sept from LA for 6 nights, flights + transpo ~$1900pp and hotel $1170/night for an upgraded room with a view).

• Liana
    VIP March 2017
    Liana ·

We went to Tahiti and Bora Bora for our honeymoon. I would definitely recommend hiking with a local pro and all the water activities.

• Melanie
    Devoted March 2018
    Melanie ·
    Following up now that we are back from our honeymoon. Bora Bora was AMAZING. I highly recommend it if you can afford it!

We stayed at the Conrad and the Four Seasons. The Conrad is brand new (it’s the old Hilton, renovated and updated). The rooms were actually nicer than the Four Seasons, with large decks with hammocks, and Bluetooth speakers wired throughout and on the deck so you can listen to your own music. After four nights we moved to the Four Seasons- the rooms are a bit tired but the views can’t be beat and the service was the best we had. I highly recommend splitting your time between a couple of places.

For activities we were kind of boring- we did the shark and ray snorkeling trip with Lagoon Services. It was definitely worth it and I highly recommend it. It was very windy in the middle of July so that cut down on kayaking, SUP, and some other water activities. Otherwise we laid by the pool, snorkeled off our bungalow, and went to the spa at both hotels. We also had dinner in town one night at Villa Mahana. It was great traditional French food. I heard that the Jean-Georges restaurant at the St. Regis is better.

Comment on this discussion